The Bill (Drama Pace)

Comments

• Options
    PsychoTherapistPsychoTherapist Posts: 2,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JARV wrote: »
    Ah fantastic, cheers, will be good to have the Don Beach saga uncut

Just be aware - the Series 16 set has an episode missing ("In Safe Hands"), which takes place right in the middle of the Don Beech saga. The ongoing Beech storyline is only the B-Plot of the episode however and nothing much develops, but it's still missing nonetheless.

Plus, the DVD sets are not in widescreen, much like the current Drama/Watch airings.
  • Options
    JARVJARV Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I noticed that, thanks, i'll just record and put onto DVD that episode when it hits Watch HD
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So tempted to buy one of The Bill box sets from Amazon. One of the 1998 - 2003 ones.... how big is the box set?! 11 discs.... wow :D it won't fit through my letterbox then!
  • Options
    JARVJARV Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here, tempted to get all 1998, 1999, to go with all 2000 that i've just ordered
  • Options
    Dan_CbbcDan_Cbbc Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So tempted to buy one of The Bill box sets from Amazon. One of the 1998 - 2003 ones.... how big is the box set?! 11 discs.... wow :D it won't fit through my letterbox then!

Go for it, only way to get the lot Uncut. already have Series 15 and 16. dont wether to for 14 next or 17.
  • Options
    welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    The return of Ted Roach thing is a two-parter isn't it??

Yes it is - 'Old Friends' and 'New Enemies'.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I just checked The Bill Wiki, It was filmed as a feature length episode but broadcast as a two-parter

http://thebill.wikia.com/wiki/Old_Enemies

so it is, the 2nd part is called New Friends, thanks. :)
  • Options
    mccanmatmccanmat Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    It doesn't look like we will see the Beech scandal on Drama- next Mondays EPG says something about Morgan dealing with a case...WDC Morgan was killed off in 1994??? So I guess we might be goin back a fair distance...
  • Options
    mccanmatmccanmat Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Looking into it further it must be a error on the epg. There is two episodes called "in safe hands" one from 1993 with Morgan and tosh the other is 2000 which leads into the beech scandal.
    Glad it is a mistake although I wouldn't say no to older episodes featuring Tosh Lines
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mccanmat wrote: »
    Looking into it further it must be a error on the epg. There is two episodes called "in safe hands" one from 1993 with Morgan and tosh the other is 2000 which leads into the beech scandal.
    Glad it is a mistake although I wouldn't say no to older episodes featuring Tosh Lines

Yes three episodes commencing the Beech saga are on this week, so this must be the Beech 'Touch and go'.
  • Options
    BarrymorefanBarrymorefan Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    When did Smithy stop being racist?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When did Smithy stop being racist?

When he started liking this Chinese kid in "Lullaby"
  • Options
    Robbie01Robbie01 Posts: 10,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've not been watching for ages - my recordings started to cut off before the end of episodes which got really annoying so I gave up on the series link
    Yes, my recordings through the series link on my Sky Planner are cutting off with about a minute or so of the programme left. Fortunately (so far) the episode from the next day is starting recording with about two or three minutes of the previous episode still being shown.

I assume it is Drama not setting up the timings correctly and so the episode being braodcast is overrunning on its timings? It's annoying though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    The Bill is being shown on Watch and they're on series 15, just over a year behind Drama pace. They've just shown the original four episode Eddie Santini storyline so when they get to series 16 they'll have Kiss Off parts 1 & 2 (the condensed version of the four original Eddie Santini episodes) then the trial. Hope this helps a bit :)

Excellent thanks :)
  • Options
    Bonesy84Bonesy84 Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    I am sure my recording messed up today otherwise old friends only ran for 35 mins without the ad breaks :o
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The guy caught in possession in the club was Anthony Cotton from Coronation Street
  • Options
    GPWGPW Posts: 3,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think they could bring back The Bill?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GPW wrote: »
    Do you think they could bring back The Bill?

Not the way it was no
  • Options
    GPWGPW Posts: 3,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bonesy84 wrote: »
    Not the way it was no

I must admit, I prefered the older Bill format.
  • Options
    Ken TunKen Tun Posts: 1,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know why the NEW FRIENDS episode shown on Drama today was so short? It ended at 49 minutes on my SKY box including the 3 minutes padding I allow before the start and several commercial breaks. Was it edited for violence perhaps?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ken Tun wrote: »
    Does anyone know why the NEW FRIENDS episode shown on Drama today was so short? It ended at 49 minutes on my SKY box including the 3 minutes padding I allow before the start and several commercial breaks. Was it edited for violence perhaps?

on mine when i took the adverts out it was nearer 35 mins :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GPW wrote: »
    I must admit, I prefered the older Bill format.

Me too currently watching the episodes on drama and ones from 1995
  • Options
    Dan_CbbcDan_Cbbc Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bonesy84 wrote: »
    on mine when i took the adverts out it was nearer 35 mins :o

It's fine don't panic, the running time of the episode on ITV was 40 minutes. hope this helps :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dan_Cbbc wrote: »
    It's fine don't panic, the running time of the episode on ITV was 40 minutes. hope this helps :)

oh i see thanks for the info :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Watching the ones on Watch, Series 15 from 1999, i'm loving it. This week there has been a drugs bust and shooting with a Brazilian guy called Socrates, Smithy calling Luke Ashton a coward for leaving him to face two criminals alone, and todays episode saw Roger Daltrey playing an ex drug addict who shot himself and his daughter.

Watching it back, the bill really did have some quality storylines and it was written well. I'm hooked now and will be recording it everyday :blush::D