Options

What happened to 'YOU DECIDE'?

puddytatpuddytat Posts: 6,351
Forum Member
Sorry, I must have misunderstood the fundamental principle of the game - the public decides who goes, and therefore who stays. I didn't realise the housemates decide. I' m so thick, I thought I would have some say in the outcome. Why not just let the housemates pick who they want to win? Save us all a lot of phone calls..My mistake. I'm walking away from the series now, had enough. You decide? I don't think so. :mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Options
    JanieBJanieB Posts: 3,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brain is not in full working order this morning but I am sure in previous series, HMs have been given passes or rights to be at the final night.

Anyway, the whole caboodle is finishing on the 24th and what comes afterwards will be just like another version of CBB, so if you have stuck with it up to this moment you have done well love. :D
  • Options
    squiggle1012squiggle1012 Posts: 8,801
    Forum Member
    We do decide.

The housemates decide whos up and who they dont want. we decide who to throw out.
    This is no different. Housemates have decided who they want to keep, we choose who to throw out.
  • Options
    asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    i havent enjoyed the save and replace aspect either - another fiddle to manipulate the result if you ask me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the BB producers waited till they knew the outcome of the 'golden ticket' before announcing the 'way' the final voting would be worded.

'Vote to win' would have seen Steve outa here - Vote to evict will probably keep him in for the final. :mad: :mad:

The GBP has not had chance to vote out the deadwood this year - I wonder why?

Granddad
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    puddytat wrote: »
    Sorry, I must have misunderstood the fundamental principle of the game - the public decides who goes, and therefore who stays. I didn't realise the housemates decide. I' m so thick, I thought I would have some say in the outcome. Why not just let the housemates pick who they want to win? Save us all a lot of phone calls..My mistake. I'm walking away from the series now, had enough. You decide? I don't think so. :mad::mad::mad:

It hardly makes any difference whatsoever to the outcome.....they picked Josie to miss out on ONE eviction.

Are you saying that had they not picked Josie.....had they not played that twist out at all.....that we, the voters, would have voted Josie out this week?

Not a chance would she have gone..........none whatsoever.

So apart from a few votes thrown her way, and the fact that those voters might look to throw their votes another way, I really dont think the twist is that detrimental to us at home.

Sam knew picking Josie would not change the outcome.....thats why he urged them to go for it. He isnt daft.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I wonder if the BB producers waited till they knew the outcome of the 'golden ticket' before announcing the 'way' the final voting would be worded.

'Vote to win' would have seen Steve outa here - Vote to evict will probably keep him in for the final. :mad: :mad:

The GBP has not had chance to vote out the deadwood this year - I wonder why?

Granddad

It's posts like this that give PEJ and George Lamb all the ammunition they need to suggest we're all a bunch of paranoid nutters.
  • Options
    mrsdidimrsdidi Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I ask the OP a question, is it because of who the housemates have chosen that you are so cross? If they had chosen someone else would you "walk away"?

The public dont decide the HM decide who to nominate and we can choose from them, if the public truly decided everyone would be up for eviction every week, and as for the wording of the vote the last eviction is always vote to evict its only the final that is vote to win, as they only have 4 days after the next evicton giving the free pass then would be a bit pointless in terms of eliciting a response from the other HM's which is what this is designed to do and if they had given the pass then still had nominations Josie wouldnt have been able to be nominated or nominate then you would have people complaining about that
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They might as well end this farce now, just give Josie the prize now and let her and JJ get on with negotiating their magazine deals. You don't need a crystal ball or psycic powers to see the future here. We will be able to pay to read about what the mags, tabloids and them agree went on under the duvet, their holidays, their outings to premiers and parties, their breakups, and broken hearts, their making up again, and then their final split, which will come once the interest dies down. They will try and do it all with a straight face, lining their pockets with the money they take from gullible people who have bought into their lies.

For the more mature and switched on viewer it is an insult to our intelligence, but for the young it will all be real and they will be rushing out to buy the mags to read about it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrsdidi wrote: »
    Can I ask the OP a question, is it because of who the housemates have chosen that you are so cross? If they had chosen someone else would you "walk away"?

The public dont decide the HM decide who to nominate and we can choose from them, if the public truly decided everyone would be up for eviction every week, and as for the wording of the vote the last eviction is always vote to evict its only the final that is vote to win, as they only have 4 days after the next evicton giving the free pass then would be a bit pointless in terms of eliciting a response from the other HM's which is what this is designed to do and if they had given the pass then still had nominations Josie wouldnt have been able to be nominated or nominate then you would have people complaining about that

Totally agree. The OP sounds as if he or she has never seen BB before. We decide which contestant out of those chosen by the housemates to evict. BB has never been a straight weekly popularity contest. I remember reading somewhere that one series (something like series 1 in Spain) the housemates got together and agreed that every week they would arrange nominations so that they all got exactly the same number, and were all up every time. Surely people can see that this removes a huge source of conflict and interest from the series?

