Options

Would a Muslim be comfatable with that.... EE

Hank1234Hank1234 Posts: 3,756
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was surprised ... She was perfectly fine with men stood over her whilst she was giving in the process of giving birth.. Seem's unrealistic:confused:

Comments

• Options
    grangehilllovergrangehilllover Posts: 1,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was her dad and Kush...I doubt she would have wanted to be alone during that
  • Options
    MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It depends. Most old school old fashion Muslim might have a problems compared to more mordern muslims but it really was only mas00d an kush...
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,304
    Forum Member
    It's not like it was filmed so the whole world could see it.
  • Options
    bebo83bebo83 Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Her dad being with her was unrealistic. However, they aren't your average muslim family, so anything goes.
  • Options
    lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it depends how close her family are. IMO it was a female nurse and her dad and husband which would be perfectly acceptable. I doubt religion was in her mind at the time tbh
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lola_skye wrote: »
    I think it depends how close her family are. IMO it was a female nurse and her dad and husband which would be perfectly acceptable. I doubt religion was in her mind at the time tbh

Exactly, some things are far more important in times like that.
  • Options
    NefersitraNefersitra Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given the integral role Kush played in getting Shabnam to this point have any scruples about him being there would be stupid. In theory, he's seen and touched it all.

Seriously though, neither of them were looking "down" and she needed the support so why worry?
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Honestly , surely it would be the least of her worries
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    Exactly, some things are far more important in times like that.

You'd be suprised... A Muslim man let his daughter drown,, Just so she be wouldn't touched by male life guards who were trying to save her
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zainab gave birth to Kamil in the presence of Masood, Tamwar, Syed and Christian, so it could be worse. Though she did complain about it all the way through :p

I really don't think it's particularly strange that anyone, of any religion, would want a parent with them as they go through something so traumatic. She'd probably have preferred her mum to be there, but I think she feared that Kush wouldn't be strong enough to stay with her (and she was almost right) and she didn't want to do it alone.
  • Options
    kingcnutkingcnut Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can you possibly answer what every person of a certain religion would be 'comfatable' with in a horrendous situation?
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would a muslim girl be happy to be pregnant out of wedlock (I don't see EE so don't know how she got pregnant).
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    Would a muslim girl be happy to be pregnant out of wedlock (I don't see EE so don't know how she got pregnant).

traditional birds n bees method
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hank1234 wrote: »
    You'd be suprised... A Muslim man let his daughter drown,, Just so she be wouldn't touched by male life guards who were trying to save her

Muslims come in all stripes, not just the nutty fundamentalist ones.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »

She's been pregnant twice out of wedlock.... Eastenders uses her muslim status when it suits them... She has qualms about going into the Vic but is ok with sleeping with two men....
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's been pregnant twice out of wedlock.... Eastenders uses her muslim status when it suits them... She has qualms about going into the Vic but is ok with sleeping with two men....

Very strange indeed:o
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

some people no matter what religion have skewed morals
  • Options
    eastendersboieastendersboi Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised ... She was perfectly fine with men stood over her whilst she was giving in the process of giving birth.. Seem's unrealistic:confused:

What the hell is your problem, that's was the most perfect flawless episode of a soap I have seen in a very long time, none of the other soaps can compare when eastenders is at the top of its game, like it was tonight. Why try and find fault with an episode that was just perfect.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    You can't tar all Muslims with the same brush. The Masoods are modern and progressive. Did you see the documentary about Muslim drag queens and "Gaysians"? One of them prayed in a nightclub which served alcohol while the other Muslim drag queen was horrified he was praying there. Everyone's different.
    At the end of the day it was Kush and her dad which is fine as far as she was concerned. She was going through something horrific and wanted their support which was more important than anything else.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All religion is fictional anyway - it really annoys me that it still has so much influence in the world - even in Western secular democracies.
  • Options
    NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure I understand the "Muslim" reference here.......

Would ANY girl be ok with their dad in there may have made a better question in my opinion......and my answer would have been NO! Lol..., but then again different fathers and daughters have different relationships.

I don't see what religion had to do with this question.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But then you get extremes in all religions
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her Islam really only pops up if its convenient for a plot in some way. I mean pregnant outside marriage but uppity about the girls drinking at the hen. The hypocrisy is insane.
  • Options
    ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think I would like to see some kind of citation on this story please. Apart from the fact it sounds bonkers that any dad would let his child drown how would he stop them from rescuing her?

How did one man stop lifeguards (you used the plural there) doing their job? I just don't think they would have to ask.

Not calling you a liar or anything but I would like to see some proof please.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ally08 wrote: »
    I think I would like to see some kind of citation on this story please. Apart from the fact it sounds bonkers that any dad would let his child drown how would he stop them from rescuing her?

How did one man stop lifeguards (you used the plural there) doing their job? I just don't think they would have to ask.

Not calling you a liar or anything but I would like to see some proof please.

It was a true story.

Not so long ago there was a thread on General about it.