Options

EE's Mad May - your opinion on the storyline.

attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
Forum Member
✭✭
As I was young at the time of the storyline I found it quite horrifying. What did you think?

Comments

• Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it cheesy and I was never interested in Dawn. The woman playing May was hammy as hell.
  • Options
    Ronell_DavisRonell_Davis Posts: 4,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I loved Mad May the episode where kidnaps Dawn amd traps her in that house is probably one of favourite episodes ! :D
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read that as Mad Maya.

Nearly enfded up talking about Dev Alahans 7 shops going up
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed her first storyline with the baby obsession, Dawn kidnap and her arrest.

They ruined her when they brought her back though.
  • Options
    teenage-monkeyteenage-monkey Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show felt like it was in a transition period when this happened, from the Berrige/Hutchinson era to the Deidrick Santer period when Kate Harwood was in charge.

This storyline, similar to Dot and Baby Tomas was advertised in a certain sensationalist way to grab viewers. That's just my opinion and view on it though.
  • Options
    ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought the story was great considering it happened to characters I really disliked. It was one of the rare times that Eastenders had a really good disaster.
  • Options
    Vicks-LouiseVicks-Louise Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible - dawn was one of the worst from that family anyway she drove me bonkers and it was hard to care about her (mad stalker or no mad stalker) though tying her to the bed and planning to cut the baby out of her was horrifying even just as a thought and I wouldn't wish that on anyone but no it was horrendous it put dawn at the front when I couldn't give a hoot about her and May was way past unhinged that there really was nothing good about it - wasn't all that sorry the crackpot dr blew her self up either
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her first stint was incredible.

Then she came back and they ruined her.
  • Options
    EESuperFanEESuperFan Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it. I loved her exit with the house blowing up.
  • Options
    QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure that was the only decent storyline back when it began - but I loved it! When Mad May's Return was confirmed in 2008 I was so happy
  • Options
    felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    Totally stupid.
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved Mad May in both stints!
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Wonder how the story would have translated on screen had it not been rewritten...
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danslink wrote: »
    Wonder how the story would have translated on screen had it not been rewritten...

Was it originally a kidnap? Changed due to the McCann's?

I remember the same happening in Corrie, they had a stalker story around the same time with Claire Peacock which was going to feature one of her kids being taken.