Options

Challenge TV Caption Error

steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
Forum Member
✭✭
A bizarre error on Challenge the coming up tonight board should have said 3-2-1 at 8pm but bizarrely it had converted into the date 02/03/2001 00:00

You would think someone would look before they displayed it.

Don't think I have seen an error like that before not earth shattering but a bit weird.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/syt2/9585434092/in/photostream

Comments

• Options
    bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,707
    Forum Member
    It has been doing that all afternoon.

Something is clearly up with Challenge as they have also had the announcers talking over the shows
  • Options
    Tony RichardsTony Richards Posts: 5,745
    Forum Member
    At least this thread shows somebody's actually watching it! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least this thread shows somebody's actually watching it! :D

I love Challenge but not liking the way they are going for these weird new American shows like Jousting and Karoake.
  • Options
    Bandspread199Bandspread199 Posts: 4,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't sleep tonight having read this thread!:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't sleep tonight having read this thread!:eek:

I did say it wasn't earthshattering no need for sarcasm :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    I love Challenge but not liking the way they are going for these weird new American shows like Jousting and Karoake.

To be fair, they could do with some original commissions.
  • Options
    unknown17unknown17 Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Challenge needs more new shows like this and TNA. Relying on crappy darts shows from the 80's was getting boring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unknown17 wrote: »
    Challenge needs more new shows like this and TNA. Relying on crappy darts shows from the 80's was getting boring.

But some stupid Karaoke that's being trailed in every advert is not the answer and a crappy darts show is what people like to watch on Challenge.
  • Options
    PaulLFCPaulLFC Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But some stupid Karaoke that's being trailed in every advert is not the answer and a crappy darts show is what people like to watch on Challenge.
    It may be what you like to watch but if the viewing figures have shown Challenge that not many people are watching the "crappy darts show" anymore, then they're going to replace it and try something else.

I watched a bit of Killer Karaoke, which I assume is the show you mean, and it still fits in with the "Challenge" name as the challenge is to do karaoke while in a dangerous/uncomfortable situation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PaulLFC wrote: »
    It may be what you like to watch but if the viewing figures have shown Challenge that not many people are watching the "crappy darts show" anymore, then they're going to replace it and try something else.

I watched a bit of Killer Karaoke, which I assume is the show you mean, and it still fits in with the "Challenge" name as the challenge is to do karaoke while in a dangerous/uncomfortable situation.

Bullseye had been in the Challenge Top 10 6 out of the last 8 weeks hardly a case of "not many people watching"

Judging by the way Killer Karaoke is being trailed to death today it isn't doing the business for Challenge.
  • Options
    SteveBentleySteveBentley Posts: 2,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back Prize Time/The Games Room!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Show the first 2 series of 321 again, the late 70s when you could win a St Bernard dog or a sofa that converted to a snooker table, that's what Challenge should be about!
  • Options
    M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    I did say it wasn't earthshattering no need for sarcasm :mad:

I don't think it was aimed personally at you, Just someone being flippant which considering your own admission it was "weird but not earth shattering" was sort of in the same context.

I wouldn't worry about it personally.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At last - a channel that seems even more worthless and pointless than Pick TV. If only they'd rid Freeview of this kind of crap it might help to make room for something that's actually worth watching.
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched Bullseye on Challenge religiously a few years back. It got me and my mates back into playing darts for a while. I think once through was enough though; a bit like Friends on E4.

I'm watching Knightmare every week at the moment, which i'm enjoying almost as much now as when I was 8 (if that's possible). But i'm not catching much else - I think the bulk of 80s/90s studio quiz shows are best left in the past (though if other people want to watch them fair enough).
  • Options
    Zeropoint1Zeropoint1 Posts: 10,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My old BlackBerry phone used to do something similar when I tried to write a certain sequence of numbers or letters, it would auto correct them to the date no matter how many times I changed it. I just wish I could remember the numbers as it was really annoying!

EDIT - For some reason writing 'LD' also made it do that, annoying when talking about a friends website called Lost Destinations.
  • Options
    Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah yes, Bullseye.... You live in a built up area, 100's of miles away from the nearest water.... Congratulations, you've won a speed boat! :p
  • Options
    chris1978chris1978 Posts: 1,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreadful channel. Watching contestants who might well even be dead now. I find that rather creepy for some reason. The one thing that is enjoyable though is to watch the prizes. Some superb examples of record players and cassette decks as well as an Austin Metro and quite often a teasmade. Now imagine winning that selection. Superb.