Peppa Pig

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2084021/Is-Peppa-Pig-making-toddlers-naughty-Parents-despair-children-copy-cartoon-answering-back.html

The show is just nastyness, bulling, taking the p**s out of overweight people, answering back and should be banned!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Christ!!! The dailymail with interviews from Mumsnet!!!!!
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2084021/Is-Peppa-Pig-making-toddlers-naughty-Parents-despair-children-copy-cartoon-answering-back.html

The show is just nastyness, bulling, taking the p**s out of overweight people, answering back and should be banned!

It's not the show, it's the Daily Mail that is just nastiness, bullying and takes the p**s out of overweight people. So ban the Daily Mail and keep Peppa/

LONG LIVE PEPPA PIG!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Peppas lovely. My little boy loves Peppa Pig.
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    DaisieBee wrote: »
    Oh Christ!!! The dailymail with interviews from Mumsnet!!!!!

When two worlds collide!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    It's not the show, it's the Daily Mail that is just nastiness, bullying and takes the p**s out of overweight people. So ban the Daily Mail and keep Peppa/

LONG LIVE PEPPA PIG!

The show is nasty. All this answering back no wonder children are picking up bad habbits.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peppa Pig is an annoying brat with far too much to say for herself.
    She runs a close second to Miss Hoolie and PC Plumb.

Yuck :(

Don't like Norman Price either. :blush:
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All her features are on one side of her face, I'd love her to turn around
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    My 18 month old Granddaughter loves Peppa, long may she reign !
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Never seen it but what's so bad about it? It's only a kids show. What has the world come to when people get offended by a kids show? :confused::p
  • hopwoodlhopwoodl Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree that Peppa is a brat sometimes but she does get told off about it. We watch it for Mr Bull :D
  • ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hopwoodl wrote: »
    Agree that Peppa is a brat sometimes but she does get told off about it. We watch it for Mr Bull :D

"We dig up the road!" :D
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hopwoodl wrote: »

Aaargh Bull in a china shop

Grampy rabbit is best :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never seen it but what's so bad about it? It's only a kids show. What has the world come to when people get offended by a kids show? :confused::p

Teaching kids bad manners for one.

Unless you think its acceptable for a child to bully there little brother and make him cry all the time and just call your father names and take the p*ss out of his belly in every episode.

Answering back as well and not doing what your told. Yet the creators of this stupid program cant even teach the audience between whats right and wrong.

If you want to call fat people fat, fine, if you want tease small children, fine, but at least tell the child viewer watching that this is wrong! Would it really take that much trouble to just add a line in saying you shouldnt be doing this.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Watch it and then comment on the subject. :)
  • markmagmarkmag Posts: 3,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's hard to work out for certain as often channels group up to 7 episodes together in one EPG entry, but across it's own channel (Nick Jr Peppa), the other Nick Jr channels, Channel 5, BBC Alba and S4C (Inc. +1 and HD where they exist) I work out that approximately 1700 episodes of Peppa Pig are shown every single week on British television. 1700 episodes a week! That must be a world record for any programme? Averages each episode gets shown 8 times a week...

When I were a lad if you weren't home for 4.15 you missed Dangermouse and chances are you'd never see that episode again...
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    dd68 wrote: »
    All her features are on one side of her face, I'd love her to turn around

When she does turn round, she has 2 eyes on the other side too, freaky!
  • FaggyFaggy Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show is nasty. All this answering back no wonder children are picking up bad habbits.

Because of course children never behaved badly before Peppa Pig was invented (where's the rolleyes smily when you need it).

Small children will misbehave no matter what.
    It's up to the parents to teach them what is right & wrong and not blame a tv show for their inability to teach their children good behaviour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    Grampy rabbit wins for us!
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Can't believe anyone is taking Peppa seriously. It's a KID'S cartoon, besides, Peppa does get frequently told off.
  • Dan 54Dan 54 Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Fox for me....."I've got 5 of those".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Faggy wrote: »
    Because of course children never behaved badly before Peppa Pig was invented (where's the rolleyes smily when you need it).

Small children will misbehave no matter what.
    It's up to the parents to teach them what is right & wrong and not blame a tv show for their inability to teach their children good behaviour.

It should be their responsibility though to send kids a good message not misbehave.

I remember when I was young watching cartoons and they would always give us a positive message!