Options

Frasier starting from the very beginning on C4 27th December 2012

LeviathainLeviathain Posts: 719
Forum Member
✭✭
I have never watched Frasier, so was wondering what people think of it in general.

It is starting from the very beginning tomorrow on C4 at 9:15am so I might record all of them.

Sitcoms I like are:

Everybody Love Raymond
Friends
Seinfeld
The King of Queens
Third Rock from the Sun

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Yea you'll prob love it. I watch repeats sometimes an am always surprised by how much it still makes me laugh.

Thanks for the heads up on the repeat from first ep, will series link it and watch it thru
  • Options
    SpotSpot Posts: 25,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've lost count of how many times the series has been run in the morning slot now - it's Friends on E4 all over again!

However I always enjoy watching them - all but a few in the final series which I think was easily the weakest and probably meant they made the decision to end it at the right time.

As my childhood pet was a Jack Russell, Eddie is the real star of the show for me.

Don't forget they are usually on Sundays as well as weekdays, although not this coming weekend.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant series.

You should definitely give it a go because Frasier is such an excellent show .

In my opinion it is far superior to Friends and Everybody loves Raymond (haven't watched the others you mentioned) because all the characters are likeable and have good comic timing. Also the relatsionship between Niles and Daphne isnt as aggravating as Ross and Rachel were.
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frasier is the best comedy show ever. EVER !
    Message Ends !
    :D
  • Options
    fondantfancyfondantfancy Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't love it I'd be amazed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't love it I'd be amazed.

This. I haven't met anyone who doesn't love it.
  • Options
    Tush_91Tush_91 Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    You'll love it, I only started watching it last year but got hooked straight away, can't get enough of it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    I bought the boxset back in January 2012 and have made it last until xmas day. It was really hard spreading it across the year, but it was worth it. Making it a part of every week of my life for a year really made you appreciate it. It is easily the best comedy ever made and it's by the same makers and writers as Modern Family, so expect the same level of excellence. I'm so envious that you've never seen Frasier and that you have it all to come
  • Options
    OrangecrabOrangecrab Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that info. I checked the TV listings and see that tomorrow at 08:45am the last ever episode (Season 11 ep 24 titled "Goodnight Seattle part 2") will be shown, followed by the first ever episode as you say (Season 1 ep 1 titled "The Good Son") at 09:15.

After which Season 1 will continue with 2 episodes shown each weekday morning but starting at different times: Friday 28 Dec at 08:00, Mon 31 Dec at 08:55, Tues 1 Jan at 08:25, etc.

Don't forget the Channel 4 +1 facility if like me you find these times rather early. I enjoyed Frasier and will try to catch these.
  • Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Watch it! I like all the shows you mentioned and I love Frasier. I only first got into it the beginning of last year and watched the entire series, took a break, missed it and started watching again recently. Comedy central were repeating early mornings everyday but it doesnt seem to be on at the moment.
  • Options
    OrangecrabOrangecrab Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unusually (I think), Season 1 of Frasier is continuing with 2 episodes daily not only on weekdays, but now including Saturday and Sunday. Thus we have 2 new episodes on Saturday 5th Jan at 10:00, and 2 more on Sunday 6 Jan at 08:25.

As there are 264 episodes in all of Frasier, this 7 day programming will mean that Channel 4 get through them more quickly if as I presume they intend to show them all.
  • Options
    LeviathainLeviathain Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finished the whole series, really enjoyed it.

Watched 2-3 on a daily basis depending on how many channel 4 listed that day.

Whole series rebooting from the beginning again.