Options

Home & Away THREAD (HUGE Spoilers) --- Uncovered! (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    BlueMountainBlueMountain Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Thumbolina wrote: »
    I still don't understand the passion so many people feel for Angelo. He, the actor, must be doing a good job to cause such strong feelings in viewers.

Or a really awful job, like the little guy who plays Ben on Eastenders. He's rather hated and no one could accuse him of doing a good job as an actor.
  • Options
    ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or a really awful job, like the little guy who plays Ben on Eastenders. He's rather hated and no one could accuse him of doing a good job as an actor.

So is it the character "Angelo" who you hate or the actor, Luke Jacobz?

Are you saying that Luke Jacobz is a bad actor?
  • Options
    BlueMountainBlueMountain Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    So is it the character "Angelo" who you hate or the actor,Luke Jacobz?

Are you saying that Luke Jacobz is a bad actor?

Can't stand the character of Angelo and yes I think Luke is a pretty limited actor too.

Awful writing and bad acting combined isn't going to lead to good things.
  • Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still don't understand the passion so many people feel for Angelo. He, the actor, must be doing a good job to cause such strong feelings in viewers.

I like him. As much as you can like a character on a TV show anyway.
  • Options
    ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PamelaL wrote: »

I don't particularly dislike or like him, he's just part of Summer Bay. No better or worse than most of the characters.
    If it's correct that he gets to run the bait shop for Alf it could be fun seeing the interaction between Angelo and Marilyn doing her fortune-telling thing
  • Options
    SuperUnleadedSuperUnleaded Posts: 3,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ughhh, can Dex not say a single line without sarcasm or some silly tone of voice? :sleep: And what's his thing about always making comments about how nice Indi looks - aren't brothers strictly not supposed to do that?
  • Options
    katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    PamelaL wrote: »

I not a big fan of Angelo but I much prefer him to Xavier he's awful either really boring or being sulky and moody!! :mad:
  • Options
    leopard_printleopard_print Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OOOH my goodness, I don't understand poeples dislike of Angelo but I cannot stand even looking at Xavier, the faces that actor pulls are borderline creepy - when he has a sort of grin on his face and is looking up at who he is talking to! Gives me the shudders!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dammit, that girl on YouTube who always put up the Oz pace episodes (monkey09amy) has suddenly closed her account for some reason.

Now I'm going to have to rely on Diwana, and they don't have free leeches. :(
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gives me the shudders!!

Ruby gives me the shudders, but in a good way. :o
  • Options
    Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel is being so annoying about the whole girls/sparring thing >.<

Does anyone know what happens with the Liam and Ruby storyline?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    where can the ruby/liam story go tho? nowhere! this story has ruined her. i dont mind xavier, was quite glad to see him rub april in rubys face a bit.
    does noone think penn is creepy going after a schoolkid in uniform. woopee sids back :yawn: more man trouble for nicole. hope indie decks her.

aww marylin...so great, sad to be reminded she is dying...i hate that! is she going to get with miles, does anyone know?

theyve also ruined rachel too, always whinging, feel so sorry for tony sometimes.
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive not watched H & A for a couple of weeks now as there is not one storyline that Im interested in watching. I keep hoping to read future storylines for something that may make me watch again but there doesn't seem to be anything, which is a shame as I used to enjoy watching H & A :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »
    Ive not watched H & A for a couple of weeks now as there is not one storyline that Im interested in watching. I keep hoping to read future storylines for something that may make me watch again but there doesn't seem to be anything, which is a shame as I used to enjoy watching H & A

You're certainly not missing much. Romeo will likely hook up with Indi, Nicole's gone all bimbo for Penn, Ruby will continue to pester Liam for a bit, and Xavier's scooped up yet another foolish lass who seems to find him interesting (what these girls keep falling for with him is anyone's guess).

The only storyline I'm actually keen on seeing progress is Tony's boxing thing, since I'm a huge boxing fan myself. :D If him and Rachel break up prior to her departure, though, I'll be quite miffed because they've made a good couple so far.
  • Options
    jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I don't get with Home and Away, they won't dare do a Gay storyline, but they will show older men lusting after girls in School Uniforms. Also the younger girls can't seem to function unless they are in a relationship, they dump one guy, move on to the next and so on.

I really think H & A, either needs to move into the 21st century and tell the parental groups to butt out and get some new writers and a new producer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jude007 wrote: »
    That's what I don't get with Home and Away, they won't dare do a Gay storyline, but they will show older men lusting after girls in School Uniforms. Also the younger girls can't seem to function unless they are in a relationship, they dump one guy, move on to the next and so on.

I really think H & A, either needs to move into the 21st century and tell the parental groups to butt out and get some new writers and a new producer.

Well, there was potential with Charlie and Joey, but why they were in such a hurry to get rid of Joey just as things were getting good is beyond me. Ratings would've soared with those 2 hotties getting up to all sorts. :D

And I don't think they've had a gay male since '02-ish, back in the Nick/Jade/Seb/Kirsty days. To memory, not much came out of that storyline, besides Nick being slightly edgy around him as he was staying at Irene's (the name eludes me).
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jude007 wrote: »

That’s one of the reasons Im not bothered about not watching it at the moment are all the stupid relationships, they put a couple together then within a few weeks they split up & move onto the next person it seems no-one ever stays single for more than a week :rolleyes:
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another plot line they never show is a guy/girl relationship where the girl is wanting to move things further and have sex, but the guy wants to take things slowly. It always seems to be the guy waiting patiently for when she's ready, never the other way around. Also it always seems to be a couple are either just holding hands, or bumping uglies, they never anything inbetween, which as all those safe-sex leaflets show, is ..... [dammit, can't think how to end that sentence].
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my god, Indi hit the beach wearing a bikiniin today's Oz-pace episode...

WHAT. A. BODY!!! :eek: *drooling smiley*
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Has Sid's son been recast? Seems to be a different actor to the one I remember. Unfortunately it's a dodgy recast as every line he comes out with he exaggerates.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Has Sid's son been recast? Seems to be a different actor to the one I remember. Unfortunately it's a dodgy recast as every line he comes out with he exaggerates.

Different guy, yeah. And I was starting to think I was the only one who couldn't stand his overacting.

So anyway, for any fellow Indi admirers...

Wow!
    Wow!
    Wow!

;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    why was dex recast? did the actor not want to come back?

was watching the film 'daybreakers' last night...elijah was in it!!

fully grown man walks into school to perve on kid in uniform....again!! at least he got a bit of a row...but then miles had to apologise afterwards??? wtf?
  • Options
    George LGeorge L Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    And I don't think they've had a gay male since '02-ish, back in the Nick/Jade/Seb/Kirsty days. To memory, not much came out of that storyline, besides Nick being slightly edgy around him as he was staying at Irene's (the name eludes me).

You're thinking of Christopher, Pippa's son.
  • Options
    jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Home and Away are not allowed to do "Gay" storylines as the network are to scared of offending all the parental groups out there.

Funny that these "Parental Groups" don't seem to mind all the young girls jumping into bed with older men or that rapists never seem to be punished but go on to become so well loved in Summer Bay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    George L wrote: »
    You're thinking of Christopher, Pippa's son.

I would never have remembered that. :o Thanks.