Why do people like Ashleigh?

Comments

• Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Sorry and with respect I don't believe you.:) You spend an inordinate amount of time slagging her off, so pls do understand my disbelief.

I have spent a lot of time criticising Ashleigh I really don't deny that.

I don't make it my mission in life to do so;-)

I am an adult - there is nothing underhand or devious in just asking why.

I shouldn't have bothered.
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her because she's only 18 and voting her out would seem like child abuse :cool:
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well you'll have to come to that conclusion on your own I'm afraid
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

LOL I feel your pain. I think however you have got your answer, as very few actually came up with anything tangible ;)
  • Kasper69Kasper69 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the interest of restoring a bit of balance to the forum - I'm genuinely interested - really I am.

I haven't seen anything nice about her. I'm not being horrible - I'm not being contrary - I really haven't.

She's a pretty girl but her face is constantly contorted in a sneer and she has nothing nice to say about anyone.

She has started to join in a bit more I'll give her that but for a long time she sat sulking while anyone else was having fun in the pool or whatever - it was miserable behaviour - like she had no fun in her.

I realise everyone will blame Helen but I'm not buying that (sorry) - there are a lot of other people in that house besides her.

Now tell me I'm wrong. Tell me why she is such a lovely girl.

Some people like Helen go and figure.

I like Ashleigh and feel sorry for her.
  • KDDS07KDDS07 Posts: 5,861
    Forum Member

The OP had the right to ask the question. I'm really curious about now that the OP has read through the posts did they get any sense of why Ashleigh is supported? Do they understand a little more at least? I am honestly curious because so often these types of threads come up but rarely is there any feed back.
  • jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So OP shoe on the other foot what exactly do you like so much about Jale's personality ? Is it the fact she originally was picked on by Helen and her crew for two weeks but now lives up Helens bum ? Basically shes become a sheep too. And by the way i don't dislike Jale either but facts are fact whoever the housemate is.

As for Ashleigh shes never been one of Helens sheep that she should have credit for in my view hasn't played to Helens tune in there. I don't want Helens head to get any bigger than it all ready is if Ashleigh is evicted it will do. She already rules that house enough. Thats the bottom line for me , people are entitled to vote for the reasons they choose. It doesn't always have to be about strongly disliking people.
  • farlofanfarlofan Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sasparella wrote: »
    LOL I feel your pain. I think however you have got your answer, as very few actually came up with anything tangible ;)

Maybe some people are bored of having to rewrite the same things?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its not a case of liking someone more like that girls got balls
    for someone so young she has a much older head on her shoulders than say Helen
    little chris likes her he has got sense, she has a mature outlook on life she does not follow like a sheep. qualities to be admired in one so young.
    but she should have more fun possibly we would see a different person if Helen was not there
  • elizadooolittleelizadooolittle Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don''t really like any of them.
  • KDDS07KDDS07 Posts: 5,861
    Forum Member

See--this is typical. Really??? Nothing tangible? Like--what would be tangible??? I'm not being confrontational. It just seems to me when these "why do you like...." threads come up they only result in insults. Why should that be? I don't get it. I think the posts---read as a whole---was quite tangible.
  • TheprodigalTheprodigal Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like ashleigh as I agree with her that the majority of her housemates are tiresome.

If I was in there with Helen then I would growl at her every time she walks past as well as she is nasty.

I certainly agree with her for trying to get Steven and Ash up for eviction last week and its a shame the public didnt take the opportunity to get Ash out.

Im sure she has had fun in that house but unfortunately if you arent licking Helens arse (as per Jale) then you are not allowed to have fun.
  • Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,611
    Forum Member
    I'm massively disappointed in her having her pegged as an early favourite. I liked that she seemed quiet, respectable and intelligent. Now all of those three things may still apply, however, I haven't liked her when we got to see a real mean streak in her. She seems to sneer and look down her nose at everyone and thinks she's better than everyone else. I don't buy the defense from her fans that she is better than everyone else. How can she be when she's barely lived her life to experience what other people have. If she's come from a rough area as suggested, then you'd think she'd have a bit of empathy and compassion.

However, I have hope for her now that she's seen herself back on those videos and been taken to task for it by BB (because I'm now of a mind that they did it to do her a big favour and to reign herself in) I hope to see a nicer side of her now.
  • VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, from the answers on here so far, the basic reason seems to be that she tried to get one over on Helen, as no-one seems to have listed any nice points about her personality ?

Sad really. :blush: Especially as she never did confront Helen, talked a lot about it but never did it. Christopher did it and I don't see any outpouring of love for him. He's an after thought to everyone IN the house and out it seems. :(
  • JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I just think it's odd that Penny would start a thread asking this question about the person she seems to dislike most and can't help being slightly suspicious of her motives. But I do like Ashleigh. Yes she's been bitchy (as has everyone else) yes she's been a bit miserable (as have many of them) and I think that's because she feels out of place among the people she is there with. I think she is kind (the ONLY one to congratulate Jale when she was saved early on in the show). I think she is a decent girl. Doesn't prance around half naked or let herself be finger f***ed by some idiot she's just met - clearly faithful to her boyfriend. I suspect that out of the house she has great fun with her friends and her boyfriend and is generally just a decent young girl who doesn't deserve the sh*t which has been thrown at her in the house and on this forum., Some of the names she has been called have been disgusting and this is what one poster said about her which actually shocked and disgusted me.

