Big Kahuna Bundles

13»

Comments

• Bandspread199Bandspread199 Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a confirmation e-mail today. Upgraded BB to 152 Mb/s,but phone and tv still the same (ie Talk weekends).
    Old deal £75+odds per month
    New deal £64.99 per month including line rental.

So I'll accept that!:)
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was worried too about switching my V+ box for a TiVo on the basis that there seems to be a lot more things that can go wrong but after a couple of months using it I love it and would not go back. You can always switch off suggestions. I leave it on but as I am borderline OCD I delete 95% of its suggestions just in case anyone should think I would watch Two and a Half Men:)

I've had Tivo for a few weeks now and while it does have a few annoyances and it takes some getting used to, overall it is still a good upgrade from the HD+ box. I wouldn't go back either.
  • Gogs_ScobieGogs_Scobie Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Got the sports deal but.....No sky sports in HD tut.
  • Leathertrouser2Leathertrouser2 Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    I have had Tivo since Virgin launched it in April 2011 and I assure you Sky would quake in their boots if every house could receive it. Tivo is far superior to Sky not to mention you don't have to use your own internet connection to use stuff on it which if any Sky user on here can explain, if you can get Virgin, why the hell haven't you switched? Even the small things like never having to worry about some heavy rain.

Nothings perfect however I happily recommend Virgin Tivo and internet to people. I don't get the obbession with Sky Atlantic either, I don't watch anything like that and the same with that new ITV channel which made me brain fart a little. Did Sky and ITV think that somehow that would bulster it's uptake.

"Hi, yes I want Sky.....Wonderful sir, you beat the other you get some ITV channel EXCLUSIVLEY".
  • Fletch10Fletch10 Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    Got the sports deal but.....No sky sports in HD tut.

What sports deal are you referring too?

You have to pay for the additional HD package for the Sky Sports channels in HD, currently it's only 1&2 but in the very near future 3,4,5,F1 and news will be added.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know how much the full monty would be on the Big Kahuna deal?
  • Ernie_CErnie_C Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know how much the full monty would be on the Big Kahuna deal?

Not sure what you mean.

The Big Kahuna is a bundle with a particular set of services.

Presumeably you want more than that but fail to say what.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not rocket science mate I meant highest speed broadband, phone line and XL tv with sports and movies.
  • Ernie_CErnie_C Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not rocket science mate I meant highest speed broadband, phone line and XL tv with sports and movies.

Still unclear. Attitude.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,503
    Forum Member
    Ernie_C wrote: »
    Attitude.

Pot, meet kettle. :D
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,025
    Forum Member

The Big Kahuna bundle already includes the top broadband package, I do not know how much it costs
    to have the top phone package as well

Why not speak to Virgin Retentions to find out?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ernie_C wrote: »
    Still unclear. Attitude.

Full Monty means everything does it not?
  • Fletch10Fletch10 Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    The Big Kahuna bundle already includes the top broadband package, I do not know how much it costs
    to have the top phone package as well

Why not speak to Virgin Retentions to find out?

You can get the Big Daddy bundle to have the top phone package as well, just click the options on the website.
  • rufus oculusrufus oculus Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    I have the Big Kahuna bundle of top speed BB, land phone line and XL TV. In addition I subscribe to the sports and movie channels. I get all this for £100 pm which I think is what the previous poster asked.
    Forum Member
    The £100 pm includes the line rental for the phone and the use of a 500 gb TIVO box.
  • stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    The £100 pm includes the line rental for the phone and the use of a 500 gb TIVO box.

do you have a second box though?

I rang through to virgin and they wouldn't move me to big daddy (I wanted the 1tb box).

im still £120.

if you have switched and get a second box...I'd be interested to know.
    Forum Member
    No. I did not want a second box so after taking the Big Kahuna bundle I swapped my V+ HD box for the TiVO. It made sense to get the bundle as my BB went up to 152mb from 20mb and I got a TIVO for less money than I was paying on my previous package.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the Big Kahuna bundle of top speed BB, land phone line and XL TV. In addition I subscribe to the sports and movie channels. I get all this for £100 pm which I think is what the previous poster asked.

Cheers mate that is exactly what I was asking.