Rerun 2012 Opening Ceremony?

Comments

• soopytwistsoopytwist Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Uh? If this is supposed to be Danny Boyle's directors cut why does it still have the inane commentary? I switched off last year because of it and have just done again. Pathetic BBC.
  • davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is awesome, even better than I remember from last year!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving it, again. Have watched bits again from last year and have the DVD - but not watched in full since last year!
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong, the Opening ceremony was amazing but isn't it sad that this is prime viewing on a Saturday night.

I am watching it as i loved it when it happened last year.
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crying again when team GB came out:o
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    I just glanced at the Queen and thought ''I've never seen her hair blowing about before''. Then I realised it was her 'hat'.
  • maltshovelmaltshovel Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I'm just watching this now and got tears in my eyes
  • davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its almost spiritual (and I'm a non believer). Top notch stuff
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    One thing I do remember. Trevor Nelson is a moronic prat.
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maltshovel wrote: »
    I'm just watching this now and got tears in my eyes

I cried so many times!!!

Muhammad Ali appearing got me :cry:

Does anyone have a link to the opening ceremony thread from a year ago?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    I'v re watched the opening ceremony a few times already...nevertheless I found myself watching it again tonight ...Personally I loved the whole shannigans but what struck on the night was the critical response on DS...not that I should have been surprised the doom and gloom mongers were out in force.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'v re watched the opening ceremony a few times already...nevertheless I found myself watching it again tonight ...Personally I loved the whole shannigans but what struck on the night was the critical response on DS...not that I should have been surprised the doom and gloom mongers were out in force.

I was re-reading the DS thread from that night (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1696007) along with the repeat. The number of people who sat through the whole thing just so they could moan and criticise it was amazing.

There is nothing DS-ers like more than moan.
  • ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    I cried so many times!!!

Muhammad Ali appearing got me :cry:

Does anyone have a link to the opening ceremony thread from a year ago?

Here you go: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1696007

Only 196 pages long :D

The actual ceremony starts on page 24 :)
  • candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the commentary was a bad idea and abysmal
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BBC3 has used the worst one out of the three on the BBC Olympic DVD options, I switched over from BBC3 to the BBC Olympic DVD on the no commentary option in 5 mins of that waffle :(
    Forum Member
    I`v been meaning to post this vid for some time...it`s a slightly different take on the Industrial Revolution segment...well worth a watch if only for the end segment where the cue Lady congratulates the performers...actually brought a little tear to my eye

Hidden camera ,point of view video from a volunteer on the field of play...with audio instructions from cue team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZlZZf8MKpM
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It wasn't BBC's finest hour.

It's worth getting the Blu Ray/DVD solely for Danny Boyle's commentary. It gives a lot of interesting background information about how it was all put together.
  • candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ClarkF1 wrote: »

Lol, some of the comments brings it all back.....the good.....and the bad, of which, tragically, there was quite a bit. *Cringe*. Just upset they didn't do a better job of it. It was meant to be a celebration of the olympics, a party atmosphere in honour of the game's history and for the athletes! Not the jingoistic drabness that we got. It was a huge shame. The world did not connect to it. So, it didn't work. Shame.

Edit, I enjoyed some of it. So I'm not totally hating on it. But I don't thats good enough.
  • ff999ff999 Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I`v been meaning to post this vid for some time...it`s a slightly different take on the Industrial Revolution segment...well worth a watch if only for the end segment where the cue Lady congratulates the performers...actually brought a little tear to my eye

Hidden camera ,point of view video from a volunteer on the field of play...with audio instructions from cue team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZlZZf8MKpM
    That was fascinating. I would have loved to have been a part of that.
  • Gutted GirlGutted Girl Posts: 3,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By far the best thing on TV tonight.
    Forum Member
    ClarkF1 wrote: »

Lol just re read the thread upto the end of the Queens Parachute jump....I'd say approximately 90-95% of the posts during the Industrial Revolution segment were negative...laughable looking back now...I wonder if DS finest cynics would ever admit to being a tad rash with their comments...It almost felt like the posters on the night were behaving like sheep...just following the flock of dissenters in order to appear cool
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, some of the comments brings it all back.....the good.....and the bad, of which, tragically, there was quite a bit. *Cringe*. Just upset they didn't do a better job of it. It was meant to be a celebration of the olympics, a party atmosphere in honour of the game's history and for the athletes! Not the jingoistic drabness that we got. It was a huge shame. The world did not connect to it. So, it didn't work. Shame.

Edit, I enjoyed some of it. So I'm not totally hating on it. But I don't thats good enough.

The world press reaction completely disagreed with you
    Forum Member

Ambassador wrote: »
    The world press reaction completely disagreed with you

Candyfloss is quoting negative comments from the opening ceremony thread...I don't think these are his/her views
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh. I see. Haven't had my coffee yet!
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching again last night, I could not see why there were so many moans about the commentary. It was quite restrained most of the time, perhaps a bit too much in the sequence following popular music through from the 1960s but that was not one of the better parts anyway.

What was changed in the 'Director's Cut'? I got the impression some sections had been removed and obviously the arrival of the teams was edited down. Was anything changed to use a better camera angle etc?