Options

Channel 5 picks up Helix

Comments

• Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^ To be fair to Hero Guy, when he shot her she was actually attacking, having clearly lost her mind, and there was no other way to stop her.

My rule of thumb is that it takes around 4 episodes for the writers and cast to settle in, and for the set-up to be over and the actual nature of the show to become apparent. At the moment they seem to be racing through the disease plotline pretty quickly.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BTW me calling the characters by description rather than name is a habit I got into when watching Falling Skies

It's just that at the moment I don't think any of the characters are interesting enough to be called by their proper names
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed this week's episode, for the first time. I got interested in the plot. It was said at the start that the base wanted the hero's ex-wife and not the hero, and now that's starting to develop. It helps that I've accepted the CDC people are totally clueless, and now discount all their opinions.
  • Options
    CatsRuleCatsRule Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    I think I am enjoying this, well still watching for now :D

Wonder how Dr Walker has been there before when she was a child.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    I did all of the episodes currently sat on my Sky box back to back last night, I liked it! I think wading in with all shown so far in one hit helped.

Something a bit different, which is always nice.
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did all of the episodes currently sat on my Sky box back to back last night, I liked it! I think wading in with all shown so far in one hit helped.

Something a bit different, which is always nice.

I watched 2 episodes over the weekend (outta curiosity) & quite enjoyed em! :) ... I don't usually watch sci-fi but like ya said ... "a change from the norm is always good!" :) ... gonna definitely keep watching! :cool:
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    I'm never going to be able to unsee that rat crawling out of that dead woman's mouth am I? SMH.:(
  • Options
    Durham ViperDurham Viper Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder if Channel 5 are looking to dump Helix as they are moving it to a midnight broadcast from next week
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder if Channel 5 are looking to dump Helix as they are moving it to a midnight broadcast from next week

Well, ep1 got 1.6 million viewers, ep2 got 1.15 million so it's sinking...
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is what puts many of watching US TV now. :(
    Best to just download shows and watch when you like.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Doesn't bode well does it???

If it was just for one week because of some major event then it would perhaps be acceptable but it's being replaced by "documentaries" about hoarding and car crime
  • Options
    AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really wanted to enjoy this show more than I am but I feel its going quite slow. The CDC people don't seem to know much and everyone from the base seems to have a hidden agenda. Also, Billy Campbell's whispering voice is a bit annoying in my opinion.

I am going to stick with it but have a feeling it may be cancelled or Channel 5 will not show season two and the first season won't answer all my questions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    AngiBear wrote: »
    I am going to stick with it but have a feeling it may be cancelled or Channel 5 will not show season two and the first season won't answer all my questions.

I can see C5 shunting the show to 5* or 5 USA

As for Season 2 that hasn't even been ordered yet and given that the most recent episode shown in the States only got 1.3 mil viewers it probably won't be
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I can see C5 shunting the show to 5* or 5 USA

As for Season 2 that hasn't even been ordered yet and given that the most recent episode shown in the States only got 1.3 mil viewers it probably won't be

Be silly if they do as I would then have some in HD and then not.
    I have not watched for this reason will have to see how it goes then might just delete the hole lot if they move over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't bode well does it???

If it was just for one week because of some major event then it would perhaps be acceptable but it's being replaced by "documentaries" about hoarding and car crime

Channel 5 seems to be dumping all their US catalogue ATM! :(

(Were the UK ratings really that bad to warrant helix getting replaced with meaningless time-slot filler?) :cry:
  • Options
    PerfectMarkPerfectMark Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    I personally think it was on too late, unless you are a student, watching tv til 11 is too late when you have work the next day.
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    I've been enjoying this (kinda) then switching over to Pick to catch Battlestar Galactica. Both slow burn shows that require some concentration. Shame about it been rescheduled, doesn't bode well at all.
  • Options
    naveennaveen Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now that C5 have moved this to midnight you have to wonder how long it is before it's shunted to one of their other channels
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Channel 5 seems to be dumping all their US catalogue ATM! :(

(Were the UK ratings really that bad to warrant helix getting replaced with meaningless time-slot filler?) :cry:

I'd imagine they'll keep the Big Three ie CSI, NCIS and The Mentalist though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    naveen wrote: »
    Now that C5 have moved this to midnight you have to wonder how long it is before it's shunted to one of their other channels

Sooner rather than later because according to the tv listings, Helix is notbeing broadcast on the following week, the 24 Feb 2014! Have complained and made comments on Demand 5 website but they can't take the criticism and keep removing my comments, so I'm not happy. All well as I can watch yet anothercooking/reality / big brother cr*p then I can vegetate and become a tv zombie instead of actually watching a proper drama! Damn you Channel 5!>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So time to just delete of planner and download I guess.
    I guess I can see if I like this first.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Of course. The big three still pull in big audiences, even the repeats, which in turn equates to decent advertising revenue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So time to just delete of planner and download I guess.
    I guess I can see if I like this first.

The way channel5 treat US shows ya better off just downloading via P2P sites ... atleast you won't have 2 wait years & years for em 2 be aired! & they'll be in HD! :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Of course. The big three still pull in big audiences, even the repeats, which in turn equates to decent advertising revenue.

Does anyone know when the latest season of CSI:Vegas is gonna air on Five? :confused:

(The CSI franchise is literally on its deathbed so channel5 probably won't have 2 worry about renewing the rights in future!) :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the latest season of CSI:Vegas is gonna air on Five? :confused:

(The CSI franchise is literally on its deathbed so channel5 probably won't have 2 worry about renewing the rights in future!) :cry:

Nothing set in stone as yet but I reckon sometime in March, going off previous years... I would've expected marketing to be in overdrive by now if it was to appear in Feb:
    http://www.geektown.co.uk/uk-air-dates/

Interesting C5 info:
    http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/08/acquisitions-roundup-channel-5-picks-up-uk-rights-to-csi-season-14-the-mentalist-season-6-more/

I wouldn't say CSI:Vegas is on it's deathbed but I can't see them dragging it out much longer. Still around 10 million viewers in the US, with the odd dip and spike. It's been that way for the past few seasons and still been renewed.