✭✭
Shockingly bad, it was embarrassing.:o:o:blush:

Comments

• Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And think how much more of it we have to look forward to.
  • Options
    masterquanmasterquan Posts: 5,804
    Forum Member
    Yawn.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm no Sean fan but he tends to get 'comedy' stuff which is bearable. Fiz is bearable if she is in the background too. They are both terrible at serious stuff.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol At the thread title :D
  • Options
    Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love the title of the thread Gusto :D
  • Options
    GoinGagaGoinGaga Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't think it was that bad :D
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Absolutely love the title! I don't actually mind Jenny McAlpine's acting although her voice is annoying. When Kirsty was abusing Tyrone Fizz was quite good. Since then Tyrone and Fizz both bore me and I'm not that bothered about the Hope storyline. Obviously if it was real life and a little girl was ill it would be different but as for the storyline I just can't really get into it.
  • Options
    Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been dreading this storyline ever since I heard about it due to Jennie McAlpine's horrific acting.
  • Options
    storyofmylifestoryofmylife Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't watch Corrie but I googled the episode to see Jennie's acting is and it is awful. Her voice can be very child like and giddy and I expected her to do some serious acting.
  • Options
    zsazsazsazsazsazsazsazsa Posts: 667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ha, ha, ha - I am not going to be following this s/l even if it means missing Fiz's spellbounding acting. :D
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever you think of Jennie acting, she's a better actor than Anthony Cotton.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    cooler wrote: »

I absolutely agree with you! I can't think of anyone worse than Antony "Rotten" Cotton! How he ever got a job on a soap amazes me. I am also amazed that his contract keeps being renewed. I like camp actors and TV presenters like Scott on Hollyoaks and the lovely Paul O'Grady but Antony Cotton is just plain annoying and he CAN'T ACT! >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cooler wrote: »

I agree Jennie is better at acting than Anthony but I still found the title funny
  • Options
    Mark_Washingto1Mark_Washingto1 Posts: 19,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't seen this episode yet, but Fiz is a really good actress, I thought she was amazing during Hayley's cancer, she's a real good crier.
  • Options
    NoxyNoxy Posts: 5,578
    Forum Member
    What is the forum's obsessive hatred of Fiz about? It's pathetic and tedious beyond words.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noxy wrote: »
    What is the forum's obsessive hatred of Fiz about? It's pathetic and tedious beyond words.

I dont think shes that bad, not as much as some on here
  • Options
    09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think both her and Anthony Cotton are terrible anyway but of course in a storyline like this it will always really show up an actor's imperfections.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just think people should focus more on the story rather than the actors. It's a terribly sad story but it will be gripping, hopefully.
  • Options
    SepangBlueSepangBlue Posts: 4,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennie McAlpine isn't that bad, although her voice does grate a bit. I couldn't care less about the Hope storyline .. once again it's a case of a prominent UK Soap believing that somewhere in its charter it's obliged to deal with matters of 'public interest' by covering yet another 'issue', rather than giving us decent storylines in which we can really become immersed .. and frankly I'm fed up with it.

As for the reference to Larry Olivier in the same breath (no, make that planet) as Anthony Cotton, well .. I'm speechless. Cotton, my least favourite character who adds nothing to the series, is truly awful and wouldn't even pass muster in a Brian Rix farce; if they're looking to get rid of any more characters, they should pick him.
  • Options
    WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well said. I think her acting during this storyline has been very moving and convincing. She's crushed that her daughter might be ill.
  • Options
    GoinGagaGoinGaga Posts: 3,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think shes that bad, not as much as some on here

I agree. People seem to find her irritating which I think has quite a bit to do with her being labelled a bad actress. Of course, it's subjective. Some people rave about certain actors on here who I find quite poor. But Jenny has never struck me as being poor at her job tbh. The character can be a bit wet sometimes but that has more to do with the writing.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well said. I think her acting during this storyline has been very moving and convincing. She's crushed that her daughter might be ill.

I agree. I think Jennie is a really good actress.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GoinGaga wrote: »
    I agree. People seem to find her irritating which I think has quite a bit to do with her being labelled a bad actress. Of course, it's subjective. Some people rave about certain actors on here who I find quite poor. But Jenny has never struck me as being poor at her job tbh. The character can be a bit wet sometimes but that has more to do with the writing.

Good post GG, and I totally agree.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I totally agree. I reckon she is very good.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's just the character of fizz is an irritating whiny self centred busybody. Jennie on the other hand always appears gracious well except when corrie lose out on awards :p