Options

Engineer no show, common?

jaydogzjaydogz Posts: 352
Forum Member
Had no connection on Wednesday, phoned CS and after checking the line etc an Engineer was booked.
Should of arrived between 4 and 7pm this evening.

Connection came back on around an hour after call to CS, so no biggie,(was told by CS not to cancel even if connection was restored later).
Just wondered if anyone else had had no shows from a booked engineer?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it is back on they will know and the engineer will have been automatically cancelled due to that fact, quite normal as otherwise it will have been a wasted trip for the engineer as it will have been an area fault.
  • Options
    Chris JamesChris James Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petey286 wrote: »
    If it is back on they will know and the engineer will have been automatically cancelled due to that fact, quite normal as otherwise it will have been a wasted trip for the engineer as it will have been an area fault.

...... a wasted trip for the engineer? What about the wasted time incurred for the customer waiting for an engineer? How simple would it be to contact the customer to inform them of the planned no-show? I too was stood up after waiting in all afternoon because there was an area fault but that was irrelevant to my particular problem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...... a wasted trip for the engineer? What about the wasted time incurred for the customer waiting for an engineer? How simple would it be to contact the customer to inform them of the planned no-show? I too was stood up after waiting in all afternoon because there was an area fault but that was irrelevant to my particular problem.
    It happens all the time and that is the way it has always been so all you can do is call up to complain about the engineer cancellation.
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had two engineers for installations and two for errors and they have all shown up, so certainly not common for me. The only issue I had was one of them should have been there between 9 am - 1 pm and turned up at 8.30 am. I had only just made it back from the school run so he was lucky to catch me.

A silly question perhaps but are you sure the problem wasn't in the local street box so an engineer did turn up but had no reason to call on you?
  • Options
    lbearlbear Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Often after they check the line they find the fault is not on your property but, say, a fault in the street box. In those cases the engineer fixes it but they fail to mention it to you so you are stuck in waiting. A common problem with VM engineers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    I had a problem with my phone line and booked an engineer online. I got the confirmation but they didn't show. The problem turned out to be outside anyway, so if they'd fixed it then fair enough. However they didn't turn up AND the problem remained unresolved.

I had to phone them and up and chase them.
  • Options
    not_the_doctornot_the_doctor Posts: 1,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had an engineer show up, after what turned out to be an area fault had been fixed. Maybe it all just evens out in the end. ;)
  • Options
    madinlifemadinlife Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Had a engineer booked to come out saturday due to loss of internet for several hours over a couple of days, on friday got a automated phone call on home and mobile phone saying ther8e was a network fault they were working on it and canceled the engineer visit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madinlife wrote: »
    Had a engineer booked to come out saturday due to loss of internet for several hours over a couple of days, on friday got a automated phone call on home and mobile phone saying ther8e was a network fault they were working on it and canceled the engineer visit.
    Quite normal and commonplace nothing to shout about as nothing has changed.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    PuckyPucky Posts: 4,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a problem with my phoneline and booked an engineer to attend on a Saturday. Because of the fault and it occuring before I asked them to check the cabinet first - for some reason our line keeps getting disconnected at rhe cabinet. He phoned to say he was on his way, then he phoned the landline to say he'd fixed the problem.

I don't know about VM engineers but the engineers I work with if their jobs are cancelled they don't see them any more on their hand helds so they wouldn't have the customers details any more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pucky wrote: »

I don't know about VM engineers but the engineers I work with if their jobs are cancelled they don't see them any more on their hand helds so they wouldn't have the customers details any more.
    Exactly right why would a cancelled job show as that engineer can be put to better use elsewhere.:)