Options

Singers Lacking In Material

nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I couldn't believe that almost all the singing acts tonight reprised something they had already done: Bars & Melody, Collabro and Jack Pack all repeated their 1st audition song.

Surely they could have stepped it up for the final and done something new. The other acts played new material (Lettice), made up new impressions (Jon Clegg), did a different trick (Darcey Oak) so would appear to have much more versatility than the singers.

Comments

• Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    How many songs have been written? Seems only a couple. Feeling Good. Nessun Dorma,....arghhhh if i hear these songs one more time!.
    People have heard of other songs you know, think the producers think the audience are so dumb they will only like these songs.
    Suprised lucy didnt go for Time to say Goodbye..!
  • Options
    notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree....collabro chose the wrong song, believing that their first audition song was the best, it wasn't....they were lucky to get away with this. B&M are too young and inexperienced to know exactly what they should be singing, so again played it safe.
    Lucy also chose the wrong song and JackPack played it safe. Lettice lost her audience when she randomly started to sing . Out of all the acts tonight I hope Lucy makes it, Collabro are very slick, they are all trained musicians so having only collaborated with each other a month before the competition makes no difference...they should know how to work within an ensemble...let's hope egos don't get in the way.
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,633
    Forum Member
    I think the problem here is that some of the acts might have been "advised" what to sing. Or should that be, they were told what to sing.

The acts that just recreate one of their previous performances always have the words One Trick Pony written across their face.

That's why I liked James Smith tonight singing Try A Little Tenderness. He hadn't performed that song prior to tonight on BGT (that was televised at least?) I don't care that he finished 6th overall, he was my fave act tonight.