Options

one direction.best live award?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But as I said, record sales don't mean as much in the scheme of things these days so live tours are taken into account.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,992
    Forum Member
    But as I said, record sales don't mean as much in the scheme of things these days so live tours are taken into account.

Just one of those things, people disagree, I'd put more worth on Adele's impact on the music industry as a whole (in terms of sales) than One Direction's tour which didn't even reach the top 25 grossing tours of 2012
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just one of those things, people disagree, I'd put more worth on Adele's impact on the music industry as a whole (in terms of sales) than One Direction's tour which didn't even reach the top 25 grossing tours of 2012[/QUOTE]

That's because their tickets face value sell at a lot less than the big selling acts like Springsteen and Stones. They were first in sales for merchandise which figures I suppose as they are a boyband.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just one of those things, people disagree, I'd put more worth on Adele's impact on the music industry as a whole (in terms of sales) than One Direction's tour which didn't even reach the top 25 grossing tours of 2012

What about the Take Me Home Tour 2013?
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,992
    Forum Member
    The Brit was for 2012, which is what I'm referring to, the 2013 tour didn't begin until after the Brits
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Brit was for 2012, which is what I'm referring to, the 2013 tour didn't begin until after the Brits

You can't really compare the up all night tour with the big grossing ones. It was a small stage with small venues. Not a fair comparison.
  • Options
    RussJRussJ Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    OK, so we all know that One Direction are not the best singers on the planet, but they are a lot better now than when they were on the X Factor. But for me it is not what they sound like that matters, but the dream lifestyle they have found for such ordinary lads. I would give anything to be the sixth member of the band! And I am better looking than the five of them combined!

Only one problem, I can't sing!
    :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RussJ wrote: »
    OK, so we all know that One Direction are not the best singers on the planet, but they are a lot better now than when they were on the X Factor. But for me it is not what they sound like that matters, but the dream lifestyle they have found for such ordinary lads. I would give anything to be the sixth member of the band! And I am better looking than the five of them combined!

Better looking than the five of the combined. Not short on modesty are you? Lol. So come on. Post a pic so we can make a decision.
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You'll fit in just fine.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd get in quick if I were you, they might have a vacancy if Louis decides to make a go of playing football instead.....:D :D