George Michael taken to hospital with Pneumonia

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
Forum Member
Being reported on twitter that he's been taking to a hospital in Vienna suffering from symptoms of Pneumonia

[news]George Michael contracts pneumonia, cancels Cardiff concerts[/news]

Comments

• lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope he's ok. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    I may be bad for thinking this but the first thought is HIV. He has been off the rails for quite a while now.I hope I'm wrong tho.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully he'll get better soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Crossed my mind too. Hope it is not so.
  • Jackboy18Jackboy18 Posts: 1,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taboo wrote: »
    I may be bad for thinking this but the first thought is HIV. He has been off the rails for quite a while now.I hope I'm wrong tho.

I thought that too. This is the eve of the 20th anniversary of Freddie Mercury's death as well. :(
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No no no ...............push those bad thoughts away.
    He smokes too much.
    He'll be fine.............please.XXXXXXXXXXXX
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taboo wrote: »

Gay man gets pneumonia = hysterical finger pointing and worst case knee jerk reaction.

:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It had better be a straghtforward chest infection.

Don't you dare George.
    I lost Freddie and I ain't losing you.
    Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze get better. xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    Gay man gets pneumonia = hysterical finger pointing and worst case knee jerk reaction.

:rolleyes:

I'm glad someone else sees it like that. Really, the guy's in hospital with pneumonia, a serious condition certainly, but is presumably getting the treatment he needs and will hopefully be back on his feet soon. Why can't it just be left there, and wish him well, rather than making baseless and prurient assumptions about his health just because he happens to be gay?

It's like watching vultures gathering.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    I'm glad someone else sees it like that. Really, the guy's in hospital with pneumonia, a serious condition certainly, but is presumably getting the treatment he needs and will hopefully be back on his feet soon. Why can't it just be left there, and wish him well, rather than making baseless and prurient assumptions about his health just because he happens to be gay?

Lexi, I know what you are saying, but my mum used to work at the clinic and it is very common for aids patients to have cause of death as pneumonia. I don't think it is a malicious thought really.:)
  • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member

I completely agree...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goldiloks wrote: »
    Lexi, I know what you are saying, but my mum used to work at the clinic and it is very common for aids patients to have cause of death as pneumonia. I don't think it is a malicious thought really.:)

Goldi, I am more than aware of that. All I'm saying is that this type of speculation, when it's without foundation - and it is without foundation as far as I'm aware - is imo salacious prurience masquerading as concern.

I don't really expect anyone to agree with me, just giving an opinion. I'm also thinking of how speculation like this takes flight and becomes 'fact' and how upsetting that may be for the person's family and friends.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No lexi.................... no no and no.

I ain't no vulture.
    I want him well.

I lost Freddie and he'd better get well or I will go to wherever he is and nurse him myself.
    I love GM. XX
    Forum Member

Im not malicious at all. Just something that immediately came to mind,esp as George has openly said he would never have a HIV test.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No lexi.................... no no and no.

I ain't no vulture.
    I want him well.

I lost Freddie and he'd better get well or I will go to wherever he is and nurse him myself.
    I love GM. XX

DD, just a general comment at the turn the thread seemed to be taking, is all. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    George Michael was one of the biggest pop stars and his fall from grace was spectacular.

With regards to his health I feel he will always be tainted by his recreational drug use and his sexuality to people putting wild assumptions that it could be AIDS or lung problems caused by heavy cannabis use.

Just looking at him these days he looks old and tired, plus over weight, a idol or icon that has had a wild life style now catching up with him.
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get well soon George! <3
    cynet wrote: »
    Just looking at him these days he looks old and tired, plus over weight, a idol or icon that has had a wild life style now catching up with him.
    He's in his 50s. Isn't dyed and botoxed... certainly wasn't overweight when he played dublin recently!
    http://www.gigwise.com/photos/68354/4/George-Michael-Plays-Dublin-Gig-After-Royal-Albert-Hall-Cancellation
  • glowboyglowboy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member

George Michael has never said he is HIV Positive or has "aids" so why would you jump to the conclusion that his pneumonia is related to either?

Bacause he is gay? This is 2011, not 1986!

Aside from the fact that with the correct medication most people with HIV, particularly someone with George Michael's wealth, now live just as long as people without the condition.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goldi, I am more than aware of that. All I'm saying is that this type of speculation, when it's without foundation - and it is without foundation as far as I'm aware - is imo salacious prurience masquerading as concern.

I don't really expect anyone to agree with me, just giving an opinion. I'm also thinking of how speculation like this takes flight and becomes 'fact' and how upsetting that may be for the person's family and friends.

I agree with you... George is apparently a heavy cannabis user... which means smoking without filters... very not for the lungs... long term cannabis use has also been linked to testicular cancer... hopefully it is just pneumonia and he recovers quickly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glowboy wrote: »
    George Michael has never said he is HIV Positive or has "aids" so why would you jump to the conclusion that his pneumonia is related to either?

Aside from the fact that with the correct medication most people with HIV, particularly someone with George Michael's wealth, now live just as long as people without the condition.

I haven't jumped to any conclusion but defended those who mentioned it. Statistically gay/bisexuals are at higher risk and therefore with pneumonia being closely linked, I can understand peoples natural thought. It isn't being malicious just honest about it and concerned for George.:)
    Forum Member
    I haven't jumped to any conclusion but defended those who mentioned it. Statistically gay/bisexuals are at higher risk and therefore with pneumonia being closely linked, I can understand peoples natural thought. It isn't being malicious just honest about it and concerned for George.:)

Thank you:)
  • mollie5555mollie5555 Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please stop suggesting that George is being treated for AIDS related pneumonia. Even if he is it's none of our business

All I do know is the following

I have been to 5 shows on this tour and about 12 during 25 Live. I am meant to go to another 5. George was sounding and looking incredible during the Dublin shows only a few weeks ago. Many members of the touring party have had chest infectiions over the last few weeks.

A lot of people who love his music have been disappointed by the cancellation and are out of pocket as a result. Many people are tweeting that he can cancel the rest of the tour as long as he gets better. His fans, my friends and I are only concerned about his health and his recovery. No matter what is the cause of his illness.

As a friend of mine tweeted earlier. Take your time and use it well to recover fully before you bless us with your voice again. We'll be there, as always :) xxx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    Get well soon George! <3

He's in his 50s. Isn't dyed and botoxed... certainly wasn't overweight when he played dublin recently!
    http://www.gigwise.com/photos/68354/4/George-Michael-Plays-Dublin-Gig-After-Royal-Albert-Hall-Cancellation

Great pic of him. :)
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    glowboy wrote: »

No, I don't think that's fair. I think it's probably because he has led a very promiscuous life. If you have a reputation for sleeping around, and you're gay, then it's pretty obvious that people are going to start making assumptions.