Orange - Cowboys

2»

Comments

• magikmaxmagikmax Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PDJames wrote: »
    I took out a new Orange contract with a K810i in June 2007. Three or four months later I spilt water on it and it stopped working. I knew it was my fault but I have mobile insurance with my current account so it was repaired that way. A few months later the phone kept turning itself off and on again. I rang Orange and was asked a few questions. I was then told a new repleacement phone would be sent the next day.

Last month my phone failed again. When I turned it on the screen just went white and't turned off. It wouldnt charge either. Rang Orange, asked the same questions and a new replacement phone was sent out the next day. When I received it, the phone still wouldn't turn on so I deduced the battery was at fault. Rang Orange and a new battery was sent out via Royal Mail. As it would take 3 days for delivery I asked for my line rental to be credited for when I had no use of the phone. The operator gave me a £10 goodwill bill credit.

All in all I am very pleased with Orange's customer services.

Their broadband was something else though..... :D

This was exactly the service I received from Orange a few years ago when my Motorola V600 died in the last month of its contract. It was replaced with a brand new one by courier the next day, and I didn't have phone insurance through Orange. I wouldn't expect a brand new replacement in the last month of my contract, but that was exactly what I got, and was very happy.

When the deal I had with O2 ran out, I changed back to Orange for this very reason, the fact that traditionally, I had received an excellent service from them.

Of course, it turns out that my loyalty was badly misjudged, but it goes to show that for some people at least, Orange still provide a decent service. I would like to say that they had for me, but quite simply, it's been very poor, and I'm glad I'm moving.
  • susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simax wrote: »
    I still find it hard to believe the OP.

18 months ago, you could get Orange Broadband FOC if you took out a £30+ 18 month contract.

Also, anything that is sold from direct sales (ie: orange.co.uk or Telesales) would be replaced, IF FAULTY, within the first 6 months, by courier, even if you didn't have care.

The EMERGENCY Care fee would have been £100 (not £195)for a K800i as it's a 3G handset.

Your figures are somewhat inflated, but, as you've been at the short end of the wedge (allegedly) this cannot be discounted.

Orange are the only phone company I know to offer a level of Insurance such as Orange Care, for £6 a month with only a £15 claim (admin) fee. CPW charge £10 a month with a £50 fee for a claim IIRC.

Other networks won't let you have Emergency insurance either!

Some yarns are being spun here. :rolleyes:

Sorry if I seem cynical, but as being in the industry 13 years, I feel there is something not right here.

I remember a few years ago, my son's Orange phone got stolen, and I phoned them up just to let them know and cancel the SIM (it wasn't insured). They offered to send him a reconditioned phone the next day, provided I took out insurance there and then - seemed like a good deal to me, so I did it. Phone arrived with son on the following day as promised. Personally, I think that was pretty good service.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    It seems everyone has had different experiences with orange then, mine have been bad but then no network is perfect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    It's funny... the only network which doesnt get such regular slating is TMobile!

I joined Orange in December and have regretted it. I bought a Blackberry 8320 which has wifi functionality, but does it work? NO

In addition, my phone buyback credit hasnt appeared yet, the data packages are AWFUL (the retail store actually admitted mis-selling me the phone and have paid for 12months blackberry service) and if any other probs arise, the stores are so poorly staffed it takes an age to get anything done

I'm in the process of extricating myself from my contract - a phone that doesnt do what I was told it would.
  • RicardodaforceRicardodaforce Posts: 8,576
    Forum Member
    If the wi-fi doesn't work why wasn't the phone exchanged for one that does work in the first 28 days?
    Forum Member
    If the wi-fi doesn't work why wasn't the phone exchanged for one that does work in the first 28 days?

Because

a) it worked initially
    b ) I've been abroad for nearly 2months. This is why I bought the phone - wifi access to web and email when I really need it

Add to this the fact that an Orange rep suggested I just buy a local sim rather than make international calls and rotten rates.... however, the phone is completely locked down = no mobile access

Paints a further picture of Orange staff not knowing what they're talking about (apart from yourself I'd say)
    Forum Member
    btw.... any news on the orange data package refresh?
    Forum Member
    btw.... any news on the orange data package refresh?

I'm on annual leave, but know the info in on the intranet. It'll all be public knowledge next week!
  • skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    It's funny... the only network which doesnt get such regular slating is TMobile!

We try our best. By no means are we perfect but we are striving to achieve it :)
    Forum Member
    Because

a) it worked initially
    b ) I've been abroad for nearly 2months. This is why I bought the phone - wifi access to web and email when I really need it

Add to this the fact that an Orange rep suggested I just buy a local sim rather than make international calls and rotten rates.... however, the phone is completely locked down = no mobile access

Paints a further picture of Orange staff not knowing what they're talking about (apart from yourself I'd say)

You're right, that service is crap. We all know Orange phones are locked. As is my unused T-Mobile GPS-enabled Curve. Maybe I'll give it another go some day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With regards to the Orange tarrif refresh our new tarrifs go live on Saturday. The £180 Credit Offer, the Sony PSP, the Nintendo Wii, the iPod Nano offers all come to a close at the end of business tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    Lawe13 wrote: »
    With regards to the Orange tarrif refresh our new tarrifs go live on Saturday. The £180 Credit Offer, the Sony PSP, the Nintendo Wii, the iPod Nano offers all come to a close at the end of business tomorrow.

You probably cant say, but do they even come close to being as competitive as TMobile or O2? They both offer 'unlimited' browsing but with a fair usage cap of around 200meg per month i believe - this for 5-10 quid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There will be an Unlimited (256mb FUP) bundle on the New Multimedia Dolphin package. It will be £40 per month, 750 Mins, Unlimited Texts and Bebo Extra.

It will also be available on other plans too as a £5 bundle.