Anyone wearing purple tomorrow?

DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A lot of people in my office have said they will be wearing purple in support of UKIP, just for a bit of a laugh and to annoy the anti lobby :p. I might dig out a purple tie myself.:D

Anyone else getting into the spirit to mark this day of political revolution?

Comments

• zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Nope.
  • jjnejjne Posts: 6,580
    Forum Member
    Ooh, can I play that game?

It might just flush a few of them out, then I'll be able to burst their bubble for them.

Bless.
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *despairs*
    Why did you even start this thread?

Why couldn't you have added this as a comment to one of the other dozen UKIP threads?
  • DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    *despairs*
    Why did you even start this thread?

Why couldn't you have added this as a comment to one of the other dozen UKIP threads?

Sorry I just couldn't seem to make it fit into the others, so had no choice but to make a new one. ;-)
  • LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DadDancer wrote: »
    Sorry I just couldn't seem to make it fit into the others, so had no choice but to make a new one. ;-)

Except that's clearly not true, and there are rules here - which are ultimately being broken (duplicate threads).

To be honest, I'd also construe this sort of thing as baiting.

I wish the moderators would put their foot down now, as it's just got to silly levels.
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Except that's clearly not true, and there are rules here - which are ultimately being broken (duplicate threads).

I wish the moderators would put their foot down now, as it's just got to silly levels.

I will be glad when these elections are over because the UKIP supporters might finally quieten down to normal levels (wishful thinking).
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to recall a certain Mr. Icke telling us that purple was a powerful colour.

So, what colours are safe to wear, i.e. that do not have any political attachment?
    Red, blue, yellow, green and purple are out for starters, I'm sure I saw a flyer with orange on it, did pink get claimed by anyone? Rainbow patterns I think were the Natural Law party, so are we looking at black/white/grey or are those taken too, meaning even a pinstripe outfit would be considered partisan?
    I'm not sure I want to chance it with fine distinctions, and 'olive' or 'indigo' would be pushing my luck somewhat.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Deleted

(for now)
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh good grief, at time UKIP really does seem less like a political party and more like a cult to some. I really do have sympathy for some of the attacks that have been subjected to but things like this, the idea that Farage is a 'man of the people' , this whole 'people's army' make we wonder if they really are more style over substance...a bit like all the other parties.

No, I won't be wearing any colour of the poltical party I am voting for.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    Oh good grief, at time UKIP really does seem less like a political party and more like a cult to some. .

That's pretty much what UKIP has become here.
  • TalmaTalma Posts: 10,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how many Labour and Tory candidates will be wearing red or blue ties/ scarves/ whatever. It could liven up the waffle on the endless results programmes trying to count.
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    zelda fan wrote: »
    I will be glad when these elections are over because the UKIP supporters might finally quieten down to normal levels (wishful thinking).

Their supporters will slowly drift into disappointment when they see that nothing is changing, except for the bank balances of the new MEPs they voted in.
    That first class carriage on the Brussels Gravy Train is now going to have more passengers.
  • allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of people in my office have said they will be wearing purple in support of UKIP, just for a bit of a laugh and to annoy the anti lobby :p. I might dig out a purple tie myself.:D

Anyone else getting into the spirit to mark this day of political revolution?

LibLabCon will be wearing black if you don't mind. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    I think that when the results of the elections are announced, quite a few people here will turn purple.
  • allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But you're contributing.

Report it to the mods then.

Report it to the mods then and ask them to replace it with a thread of your liking.
  • northantsgirlnorthantsgirl Posts: 4,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick Clegg may be purple with embarrassment when he finds the Greens have overtaken the Lib Dems.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

its not a duplicate thread. Please point me in the direction of a thread based on wearing political colours?:confused: I think it's a shame you can't get into the spirit of the occasion :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D I like it ! Think i will have to paste that up to my Facebook as a subtle hint
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    :D I like it ! Think i will have to paste that up to my Facebook as a subtle hint

Lead singer who was born in the Ukraine and uses the word 'gypsy' to describe his music.
  • CapablancaCapablanca Posts: 5,130
    Forum Member
    Completely unintentional, but I slipped on maroon socks and a checked maroon shirt this morning.:D
  • StaunchyStaunchy Posts: 10,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got a purple helmet, but I'm not going to whip out in public no matter how I'm voting.
  • LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member

It is a jolly song isn't it.

I have had it in my record collection for a long time and enjoy not living next door to myself. :)
  • HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be wearing black , in recognition of the barbaric killing of Lee Rigby on a London street . Might also be black for the death of the liberals in the EU election also .
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Co-incidently I'm wearing purple socks - Nige can have that if he likes.
    I've also got on a blue shirt and red underpants - something for Dave and Ed.
    Sadly nothing green or orange - soz Caroline & Nick:(

I've got beige chinos too - anyone do beige? The 'nothing too extreme, quite comfy and non-exciting party' perhaps?:)