24: Live Another Day [US Pace]

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ritch wrote: »
    that's a big cop out, its an example of forgiving 24 for anything, which has added to its decline. yeah it can be forgiven for some timing errors etc but there is a limit, as with other aspects. there comes a point where 24 becomes unbelievable its its own universe. that's where its dangerously close to farce.

I'm sure if a few folk on a forum whine loud enough the producers will change *everything*.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Belcheck was an interesting character. Doesn't seem to have been much discussion of him and yet he's very unusual when you think about it. Introduced right at the beginning and there right to the end. We don't get told any of his back story but Jack trusts him absolutely. It's the first time Jack has had a partner - he usually works alone. Or people he's temporarily working with either turn out to be traitors or else they end up dead. He seems to be as good as Jack at kicking ass.

I thought he'd either get killed (coz he seemed expendable) or he'd turn out to have "another agenda" but neither of these happened. Would have been interesting to know his story - there must be a reason why Jack trusts him implicitly. He even trusts him to be alone with the President in a car at one point which is about the most trust Jack could ever have in another person.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just binge watched the whole series over the past couple of days and enjoyed it immensely. Classic 24 silliness but a lot tighter, focused and action packed due to the reduced episode number which worked so much better.

It was a nice touch to adhere to 24 tradition and give Audrey the silent pip send-off :)

Would be nice to see one more go around to tie things up I suppose, but I won't hold my breath. It would be nice to see Jack finally get a happy ending but then with the sort of show it is, i equally wouldn't be surprised if they did finish it with him dying some kind of heroic death.
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big-Arn wrote: »
    I'm sure if a few folk on a forum whine loud enough the producers will change *everything*.

I'm not asking them to change anything, I'd sooner they stop personally.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xanakis wrote: »
    Belcheck was an interesting character. Doesn't seem to have been much discussion of him and yet he's very unusual when you think about it. Introduced right at the beginning and there right to the end. We don't get told any of his back story but Jack trusts him absolutely. It's the first time Jack has had a partner - he usually works alone. Or people he's temporarily working with either turn out to be traitors or else they end up dead. He seems to be as good as Jack at kicking ass.

I thought he'd either get killed (coz he seemed expendable) or he'd turn out to have "another agenda" but neither of these happened. Would have been interesting to know his story - there must be a reason why Jack trusts him implicitly. He even trusts him to be alone with the President in a car at one point which is about the most trust Jack could ever have in another person.

I LOVED Belcheck. No idea why I just did.

I was quite relieved there was no heel turn or death. It was the only defining this about the time jump that he was there at Jack's side until the very end.

Reading through these comments its got me wondering: Am I the only who thought Charles Logan was a horrendously shit character played by a shit actor?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reading through these comments its got me wondering: Am I the only who thought Charles Logan was a horrendously shit character played by a shit actor?

I think so, yes.
  • ShadoutShadout Posts: 1,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVED Belcheck. No idea why I just did.

I was quite relieved there was no heel turn or death. It was the only defining this about the time jump that he was there at Jack's side until the very end.

Take that kind of language back to the WWE thread! :p

Agreed with you on Belcheck, I thought he was a very interesting character - presumably from Jack's time in Serbia that was mentioned all the way back in season 1.

I disagree with your take on Logan though, Gregory Itzin was fantastic with his channelling of Tricky Dicky Nixon. It was almost refreshing in a way to have a baddie that was an old-fashioned slimy, snivelling villain rather than just the usual Middle Eastern / Russian / Chinese adversary for Jack.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skye McCole Bartusiak who appeared as Megan Matheson in 24 has died at the age of 21. Very sad.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a585255/actress-skye-mccole-bartusiak-dies-aged-21.html#~oKDLwj99rJViOv
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Next season Jack will learn info from someone else in Russian prison about a terrorist attack in Moscow. He'll get free somehow and repay his debt to the Russians (really the only way to end his Russian problem is if they just pardon him).

