Volume Low

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
Forum Member
Why is the volume output of the 9200 that much quieter than another source?
My dvd, video or xbox all have pretty much equal volume outputs & will usually result in my tv volume being set between "8" & "15" out of "100", when I watch the hummy I have to turn volume up to around "40". This is something the salesman in Currys told me as he has one also.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know why thats the case but, the full volume of the hummy is at the highest setting and is just reduced from there with the hummy volume bar. However, by default, the volume setting on the machine is half full volume. I used to wack it up back up to full volume on the hummy and use the TV remote for sound levels (I have a one for all remote now).
  • Max DemianMax Demian Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marcdavis wrote:
    However, by default, the volume setting on the machine is half full volume.
    What do you mean by the "default volume setting"? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Max Demian wrote:
    What do you mean by the "default volume setting"? :confused:

when you first open the box and use the machine, or reset the machine to default settings, the volume slider on the humax PVR is set down to half. Press the volume buttons on the humax remote to see what its currently set to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Not the same thing, I know. But recently I connected my DVD player through the Humax, and the volume when watching DVDs is OK when the Hummy is off, but when the Hummy is on (even just to record) the volume is really low, and I have to turn it right up. And when the Hummy switches off after recording, the volume shoots back up again! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Not the same thing, I know. But recently I connected my DVD player through the Humax, and the volume when watching DVDs is OK when the Hummy is off, but when the Hummy is on (even just to record) the volume is really low, and I have to turn it right up. And when the Hummy switches off after recording, the volume shoots back up again! :eek:

That's also exactly how mine is. It's very frustrating as part of what I wanted from a PVR was to be able to adjust the volume similar to Sky. A previous set top box I had wouldn't do this so I had one remote in one hand for channels & the huge original tv remote just to solely adjust the tv volume in the other.
    I'm forever having to turn the hummy up & down and also the tv up & down to compensate for which source I'm using. Admitidly the hummy's used 80% of the time so tv volume can be left set but why on earth do they have such low volume output where as any other source I plug into the tv seem to be set around the same level.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    I suspect this is something peculiar to the hardware that the 9200T is based on. The Topfield 5800 uses the same basic hardware and suffers from the same low volume compared to other entertainment equipment.