One Direction set to sell 525-575K in the U.S. this week

iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
Forum Member
✭✭
It's beginning to feel a lot like the holidays, and not just because we're already plowed on eggnog.

Syco/Columbia's One Direction is expected to sell a teenage riot of 525-575k on their way to #1 this week, and while nothing else in the current crop of debuts will put up numbers like that, they're all likely to end up under the tree, in the stocking or appended to a mesh bag of Chanukah gelt.

The Weeknd from XO/Republic is on track to move 95-105k; the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 2 ST from Chop Shop/Atlantic should bite off 85-90k; and the latest fromRCA diva and The Voice star Christina Aguilera is set to rack up 75-80k.

Returning rockers Soundgarden will scare up 70-75k with their Seven Four/Republic comeback disc, whileInterscope's Lana Del Rey is set for 65-70k with her EP.Dos, the second album in Green Day's trilogy (Warner Bros.), will break off 65-70k.

What else? Reprise's Deftones will crank up 60-65k; Syco/Columbia vocalist Susan Boyle is expected to do 35-40k; a set from the late Whitney Houston (RCA) should move similar numbers; The Rolling Stones' greatest-hits-plus set GRRR! (UMe) will likely roll out 27-30k; Aaron Lewis (Blaster/Warner Bros. Nashville) is looking like 18-21k; and Madison Gate's Pentatonix will clear 10-15k.

Speaking of things going in stockings, 26 CIA operatives will spend the next two weeks reading steamy e-mails from craggy, middle-aged generals. They will spend the subsequent two weeks curled up in a fetal position, whimpering softly.

http://hallyu8.com/topic/27018-one-direction-set-for-525-575k-this-week-while-xtina-set-for-75-80k/

Congrats boys :D

Poor Christina though :cry:

Comments

• LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I haven't listened to the album yet but I'm happy that this british act is doing so well.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Well done to them. I wonder about their 2nd single, that seems to be a barrier neither they or The Wanted can make an actual hit yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    Well done to them. I wonder about their 2nd single, that seems to be a barrier neither they or The Wanted can make an actual hit yet.

Little Things won't be their second single in the US. Kiss You will be their second single there :)

http://haribosgirl.tumblr.com/post/35264568801/kiss-you-by-one-direction-shared-from-exfm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Wow! Whilst not a fan it's good to see Brits succeed over there! We should all be proud of home grown successes!
  • CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's quite an achievement. Well done to the lads
  • SavyannahSavyannah Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    I can't see why it's anything to be proud of if anything it's shameful it shows how fake and manipulated the music market is, a group of boys shoved together, manufactured in every conceivable way, who don't write or compose there own music, who have no stage presence, questionable singing talent, who pracitcally use vulnerable influencial teenage girls to buy all there crap just because they are claimed to be "good looking".
    To conclude, yes that's really something to celebrate, well done america on having an armada on easily influenced, brain washed teenage girls.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »

LWWY recently debuted at no3 on the Billboard 100. that will account for something. whilst WMYB peaked at no4.:D
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Savyannah wrote: »
    I can't see why it's anything to be proud of if anything it's shameful it shows how fake and manipulated the music market is, a group of boys shoved together, manufactured in every conceivable way, who don't write or compose there own music, who have no stage presence, questionable singing talent, who pracitcally use vulnerable influencial teenage girls to buy all there crap just because they are claimed to be "good looking".
    To conclude, yes that's really something to celebrate, well done america on having an armada on easily influenced, brain washed teenage girls.

Oh get over yourself! I am a grandmother and love their music. It is sheer happy cheery pop unlike some of the suicidal dirges that are out there right now.

They have co written some of the songs on the album and how much of that I haven't a clue but at least it shows they are interested and some of them can play instruments.

You should have a look at the videos of the USA today show from yesterday and today and then come back and say they can't sing or have no stage presence. They sang LIVE and had bags of energy on stage. Looked great fun to me and it wasn't just teenage girls enjoying the show
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    Oh get over yourself! I am a grandmother and love their music. It is sheer happy cheery pop unlike some of the suicidal dirges that are out there right now.

