Options

Do you collect anything?

Comments

• Options
    AidanLunnAidanLunn Posts: 5,320
    Forum Member
    I collect and restore 1950s, 60s and 70s TV sets, mostly valve and black and white.
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fridge Magnets.
  • Options
    QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to import a lot of US and UK albums from Japan because of the different packaging and bonus tracks. I don't bother now as it costs too much money. I still buy a lot of CDs and vinyl records.
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    are those the 'whimsical world' of pocket dragons?

I think (actually I know) I've got one somewhere... can't remember if we had bought it or if it was given to us as a gift but it's still in its original box for the past 20 years or so at my parental home :cool:
    Yes, they are the ones. I have about 40 and some of them are worth quite a lot of money.
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting pebbles. Well they are interesting to me :D with the contrasting colours used as little displays in bowls around my fireplace,
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String.
  • Options
    hellsTinkerbellhellsTinkerbell Posts: 9,871
    Forum Member
    Star wars stuff
    Tonka stuff
    pokemon stuff + cards
    tazo stuff
    various card collections
    and various other toys my kids are done with
    beanie babies
    and the biggest collection of all is the dust they all gather in the loft.
    The beanies were my vice I must admit.
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pin badges,
    Pencil Sharpener Ornaments,
    Old Children's books,
    Stamps (but as someone else said, we don't get so many now),
    Postcards.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I collected all the Olympic 50p coins as well other commemorative 50p coins like the NHS one, the European Union one, the British library and the Roger Bannister 4 minute mile.
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Books (the dead tree kind). I must have at least 400 of 'em- about politics, history, literature,
    science fiction,ghost stories etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Earrings
    yankee candles
    perfumes
    loom bands( i did, but stopped :o)
    mugs/cups( cute picture ones)
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Retro consoles .
  • Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    Yes, they are the ones. I have about 40 and some of them are worth quite a lot of money.
    That sounds nice :cool:

The one that I know we've got is Lollipop, it's still in its original box and tin packaging. I doubt it's worth much at all. Not sure if we have any other pocket dragons, as we have lots of stuff from my childhood that are forgotten about. I'll try to have a look around next time I pop home.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    in work--dust and cobwebs :D
  • Options
    SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    rfonzo wrote: »
    I collected all the Olympic 50p coins as well other commemorative 50p coins like the NHS one, the European Union one, the British library and the Roger Bannister 4 minute mile.

I have accumulated quite a few of these - are the worth anything more than their 50p value?

I do have a few CDs........actually quite a lot of CDs!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Pine cones. I have dozens and dozens of them. :)
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skin disorders.
    Acne, rashes, pimples, boils, pustules, sebacious cysts, warts. I've had the lot
  • Options
    Carlos_dfcCarlos_dfc Posts: 8,262
    Forum Member
    Over the years I've amassed a fair old collection of optical equipment. Though I don't know if it should be classified as a 'collection' as such, because there's such an eclectic mix of items and uses.
    I have about a dozen telescopes (4 of them get used regularly), 20-odd pairs of binoculars, umpteen cameras old and new (probably 50+) - Microscopes, photographic enlargers, 2 sextants, 4 or 5 jewellers' loupes, monocles, rifle sights, an old builder's theodolite.... plus a huge accumulation of lenses and eyepieces, etc..
    My favourite older item is a reflector gunsight, as used on a WWII Hurricane fighter.

Also watches - last time I counted I had 34, but I've added a few more since then.
    Most of them weren't too expensive, mainly 'homage' lookalikes of more expensive models - but I do have a few genuine 'good' ones.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I collect;

- any pretty little toys I especially like the look of, for Christmas tree decorations, ie, in the last year pretty plastic dolls' teaset cups and teapots, tiny doll violins, a small Cinderella carriage and horse, a pink castle, a small rabbit and Hello Kitty stuff

- dolls in national costumes, especially the Dutch (Vollendam) ones, and Spanish flamenco dancer ones - anything with lace, really, or cute German/Austrian/Swiss boy dolls

- retro pictures from the 80s to early 90s, but only if I like the look of them, such as ballet themed ones, but only if a bargain from the 2nd hand markets or charity shops

- retro crockery with things like stagecoaches, thatched inns and cottages, watermills and peasant women carrying pails of water on them - but only if a bargain from charity shops or the 2nd hand markets

- DVDs of all the films and TV programmes I especially have enjoyed watching over my life.

I used to collect Ladybird books and fairy story books, years ago, but I stopped. I also used to collect toy bunnies and had tons, but I had to give them away when I moved home. I also used to collect vintage clothes I liked, but I stopped when it got too expensive a hobby for me.
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old OS maps, DVDs, Medals, books, football programmes (gave most away though), ticket stubs (music concerts/football), used to have around 50 football scarves but gave them to charity along with 120 football shirts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the moment, bars of soap and sponges (pregnancy thing!)
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rocks and minerals.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amber and Fossils

I collect fossils too. I also collect crystals/minerals and random things like fulgurite and desert rose.
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keyrings and some postcards.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to collect Empire magazine, from the first edition until I couldn't afford it anymore - after I got divorced. I eventually passed them on to somebody who was keen to have the whole set.

ETA: That would be July 1989 when Empire first edition came out, my last copy bought was Christmas 2005.