The problem with Save and Replace, which asp746 doesn't like, is that really it is in the wrong series. It is obvious it was introduced because of the first half nominations last year, in which every week was Freddie versus a sacrificial lamb. Which would have been fine if Freddie had been equally unpopular outside the house, but he was perhaps unique over 11 series in being so very unpopular inside the house and so very popular outside it. Save and Replace would rapidly have changed the balance of power in BB10. In BB11 all it has done is introduce an element of randomness, though as a matter of fact I don't think anyone very valuable has gone because of it. It was hard on Rachael, but my eyes could not have been dryer when Nathan went.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 116,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    JanieB wrote: »
    Brain is not in full working order this morning but I am sure in previous series, HMs have been given passes or rights to be at the final night.

Jennie BB7 won a pass to the final, leaving Imogen & Richard to battle for the final spot. She polled the lowest vote ever in the final.

John BBCH was given a pass to the final on the opening night. He won the whole thing without really having to compete.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Jennie BB7 won a pass to the final, leaving Imogen & Richard to battle for the final spot. She polled the lowest vote ever in the final.

John BBCH was given a pass to the final on the opening night. He won the whole thing without really having to compete.

I kind of agree, but BBCH didn't have all that many evictions (only 6) which he would surely have survived anyway; and when it came to the final week they were all of course on an equal footing. I still think it was a pointless and silly twist which led to a faint but enduring sense of grievance about John's victory.
  • Options
    katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only reason I object to Josie being picked is that we haven't have a chance to vote her out. Everyone has now been up bar Josie and so we really haven't had the opportunity to decide - she may not have gone, probably wouldn't have gone, but who knows?

As it is, she has truely coasted to the final.
  • Options
    Monster101Monster101 Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    josie will win bb11 now.regardless of her ticket to the final she would of won anyway! its the all up vote to evict which has done it! the producers either want her to win, or they are simply thick as dogshit
  • Options
    puddytatpuddytat Posts: 6,351
    Forum Member
    I am disgusted that Josie sails through to the final. I really didn't want a duvet to win this year. She's hardly been entertaining! I've had to switch off more often than not when she's on, just can't watch her, and there's no way she deserves to be in the final.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a Sam fan I'm thrilled Josie is in the final. We don't need to split our vote between her and him, John James gets them all!!
  • Options
    FluffyMuffyFluffyMuffy Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    In BB11 all it has done is introduce an element of randomness, though as a matter of fact I don't think anyone very valuable has gone because of it. It was hard on Rachael, but my eyes could not have been dryer when Nathan went.[/QUOTE]

:D Mine were slightly damp through PMSL
  • Options
    john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katkim wrote: »
    The only reason I object to Josie being picked is that we haven't have a chance to vote her out. Everyone has now been up bar Josie and so we really haven't had the opportunity to decide - she may not have gone, probably wouldn't have gone, but who knows?

I wonder if she's the only BB finalist never to have faced the public vote?
  • Options
    TogglerToggler Posts: 4,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paralax wrote: »
    They might as well end this farce now, just give Josie the prize now and let her and JJ get on with negotiating their magazine deals. You don't need a crystal ball or psycic powers to see the future here. We will be able to pay to read about what the mags, tabloids and them agree went on under the duvet, their holidays, their outings to premiers and parties, their breakups, and broken hearts, their making up again, and then their final split, which will come once the interest dies down. They will try and do it all with a straight face, lining their pockets with the money they take from gullible people who have bought into their lies.

For the more mature and switched on viewer it is an insult to our intelligence, but for the young it will all be real and they will be rushing out to buy the mags to read about it.

Couldn't agree more - a farce :mad:
  • Options
    fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why it was done TBH. It was a major damp sqid, devoid of any entertainment factor despite the hype :confused:

If they were going to do it at all...and i personaly don't like the idea of a free pass, i would have liked to have seen them do some kind of task for it..that may have been mildly entertainting.

I would have liked to see a bit more hard ship and effort from the HM's, call me a sadist but i'm interested in how they react to limited food and having really challenging tasks to gain the food. The reaction to Josie for example within the house would have been quite different I think.
    Not being able to sleep at will, not being allowed to speak so openly and constantly about nominations, being able to seclude themselves for the most part out of sight and earshot under a duvet etc The dicatation to BB from the HM's, just isn't to me BB.
    Whilst I appreciate being in the BB house is a stress, beyond that there has been very little test to the HM's and Josie will have coasted to the final quite literaly having done bugger all. Maybe BB thought that by being so easy on them it would bring out the fun and interesting side of HM's....to my mind it hasn't happened.....however as she is one of the favourites it must be said that this is what BB viewers want to see.
    The only time she would have been in danger was following the Keeva episode.....if she's been tested a bit more I think we would have seen plenty more of that side, as it is she has been able to remain horizontal for 90% of the show. Sad.:cry:
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, and it's quite a contrast to last year. Sophie was up 5 times.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not sure this is a fair criticism. Part of the "game" is avoiding nomination. If a housemate proves very skilful at doing so, do you think BB should engineer a situation where they face eviction?