Coming soon to Virgin TV

Comments

• Martin1Martin1 Posts: 8,323
    Forum Member
    Is BBC Two HD moving to channel 161 ?
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And when are these coming? Next year is it?
  • Gavin_DGavin_D Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »

Early December for the BBC HD channels I think
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gavin_D wrote: »

Ah cool, thx
  • Gavin_DGavin_D Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Technix wrote: »
    The new BBC HD channels when launched on VM should be on the following EPG numbers:

BBC Three HD - 162
    BBC Four HD - 163
    BBC News HD - 604
    CBBC HD - 710
    CBeebeies HD - 711

The Netflix barker/slate should be on channel 204.

Any news on whether VM and going to do a HD / SD channel swap like sky have done?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we actually going to get NEW channels and not just timeshift and HD channels?
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we actually going to get NEW channels and not just timeshift and HD channels?

Like what?

Bar Sky Atlantic, there isn't much new channels out there.
  • Dave_GosportDave_Gosport Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    I got his reply from Virgin Media on Twitter when I asked about the missing Sky channels (Sky News HD / Sky Sports News HD)

Sorry Dave, we don't have the rights to show these channels on our service at the moment :( ^KT
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got his reply from Virgin Media on Twitter when I asked about the missing Sky channels (Sky News HD / Sky Sports News HD)

Sorry Dave, we don't have the rights to show these channels on our service at the moment :( ^KT

Means nothing, they will say that till the second it goes on the EPG. Infact they were saying it about BT Sport the day it went live.
  • Dave_GosportDave_Gosport Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    ocav wrote: »
    Means nothing, they will say that till the second it goes on the EPG. Infact they were saying it about BT Sport the day it went live.

Ahhh ok.... Well I'll just keep an eye on the EPG then. My guess is that Sky News HD will go on 603?
  • gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahhh ok.... Well I'll just keep an eye on the EPG then. My guess is that Sky News HD will go on 603?

Virgin medias twitter and FB team are about as useful as a chocolate teapot and that's being kind lol.
    Don't listen to anything they tell you as Ocav said they said exactly the same the day before BT Sport arrived on VM.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If Technix is correct, it seems they have left a gap for it!
  • Asian ChannelAsian Channel Posts: 884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky to close sky arts 2 /hd2 and launch sky bravo / hd on sky and Virgin media

Rumour has it sky bravo will also be on pick tv at weekends on freeview
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Source?
  • dj999dj999 Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ocav wrote: »
    Source?

i heard that a while ago, about closing sky arts 2
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dj999 wrote: »

Yeah it's all rumour, but the fact AC put "Breaking News" I'd of thought that he had some facts to bare.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member

Any Idea when?
  • 1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dj999 wrote: »

See also http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=69510138

I've not heard the rumour about Sky Bravo being on Pick TV before but that kind of sounds sounds convincing.
  • OLD BOYOLD BOY Posts: 2,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    The word on the streets is 10 December, but the BBC have only indicated that it will be in 2014.

Latest information I have seen is: http://www.entertainment-iuk.com/2013/10/15/cbbc-hd-and-bbc-three-hd-placeholders-appear/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    1andrew1 wrote: »
    See also http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=69510138

I've not heard the rumour about Sky Bravo being on Pick TV before but that kind of sounds sounds convincing.

I doubt it. The whole reason Pick TV and Challenge don't bare the Sky name is because they don't want the Sky name on Freeview - bar Sky News.
  • nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they are NOT closing Sky Arts 2. I watch that channel a lot. It's the best for classical arts.
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gavin_D wrote: »
    OLD BOY wrote: »
    The word on the streets is 10 December, but the BBC have only indicated that it will be in 2014.

Latest information I have seen is: http://www.entertainment-iuk.com/2013/10/15/cbbc-hd-and-bbc-three-hd-placeholders-appear/

Apparently, there was a VM leaflet that stated 10 December as the start date.
    I hope they are NOT closing Sky Arts 2. I watch that channel a lot. It's the best for classical arts.

Sky will be closing the linear version of Sky Arts 2, but the programming will remain available via VOD.

Discussions are currently taking place with a view to making HD available to more customers on VM.

It is proposed that customers on packs below XL should receive the HD variants of the channels included in their pack. The price currently being mooted is £5 per month.
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was chatting to somebody from True Movies/Christmas earlier. Apparently, they have done a deal with Channel 5 to show some of the Christmas films that they have the rights to.

In addition to Channel 5, True Christmas is available on VM via EPG number 424.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was chatting to somebody from True Movies/Christmas earlier. Apparently, they have done a deal with Channel 5 to show some of the Christmas films that they have the rights to.

In addition to Channel 5, True Christmas is available on VM via EPG number 424.

Personally, If I wanted to watch the christmas films, id watch them on Channel 5 cause its HD. Not sure the need for a deal apart from it sounds like True Movies don't have enough Christmas films to change the name!
  • Sirius CSirius C Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still nothing launching, nothing testing, and loads of speculation.