unlocking a virgin lobster.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
Forum Member
✭✭
Is it possible to unlock a Virgin Lobster phone and if so, how much would it cost? I have a Nokia phone on the vodaphone network and that would cost £20, but that can only be done by Vodaphone

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    if you have spent £30 on one virgin sim, then they will send you the code free of charge.

if you havent you could always ask a family /friends to o it for you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spend £30. on a virgin sim card, ?????
    i have spent over a thousand pounds. on airtime, and i got the phone brand new for free.. off virgin.. anyhow, £30, i can get a cheap basic phone, on what-ever network i want........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    spend £30. on a virgin sim card, ?????
    i have spent over a thousand pounds. on airtime, and i got the phone brand new for free.. off virgin.. anyhow, £30, i can get a cheap basic phone, on what-ever network i want........

If you've topped up more than £30, they give you the code for free. I think you misunderstood.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ok, do i phone, customer services, and will they do it for me. or tell me how to do it, immediately.........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    ok, do i phone, customer services, and will they do it for me. or tell me how to do it, immediately.........

Don't be so bloody rude. You phone O2. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rude.???????????????????????????????:confused::confused::confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    lol hey guys

firstly paul, i did say "spent" not spend lol.

secondly I dont think your intention was to appear or sound rude but the use of a question mark would have helped after the word immediately :p

anyway yes call virgin mobile on 0845 6000 789 (open 24 hours - go through to any option, i dont think it really matters) and say you would like to request a unlock code they should ask you for your number, name and password, they will then pop the request into the system.

As the lobster tv is an exclusive handset to virgin they should have the codes in-house, they do say to wait 7 days for the unlock code in the post but call back in 24 hours or so and they should be on your account ... just ask the operator to have a look :p

hope this helps
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks for your reply. it was most helpful. after re- reading my post, i can now see what was wrong....... and thanks for pointing it out for me... more care in future... i shall phone virgin now. cheers.....

just one last point, do i just type the code in to my phone, when i receive it.. ????????
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yep.they told me, 7 days in the post... and why do i want to migrate .. so i phone back tomorrow...... thanks again..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just phoned virgin, and they asked me if i have received the letter, so i said no, but can you check... and hey presto. i have it. same no repeated twice...
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member

sholud be read as
    ok, do i phone, customer services, and will they do it for me. or tell me how to do it immediately.........

oh dear
  • popppopp Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i had my lobster unlocked from virgin. all i had to do was have £30 topup. also had a few other phones unlocked all done with same topup, they are very good for unlocking as long as your registered with them. anyway slight change on topic but still about lobster 700tv , question is i know they are stopping the tv service by january 2008 but will i still be able to get dab radio. regards popp