Options

Credit check for new customer

shelly_77shelly_77 Posts: 827
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm moving house and thinking of switching from Sky to Virgin. However, whilst I'll change my address on the electoral register as soon as I can, I doubt it will appear on my credit reference for a while, and wondered if this would affect my ability to join Virgin straightaway in my new house. Any thoughts? :)

Comments

• Options
    RoushRoush Posts: 4,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as you're on the electoral roll at your current address it won't make a difference.
  • Options
    Dave_GosportDave_Gosport Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    shelly_77 wrote: »
    I'm moving house and thinking of switching from Sky to Virgin. However, whilst I'll change my address on the electoral register as soon as I can, I doubt it will appear on my credit reference for a while, and wondered if this would affect my ability to join Virgin straightaway in my new house. Any thoughts? :)

I moved out of my mums to a tower block nearly 2 years ago, and the first thing I did before I moved was order Virgin as this tower block doesn't allow us to have our own Sky dishes. >:(

My credit rating is poor, so I was surprised when I got the email to say "You're in! We're sending one of our technicians round on such and such date between 8am and 1pm to install your Virgin Media services."

I'm sure you won't have any probs, but I hope this helps.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The credit check is more to see if you owe them any money or not. If you don't have a outstanding debt with them you'll be fine they'll just put a credit limit on your account normally about £120 a month which you can get removed after 6 months.
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelly_77 wrote: »

No it's about your financial situation and do you pay your bills or do you have a string of unpaid debts, Virgin will be more than used to people moving to new homes not being on the electoral roll yet.