Amanda to Alesha on Nico and Paddy - "OMG I'm so glad that's over..."

Zayna99Zayna99 Posts: 538
Forum Member
✭✭
Why did she say that? I can't link a clip but as the judges are standing to applaud, that's what she said. Relief that Paddy is better and happy she got through her routine?

Comments

• wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most likely yes.
  • hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The judges are told by the producers to praise certain acts on screen. It's part of the script and the more praise the producers/Simon's favourite act gets the more votes it will get.

The judges couldn't give a toss about the welfare of an act as it's all about how much they get paid. If Paddy was to die on stage they would pretend to be sad for the camera's because they are getting paid to do so.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zayna99 wrote: »
    Relief that Paddy is better and happy she got through her routine?

Most likely, yes.

Obviously there will be many people coming along to tell you it's because she's an evil witch and was being evil and witchy, but considering they're her golden buzzer act, she's probably relieved Paddy came through it without further injury.
    hmeister wrote: »
    It's part of the non-existent script ..

There you go ;)
  • wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There isn't anything unusual about the quote. Whats perhaps is more interesting is why the OP felt the need to start a thread on the quote.
  • Zayna99Zayna99 Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I started the thread to see if anyone else had noticed her saying it, I normally like Amanda but I didn't really like that remark at all. I would not have wished to be caught on camera saying it.
  • teenage-monkeyteenage-monkey Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You didn't like a remark for Amanda showing her concern for Paddy? It couldn't be anything more than her looking out for her welfare.
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You didn't like a remark for Amanda showing her concern for Paddy? It couldn't be anything more than her looking out for her welfare.

I would have interpreted it in the same way. My nerves were a bit on edge watching, some of those lifts were very shaky :o