Arrow startson Sky 1 Oct 22nd *UK PACE*

Comments

• brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did John Barrowmans character die or was he just badly injured?
    When Tommy asks, "Did you kill him?", I thought Oliver told him no.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both Wikipedia and the Arrow Wiki say that Malcolm Merlyn is dead but who knows..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrow_(TV_series)#Episodes

http://arrow.wikia.com/wiki/Malcolm_Merlyn
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    When Tommy asks, "Did you kill him?", I thought Oliver told him no.

He did, but I got the impression Ollie did that because he didn't want to tell his dying friend that he'd killed his father.

As to whether Malcolm is an ex-parrot? I guess we wait and see.
  • rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I read that JB couldn't appear in the 50th special of Dr Who because of his filming commitments of Arrow, so I'm guessing he wasn't killed off.

JB has said on numerous occasions that Arrow has nothing to do with him not being in DW, he just wasn't asked to be in it.
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He did, but I got the impression Ollie did that because he didn't want to tell his dying friend that he'd killed his father.

Could lead to an interesting situation if Tommy survived only to find out he's been lied to...
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did wonder, but I'm pretty sure the arrow missed vital organs...and didn't he punch him out AFTER? Why bother if he was dead anyway? Or am I remembering wrong?
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Just caught up with Arrow season finale.A great episode and I was suprised by Tommy death but it makes sense.Also I was suprised that they were brave enough to destroy the Glades and not go for the easy option for Oliver to save the day.I guess they are building up Roy for the Speedy role and I wonder if that will happen in the second season.Anyway a great season and lots to look forward to in the second season!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught the end of a re-run. Barrowman just slumps at the end, could really go either way. Tommy's could also be vague if they wanted it, whilst it looks like he passes it could easily be argued he hasn't with a simple extended re-shoot. The puncture wound should have missed the vitals just like the Arrow with his father. Guess it'll be up to the producers and how they want it to go!
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    DanielF wrote: »
    Just caught the end of a re-run. Barrowman just slumps at the end, could really go either way. Tommy's could also be vague if they wanted it, whilst it looks like he passes it could easily be argued he hasn't with a simple extended re-shoot. The puncture wound should have missed the vitals just like the Arrow with his father. Guess it'll be up to the producers and how they want it to go!

The metal shard went right through Tommys body so I doubt if any organs were missed:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The metal shard went right through Tommys body so I doubt if any organs were missed:D

Vitals - looks below heart and lungs, above stomache. May have pierced kidneys or liver, possibly gallbladder area - so there's enough there (in my non-medical opinion!) that they could get away with it if they wanted to. Stranger storylines have happened elsewhere!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    Just caught up with Arrow season finale.A great episode and I was suprised by Tommy death but it makes sense.Also I was suprised that they were brave enough to destroy the Glades and not go for the easy option for Oliver to save the day.I guess they are building up Roy for the Speedy role and I wonder if that will happen in the second season.Anyway a great season and lots to look forward to in the second season!

They'll have to call him something else though as Olly's sister has already been given the nickname of Speedy.

As for other DC characters making an appearance in season 2 I can't see any of the big names (Bats, Supes or Wonderwoman) turning up so they'll go for second string (in the eyes of the wider public that is) characters
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vitals - looks below heart and lungs, above stomache. May have pierced kidneys or liver, possibly gallbladder area - so there's enough there (in my non-medical opinion!) that they could get away with it if they wanted to. Stranger storylines have happened elsewhere!

Yes they have. But Arrow left him there under a huge concrete boulder bleeding out. So that's a double whammy. But like you say, stranger things have happened. So you never know. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    They'll have to call him something else though as Olly's sister has already been given the nickname of Speedy.

As for other DC characters making an appearance in season 2 I can't see any of the big names (Bats, Supes or Wonderwoman) turning up so they'll go for second string (in the eyes of the wider public that is) characters

The Green Lantern was his best friend growing up apparently. There are strong rumours he will be making an appearance. Let's hope they get a better actor than Ryan Reynolds to play him because I thought he was awful in the movie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Green Lantern was his best friend growing up apparently. There are strong rumours he will be making an appearance. Let's hope they get a better actor than Ryan Reynolds to play him because I thought he was awful in the movie.

They might use appearances of other members of the JLA as backdoor pilots for those characters

So for example a villain using ice as a weapon in Star City could turn out to be Captain Cold who is being followed by The Flash
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    They might use appearances of other members of the JLA as backdoor pilots for those characters

So for example a villain using ice as a weapon in Star City could turn out to be Captain Cold who is being followed by The Flash

Oooh The Flash would be great. I used to love that show. Captain Cold. lol. :D:D:D
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've read an interview with the guy who plays Tommy & they have said he's been killed off they told him months before the finale aired :(
  • TiffanyThorneTiffanyThorne Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope they'll include Green Lantern and the Flash in the next season. That would be great.

Does anyone have superpowers in the world of Arrow? If no one does, does that mean only DC heroes or villians with no superpowers can appear (unless they gain power from an mechanical or scientfic device) : for example, Batman, Wildcat, Captain Cold?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope they'll include Green Lantern and the Flash in the next season. That would be great.

Does anyone have superpowers in the world of Arrow? If no one does, does that mean only DC heroes or villians with no superpowers can appear (unless they gain power from an mechanical or scientfic device) : for example, Batman, Wildcat, Captain Cold?

In the New 52 reboot of the DC universe Captain Cold and indeed several other Rogues have become superpowered villains rather than technovillains

However to sort that out Arrow could easily be set in part of the DC multiverse where the Rogues still rely on technology.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

The Flash has superpower. He can run really fast up buildings and across water and he's much stronger than the average man. He was hit by a bolt of lightning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Flash has superpower. He can run really fast up buildings and across water and he's much stronger than the average man. He was hit by a bolt of lightning.

I suppose they could change his origin story
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd rather they didn't. I'd much prefer Arrow to stay grounded in sort of reality and leave the superpowers out of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd rather they didn't. I'd much prefer Arrow to stay grounded in sort of reality and leave the superpowers out of it.

I'd rather they didn't have superpowered heroes or villains either - if they did, it would start to feel like Smallville. (I enjoyed Smallville a lot though).

If Black Canary appears she could be as she was back in the Golden Age, a woman who is a master of Judo (but doesn't have the sonic canary cry).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cool! Thanks Verence!
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's going to be excellent, isn't it?