Jason Manford sacked from The One Show?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    Perhaps they will get Armstrong and Miller to do it a la their show. Hilarious! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ptd-QyOOUg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Matt Baker would be good, he has already been the understudy quite a few times and the show is Blue Peter for grown ups so he is well used to presenting live t.v.

Granted he is rather busy at the moment with SCD and Countryfile but maybe in the longer term he could juggle his commitments (which is a very painful thing!)
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good job Dave got their Manford Carpool episode out a couple of weeks back as most of it was him prattling on about The One Show!

Maybe they could get Leslie Grantham to front it now. He’s not been caught perving on the interweb has he?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Beeb bosses must be thrilled, they are rid of him now and don't have to pay a severance package.
    He's been a useless presenter, now maybe they could get Matt Baker on longterm after SCD finishes, he's been wonderful at filling in while Manford was on tour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess it's been a bit of torture for him since the story the other week. He must have been wondering if or when the rest of it would come out. He's probrably relieved more than anything now... unless there's even more.

At least it wasn't chat roulette.
  • AngelJeanAngelJean Posts: 4,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never understood why he chose to do the show or why the BBC thought he would be any good at it.

I like him as a comedian. When did he ever have any experience as a presenter that would lead anyone to believe that he could present a nightly (live?) show.

I don't usually watch The One Show but on the occasions I did see him on it, he looked uncomfortable.

I also remember him being on some TV show talking about his upcoming tour (before he agreed to do The One Show) and he explained that he had planned it so that he would be able to go home every couple of days to his family. He stressed how he hated being away from home too long so it seemed an odd choice to do a daily show on top of all his other commitments.

He should stick to what he is good at and put this nonsense behind him. He is better iff without it.
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    Rosi wrote: »
    It should be the Welsh girl who leaves - mind you they are both rubbish! I no longer watch the one show because of these two.

Surely you don't want to bring back Chiles and Bleakely?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason Manford says he hopes his children "never find out" what he's done. In an interview. With The Sun. Good luck with that one, Jason...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AngelJean wrote: »
    I also remember him being on some TV show talking about his upcoming tour (before he agreed to do The One Show) and he explained that he had planned it so that he would be able to go home every couple of days to his family. He stressed how he hated being away from home too long so it seemed an odd choice to do a daily show on top of all his other commitments.
    Oh, the irony!
  • MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're just talking about this on This Morning and how he was skyping 12 girls whilst sitting in hotel rooms being lonely!!!
    I bet he would have got away with it had he not been doing The One Show most nights!!!

I can understand why John Bishop and Peter Kay say they like to go home every night (if they can) after their gigs!
  • silver mistresssilver mistress Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    No we dont want them back. Never liked Mr Manford . Always harping on about having twins...Colleen Nolan goes on less about her ex Shane Richie.
    His wifes only a month away from giving birth to his latest stand-up material, isnt she? Shameful behaviour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    Used to like him as a comedian, and thought he was a genuinely nice guy. Not any more, what an idiot, did he really think nobody would find out about this? I feel for his wife; didn't know she was pregnant, so that's added stress she doesn't need!
  • Sierra-OscarSierra-Oscar Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame because I did like him but... meh.

It's always Alex who struck me as being out in the wrong place, I don't think she likes Jason and seemed a Christine wannabe.
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    I know lots of people who watch the one show and there aged between 17 - 22.

What an idiot he is.
  • floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    Being a One Show presenter must be such a boring job if he has to have net sex to keep himself occupied. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Manford is an averagely funny guy, but clearly out of his comfort zone as a TV presenter. I can understand the BBC mindset: get a comedian in who can inject a few laughs (Bleakely is basically a cardboard cutout and Jones is the same).

Unfortunately he didn't seem relaxed to me, not exactly uncomfortable, just not at ease performing the role of anchor. Now I don't like Evans (as a person) that much, but you've got to give him credit for his chilled attitude and the ease in which he injects banter into everything he does.
  • katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must be one of the few who like Jason on the One Show, so I'm sorry to see him leave. However, feel sorry for his wife and kids, more than him tbh. What an idiot. 12 girls!? And he didn't think it would become public knowledge? Silly man.

I agree that Chris is excellent on Fridays, but I also agree that I can't seen him giving up the Radio 2 since I think he genuinely does love doing the Breakfast Show.

The could get someone new, but with Matt tried and tested, and doing a fine job I'm not seeing any real reason not to give Matt the gig unless his Countryfile job clashes.

No to a Adrian, not that I think he would ever come back.
  • floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    "A BBC source said: “Jason has fallen on his sword but it would have been very difficult to keep him anyway. He was severely warned after the news broke about Debra and these new revelations would have been the final straw. This will affect his TV career – he is no longer a wholesome funnyman but will be seen as being a bit seedy.

“All we care about now is moving on and finding a new presenter for the show.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/11/19/jason-manford-forced-to-quit-the-one-show-after-admitting-twitter-sex-messages-with-a-dozen-girls-115875-22724391/

"And now on BBC 1 and BBC HD it's The Seedy Show presented by Vernon 'I wish Tess never found out' Kay and Jason 'text shagger' Manford. ;)
    Forum Member
    Here's a timeline for yesterday

Thanks to @theboylatch

Manford timeline: Does story through PR, speaks to #BBC who say he can't continue, so he goes back to Sun to say he has quit. #jasonmanford

Chris Evans did the show last night as Manford "wasn't going to be in the right frame of mind", say BBC sources. #jasonmaford #oneshow #bbc

Seems temporary presenters will take over while they seek a replacement as happened last summer when Chiles left. #jasonmaford #oneshow #bbc

BBC sources say Manford "has NOT been blacklisted" by the Corporation. #jasonmaford #oneshow #bbc

The source adds they will not neccesarily be forced to seek a safe replacement in Baker, Hollins or Allwright. #jasonmaford #oneshow #bbc
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it a career killer, though?
  • VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »
    Is it a career killer, though?

A prolonged period of heckling beckons at his live shows I'd wager.

Although to be honest, I'd be surprised if you could hear anyone heckling in your average Manford audience for the noise of the butterscotch wrappers being unwrapped.
  • Barney06Barney06 Posts: 123,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just don't understand the calls for Matt Baker to take over the show , I find him bland and insipid the same for Chris Hollins.

Looks like The BBC is going down the bland, boring , safe route these days with presenters with little or no personality.
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'd like to see Richard Madeley present a couple, seriously I quite like him on Radio 2 :o
    Forum Member
    Apparently he was told he couldn't continue and was quite supirsed at the fact.