• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No they don't coo
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Empirical wrote: »
    ...since you dont know which car is the powered one easily you would still be effected ~33% of the time.
    He wouldn't be affected full-stop. It doesn't happen.
  • EmpiricalEmpirical Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Slipstreem wrote: »
    He wouldn't be affected full-stop. It doesn't happen.

:confused: Thats kind of the point. Read the thread and it will bring it into context. :)
  • Mike_1101Mike_1101 Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    Trolly buses/trams went out of favour against the motor bus as motor bus routes can be switched very easily - no need to rip up/ lay down new tracks or string up new overhead cables.
    I do recall reading a report that even so its been very rare for motor bus routes to actually change much over time :)
    Given the years of traffic chaos we've had in Nottingham with the new tram lines being laid (they have to move all the underground pipes & cables from below the road before actually laying the lines) I do wonder why trams have been touted in so many cities, but not trolly buses?

Well tram lines only need to be laid once (apart from being re-laid every 15-20 years. Don't forget many tram tracks were not removed when the systems closed but just covered with road surface so moving pipes and cables wouldn't be an issue in many cases.

I wonder if trams and trolleybuses would have axed after the oil shock of 1973? Yes, we have had 36 years warning of what's coming and not much has been done to prepare for it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused: Thats kind of the point. Read the thread and it will bring it into context. :)
    I've read the entire thread already. Maybe I missed something. I'll try again. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've read the entire thread already. Maybe I missed something. I'll try again. ;)

Ill sum it up. Perhaps I wasn't clear.

OP believes that the EM field from a electric car effects him but the train doesn't because its built differently or not all the cars are powered.

I was stating in that post you quoted, if his theory was correct he WOULD be effected in a train because he would at some point end up in a powered car by probability.

But since he is never effected then his theory is wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

OP believes that the EM field from a electric car effects him but the train doesn't because its built differently or not all the cars are powered.

I was stating in that post you quoted, if his theory was correct he WOULD be effected in a train because he would at some point end up in a powered car by probability.

I think a similar effect may have affected your spelling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    horns wrote: »
    I think a similar effect may have affected your spelling.

Firefox says all words are correct.
    Google spell checker is non functional at this time.

So that's the best your going to get. Deal with it ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firefox says all words are correct.
    Google spell checker is non functional at this time.

So that's the best your going to get. Deal with it ;)

I suppose technically all the words are correct - they just aren't necessarily the right word. I should have said grammar.

Still, always nice to see pedantry met with more pedantry! :D
    Forum Member

Have there been any health issues with the Toyota Prius or similar Honda?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mike_1101 wrote: »

There hasn't been any known health issues with electric traction motors :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes - despite advances in technology, its still pretty unhealthy to get hit by one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not relating to imaginary effects that can't possibly happen, no.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many people here have a electric car? Does your Lover have one?
    Has anyone else felt the effects of it like i did?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostPigeon wrote: »
    Does your Lover have one?

Good grief.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good grief.

Now I just picture you as Charley Brown. after that unique 'crump' sound when he gets knocked over.
    Forum Member
    Yes - despite advances in technology, its still pretty unhealthy to get hit by one.

I was thinking of electro magnetism!

Being run over by a bus isn't healthy and I suggest you don't try it either!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking of electro magnetism!
    See above.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not relating to imaginary effects that can't possibly happen, no.

There is no evidence of such effects however I don't know precisely why 'it cant possibly happen'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is no evidence of such effects however I don't know precisely why 'it cant possibly happen'.

There are people who maintain that living near high tension power lines has had an impact on them physically - although I'm not sure whether there's any truth in it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because we don't usually have metal in our heads in sufficient quantities for an electric field to be induced. The tiny amount of iron in your blood doesn't count by the way. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are people who maintain that living near high tension power lines has had an impact on them physically - although I'm not sure whether there's any truth in it.

Yeah. I think I understand what slipstreem meant. As in based on evidence this effect is not something that happens.(Is that right Slipstreem?)

However I certainly can see a theoretical mechanism for it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because we don't usually have metal in our heads in sufficient quantities for an electric field to be induced.

I had the Ace of Spades stuck in mine all day the other day - could that have had any effect?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rossall wrote: »

What if the wind's against you? I don't fancy tacking all the way up the M1...