My Top 5 :D

1. To Hull and Back
    2. Friday the 14th
    3. The Frogs Legacy
    4. The Jolly Boys Outing
    5. Dates
  • sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,016
    Forum Member
    On top of the obvious favourites Jolly Boys Outing, Danger UXD and others already mentioned, I do particularly like the following...

Ashes to Ashes, as they try to dispose of Trig's grandfather's remains - particularly the "Arthur's Ashe's" line :D

Friday the 14th - the fishing trip that ended with a game of snooker with a mad axeman

Sleeping Dogs Lie - the wrong tablets for Albert & Duke...
  • ZeoleZeole Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely love all OFAH episodes, I could probably say their lines before they do for every episode. But they definitely fell in quality towards the end.

A favourite episode is hard to choose, but I would have to say "Happy returns" there are so many genuinely funny lines in that episode.

"I'll tell your mother I asked you to let my tyres down, because I wanted to see how long it would take my brother to pump em back up again"

Del gives the kid 50p, and then this small white boy says "ere mister, what about my brother" Camera pans to small black boy

June: You had a kid brother. Rodney! How is he?
    Del Boy: He's alright. He's just reached that awkward age, you know. He's a bit like a trifle.
    June: What do you mean? All mixed up?
    Del Boy: No, he's thick and fruity.

Del Boy: What are you up to, Mickey?
    Mickey Pearce: I've just come back from evening school. I'm learning aikido.
    Del Boy: Really? Go on then, say something.

Rodney: (about Debbie) I've just met the first girl in my life who really means something to me, and it turns out to be my bloody niece!
    Del Boy: Alright, Rodney. Come on, that's why I had to tell you, you see, 'cos this sort of thing ain't allowed - it's... well, it's incense!

:D genius
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Dates and especially Jolly Boys Outing(the "Everybodies Talkin" montage bringing the cast together is unique) represent particular highlights for me, coming amidst series 6 and 7 which held the nation spellbound.

Also "Little Problems" regarding Rodneys marriage which had the studio audience in tears.

Although a special mention for Time On Their Hands in 1996, the then "final" episode which brought together the highest ever BARB audience of 24.3 million. Surely the greatest tribute to a tv idea.

OFAH is the biggest comedy ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when trigger always calls rodney 'dave'
    and when del wrote rodneys name in his coat when hes going to evening classes always makes me:D
    and when del made rodney a partner in trotters independant traders and rodney said thats great ive got rodney trotter DIC (diploma in computer studies) and TIT(trotters independant traders) after my name:D
  • GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    A touch of glass (is it?) The chandelier one anyway. Brace yourself Rodney. Then it comes crashing down with Del Boy and Rodney still holding the cloth to hold the chandelier. Grandad comes ambling down the stairs looking pleased with himself....did you drop it then? How could we drop it, we weren't even holding it. We were working on this one. You should have said, I was working on that one. Was it valuable? It was bleeding pricless when it was hanging up there.

The timing and everything was spot on.

JBO is good fun. The dinner party beforehand where they are playing Trivial Pursuit and Del Boy has not a clue. Casandra's mum having the hump because her husband is going to Margate.

Others already mentioned like the hang gliding one. The one where they painted the local Chinese take away in British Rail illuminous paint. And many more.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't pick just one so I'll give my top 5.

1. Time On Our Hands
    2. Heros and Villans
    3. Friday the 14th
    4. Stage Fright
    5. Danger UXD

Loved most of the episodes though, they were all funny in some way.
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danger UXD (blow up dolls)

and god bless Walter Sparrow, who played dirty Barry brilliantly (sadly no longer with us).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    I love em all really!

But the "last" three in 1996 are just pure brilliant!

1) Heroes and Villains
    2) Modern Men
    3) Time on Our Hands

When they finally become millonaires, just they way it should have ended, however the real last three weren't that bad I suppose :cool:
  • malspiemalspie Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danger UXD and Yuppie Love. My favourite scene is when Cassandra gives Rodney a lift home from evening class and he pretends he lives in a big posh house, she drops him off there and the residents are looking through the window. Rodney is saying ventriloquist style 'Hi, I'm home.' waves to Cassandra and says, again ventiloquist style 'Please drive away.' SO FUNNY!!
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know the names of the episodes but my favourites are...

1. When Del enters Rodney in the picture competition and they win the holiday.
    2. Blow up dolls...obviously! :p
    3. The one where they all get mixed up with the golden chains and that conman. Boycie and Del sitting together in the resturant spying on him. :)
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the one where Rodney has to pretend to be 14

That one is called "the unlucky winner is.....":)
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love them all but my favourite has to be the one with the singer who couldn't pronounce his 'R's. Cwying, Gween, gween gwass of home etc :D It just makes me cry with laughter every time! Also hilarious when the singer Tony removes his wig, chest hair wig, rolled up socks from his crotch, stacked shoes and shirt so you can see the big brown V where he's put the fake tan on etc. By the end instead of Tom Jones he looks like right dweeb! Love it! :D

It just creases me up every time! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know the names, but I do love the 'Cwying' episode, the one where Rodney has to lie about his age and the one where the canary died.

My favourite is probably the one when Rodney got married. Del, alone, listening to 'Holding Back the Years' after taking a beating for him really touched me.
  • lionsof66lionsof66 Posts: 4,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love all the ones with Roy Slater in :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    The one where Del fell through the bar.

And the one where they're in batman and robin costumes.

The above plus the chandelier:D
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My top 10 in no particular order:

1. Danger UXD
    2. Heroes and Villans
    3. And the Unlucky Winner is....
    4. Chain Gang
    5. Cash and Curry
    6. A Touch of Glass
    7. Dates
    8. Jolly Boys Outing
    9. Time on our Hands
    10. Yuppy Love (mainly because of THAT moment :D)

Honourable mentions - Thicker than Water, The Frogs Legacy, Strained Relations, The Sky's the Limit, Little Problems, Miami Twice and Tea for Three

IMO 1988-1991 and also 1996 were the golden eras of the show

As for worst:

Yesterday never comes
    A Royal Flush
    Christmas Crackers
  • stevejk75stevejk75 Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jolly boys outing for me.It reminds me of how kent used to be.Best episode for me.
  • essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,182
    Forum Member
    To Hull and Back and Healthy Competition I'd say
  • essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,182
    Forum Member
    and worst A Royal Flush easly
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the feature length specials, i.e. To Hull And Back, Dates, Jolly Boys' Outing, Rodney Come Home, Fatal Extraction, etc. but there's not a dud episode in the 1989 series - Yuppy Love, And The Unlucky Winner Is, Little Problems and Danger UXD.

There are hardly any dud episodes overall though - save for the post-1996 stuff. :sleep:
  • Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,596
    Forum Member
    Danger UXD is the best episode, Jolly Boy's Outing is the best Christmas Special.

Never should have made more episodes after the Trioligy.
  • LarocLaroc Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So hard to choose.

When Rodney got married, I cried a few times during that one.
    To Hull and Back
    Danger Uxd
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuppy Love; (the episode where he falls though the bar)

That obviously, but aside from that its 2 well written separate story lines that start together then separate then briefly intertwine but then separate again before finally meeting up at the end with fantastic comedy material throughout and exceptional performances.