Why did he kill those russian diplomats anyway? Were they dirty like this season's lot?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    Why did he kill those russian diplomats anyway? Were they dirty like this season's lot?

The Russians killed (or at the very least, allowed to be killed by hit men they were working with) his main squeeze and a lot of his friends, and due to political shenanigans were going to get clean away with it. Jack went rogue, disavowed his allegiance to the US, stormed the Russian embassy and killed them all to death. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ritch wrote: »
    I'm not asking them to change anything, I'd sooner they stop personally.

And again, all it takes is a quick post on this forum and I'm pretty sure Fox will pull the plug.

The power is in your hands!
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    The Russians killed (or at the very least, allowed to be killed by hit men they were working with) his main squeeze and a lot of his friends, and due to political shenanigans were going to get clean away with it. Jack went rogue, disavowed his allegiance to the US, stormed the Russian embassy and killed them all to death. :D

Thanks!

I did watch it originally, I just have a terrible memory for these things!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I loved how they did that too, they didn't show it at all, they just had one tracking shot afterwards following one guy along the trail of destruction! Perfect!
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was episode 11 that had the president and one of his military advisors say "nuke-u-lar" about 3 or 4 times. Lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was episode 11 that had the president and one of his military advisors say "nuke-u-lar" about 3 or 4 times. Lol.

It happened a few times - and always from the same people. The worrying thing is that it was always characters who really ought to know how it's pronounced.

The even more worrying thing is that this might be the most "real" aspect of the show - the American nuclear command not knowing how to spell or say "Nuclear"...
  • Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The very worst of all is that Jack used to say it properly in s2, but mispronounces it in subsequent seasons.

...did someone tell him to start saying it wrong in some kind of dumbing down exercise? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tony Tiger wrote: »
    The very worst of all is that Jack used to say it properly in s2, but mispronounces it in subsequent seasons.

...did someone tell him to start saying it wrong in some kind of dumbing down exercise? :confused:

Maybe Jack did it by accident (unlikely I know - everything Jack does is for a reason!), someone overheard him and thought that "new-kew-ler" was the correct pronunciation simply because they'd heard it from Jack?

If Jack Bauer told me that grass was pink and water was dry, I'd believe him!
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tony Tiger wrote: »

Maybe Americans complained that he wasn't pronouncing it properly, cuz I mean jeez, if George W says 'nuke-u-lar' then by golly that must be right. :D
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And again, all it takes is a quick post on this forum and I'm pretty sure Fox will pull the plug.

The power is in your hands!

I'm not trying to start a revolution lol. Its called expressing an opinion, I'd rarely expect anything to change from it.
  • Nick_2005Nick_2005 Posts: 1,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Incase anyones interested

Yvonne Strahovski ( Kate Morgan ) just did a live chat with fans and talked a little about 24, but mostly Chuck and Dexter.

A Conversation with Yvonne Strahovski
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjISCMOnvvc

all done for charity so good on her :)
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xanakis wrote: »

I thought he was woefully underdeveloped and largely forgotten for most of the series, just what was the point of him?
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    I thought he was woefully underdeveloped and largely forgotten for most of the series, just what was the point of him?

Feel the same way. It seemed to me that he was wasted, and as has been mentioned previously in that Jack trusted him more than his own governments professionals.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,695
    Forum Member
    I think he was supposed to be an enigma. Just "the go to guy to get things done". To be fair, there wasn't a lot of time to get to know anyone new ;)

Perhaps in the next one? (He said hopefully :D))
  • Mr.LavigneMr.Lavigne Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How come there was a silent clock right at the end of the season - even though there was no death? Never been done before?
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr.Lavigne wrote: »
    How come there was a silent clock right at the end of the season - even though there was no death? Never been done before?

Oh yes it has!

It was never exclusive to a character death.

It was used at the end of Day 2 Day 6, and Redemption and of course LaD, even though no-one actually died.