They have co written some of the songs on the album and how much of that I haven't a clue but at least it shows they are interested and some of them can play instruments.

You should have a look at the videos of the USA today show from yesterday and today and then come back and say they can't sing or have no stage presence. They sang LIVE and had bags of energy on stage. Looked great fun to me and it wasn't just teenage girls enjoying the show

well said. :D:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love One Direction! So glad they're doing well. The song's they got from Ed Sheeran are my favorites; I'm in love with 'moments' and 'little things', but their upbeat numbers are just so cheerful. I do wonder how they come under criticism when they're just doing their own little thing and capitalizing on their success with such uplifting songs that make people happy.
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Not really a fan, infact i think their music is some of the worst produced alongside anything from Aqua and Flo Rida, but congrats to them. But as we probably all know it's going to be the fatcats at Syco who get all the cream
  • LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good for them. Not a fan but their music isn't cheap horrible produced crap. It's just good boyband teen pop. Give me One direction anyday over the likes of Pitbull, Flo Rida, Carly Rae Jepsen etc
  • dar_boydar_boy Posts: 15
    Forum Member

As someone has already said - get over yourself! This has got to be one of the most unnecassarily bitter posts around!

If you don't like the music fair enough, don't like the band - well don't read about them because it obviously gets on your nerves.

Oh and by the way, manufactured bands are way more common than you think - in fact every single artist is manufactured to some degree, no-one 'makes it' without some form of manufacturing.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    They are not exactly my cup of tea but well done to them on their massive success in the States.
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dar_boy wrote: »
    As someone has already said - get over yourself! This has got to be one of the most unnecassarily bitter posts around!

If you don't like the music fair enough, don't like the band - well don't read about them because it obviously gets on your nerves.

Oh and by the way, manufactured bands are way more common than you think - in fact every single artist is manufactured to some degree, no-one 'makes it' without some form of manufacturing.

But its all true :confused:

So why would they need to get over themselves ?

And why shouldn't they post in a discussion forum
    ?

I believe they have a (small) appreciation thread somewhere if you don't like what you read here.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it also shows that even with all the media attention and hype, they can still manage to sell an album so fantastically well
    Forum Member
    But its all true :confused:

So why would they need to get over themselves ?

And why shouldn't they post in a discussion forum
    ?

I believe they have a (small) appreciation thread somewhere if you don't like what you read here.

Finally somebody else who isn't deluded!
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote: »

Same to you dear, clearly you enjoy leering over them to much.
    I have seen them perform once and god help me I swore never to see them ever again in any shape or form!
    Never have my ears and eyes combined witnessed such a travesty of international proportions!
    The song writings dire, it's all just about telling silly little girls what they want to here from them so they buy there music and it makes me want to throw up for the rest of my life!
  • TigerpawsTigerpaws Posts: 11,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dar_boy wrote: »

How is every single artist manufactured? What rubbish.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same to you dear, clearly you enjoy leering over them to much.
    I have seen them perform once and god help me I swore never to see them ever again in any shape or form!
    Never have my ears and eyes combined witnessed such a travesty of international proportions!
    The song writings dire, it's all just about telling silly little girls what they want to here from them so they buy there music and it makes me want to throw up for the rest of my life!

lolz!! poor you. looks like you need to ring nhs direct quick before it's too late for rehydration.:p
  • gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's an achievement that will make the management and record label crack open a bottle of bubbly, the boys probably will celebrate by grabbing an hour of sleep.
    :sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    getty wrote: »
    It's an achievement that will make the management and record label crack open a bottle of bubbly, the boys probably will celebrate by grabbing an hour of sleep.
    :sleep:

... and wake up to view the london property they're buying...

... at 19!!:cool::cool:
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    lolz!! poor you. looks like you need to ring nhs direct quick before it's too late for rehydration.:p

:D:D Whilst I continue to LEER at the boys. Actually did they just call me a pervert Is that slander and against T and C's :eek:
    Forum Member
    abrightyz wrote: »

The only thing am requesting honey is a psychiatrist as you clearly live in cloud cuckoo land!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're such great songwrit-... oh wait, great dancer-... nope, great sing-... nevermind.

Erm, forget it.