I'm looking forward to Helen making Ashleigh cry because no one in there will stop it now. Danielle did NOTHING. the only one who talked it over with Ashleigh was Jale . Now she'll have no one. Fantastic!!!! What great support she has, keep the guy who does nothing or the woman who cares. It's what the spoiled brat deserves, leave her in there so the wolves can have her with no interference . Sweet.

She's not perfect, far from it but I like her. Will that do you? :)
    Forum Member
    jp761 wrote: »
    So OP shoe on the other foot what exactly do you like so much about Jale's personality ? Is it the fact she originally was picked only Helen and her crew for two weeks but now lives up Helens bum ? Basically shes become a sheep too. And by the way i don't dislike Jale either but facts are fact whoever the housemate is.

As for Ashleigh shes never been one of Helens sheep that she should have credit for in my view hasn't played to Helens tune in there. I don't want Helens head to get any bigger than it all ready is if Ashleigh is evicted it will do. She already rules that house enough. Thats the bottom line for me , people are entitled to vote for the reasons they choose. It doesn't always have to be about strongly disliking people.

I have written it many times on here if you want to check my posting history.

I might start a thread on it.

I'm not doing it here - I'm not derailing this thread - it's All About Ashleigh.
  • Jay BigzJay Bigz Posts: 5,338
    Forum Member
    She's loyal to her B/F - she's not in there fawning over the lads, or partaking in flirting. She keeps them all at arms distance.

That's exactly what every man would want from their partner.

Fair plays to her.

She does have a spiteful side though, but she's only 18 and has plenty of time to grow up.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh so because the answers we gave did not meet with your approval....you deny their validity. Silly, very, very silly;-):D:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    farlofan wrote: »
    Maybe some people are bored of having to rewrite the same things?

True, but the question was about her personality I think, not how she behaves as opposed to Helen, which is what the answers have mostly been about. I think the OP genuinely wanted to know if there were actually any nice aspects to Ashleigh's character that she may have missed.
  • VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like ashleigh as I agree with her that the majority of her housemates are tiresome.

If I was in there with Helen then I would growl at her every time she walks past as well as she is nasty.

I certainly agree with her for trying to get Steven and Ash up for eviction last week and its a shame the public didnt take the opportunity to get Ash out.

then you are not allowed to have fun.

She never tried to get Steven out, he was always on her save list. Funny enough Steven wasn't a priority to save for Kim. :D

I've deleted the really offensive (TO ME) part, it only reminds me of how disgusting Ashleigh speaks and this thread is trying to list POSITIVE characteristics.

I feel sorry for any adult who finds that phrase acceptable and actually USES It themselves. So disgusting, so vicious.
  • jp761jp761 Posts: 33,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have written it many times on here if you want to check my posting history.

I might start a thread on it.

I'm not doing it here - I'm not derailing this thread - it's All About Ashleigh.
    I see.
  • Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member
    I like Ashleigh because she's intelligent, doesn't go seeking BB showmances and is staying true to her BF, she has observed the other HM's with incredible accuracy, she isn't afraid to voice her opinion, but doesn't need to hit people over the head with her opinions like a sledgehammer (unlike Helen) but she will if questioned or being attacked give her opinion on those HM's to their faces...she will defend her friends and not stab them in the back if they show her the same loyalty, some of her sharp comments on others are funny and witty, she took on the 3 female Ash supporters in the girl power task and beat them...and she's a damn sight better viewing than all the other females in that house.
    Forum Member
    I don''t really like any of them.

ROFL.........that's got me giggling like a school kid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just think it's odd that Penny would start a thread asking this question about the person she seems to dislike most and can't help being slightly suspicious of her motives. But I do like Ashleigh. Yes she's been bitchy (as has everyone else) yes she's been a bit miserable (as have many of them) and I think that's because she feels out of place among the people she is there with. I think she is kind (the ONLY one to congratulate Jale when she was saved early on in the show). I think she is a decent girl. Doesn't prance around half naked or let herself be finger f***ed by some idiot she's just met - clearly faithful to her boyfriend. I suspect that out of the house she has great fun with her friends and her boyfriend and is generally just a decent young girl who doesn't deserve the sh*t which has been thrown at her in the house and on this forum., Some of the names she has been called have been disgusting and this is what one poster said about her which actually shocked and disgusted me.

I'm looking forward to Helen making Ashleigh cry because no one in there will stop it now. Danielle did NOTHING. the only one who talked it over with Ashleigh was Jale . Now she'll have no one. Fantastic!!!! What great support she has, keep the guy who does nothing or the woman who cares. It's what the spoiled brat deserves, leave her in there so the wolves can have her with no interference . Sweet.

She's not perfect, far from it but I like her. Will that do you? :)

Yep, good answer :)
  • Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,611
    Forum Member
    I like Ashleigh because she's intelligent, doesn't go seeking BB showmances and is staying true to her BF, she has observed the other HM's with incredible accuracy, she isn't afraid to voice her opinion, but doesn't need to hit people over the head with her opinions like a sledgehammer (unlike Helen) but she will if questioned or being attacked give her opinion on those HM's to their faces...she will defend her friends and not stab them in the back if they show her the same loyalty, some of her sharp comments on others are funny and witty, she took on the 3 female Ash supporters in the girl power task and beat them...and she's a damn sight better viewing than all the other females in that house.

Her accuracy is what I have a problem with. What if some of us don't agree with her point of view? I certainly don't and don't like this whole groupthink of putting everyone in the one barrel.