Sky Store Box Sets

rhodgreenrhodgreen Posts: 363
Forum Member
Am I the only one who's a little bit miffed with this?
It's not like I already pay Sky £92 a month as it is (yes, I know some will dig at this!).
But now, they want more money to watch TV shows that are either old or on Netflix.
Hope this charging model doesn't erode in to the box sets that's already included in our package, not that I'm a high volume use of box sets, it's the principle that gets me!
(I've never been a fan of movies Sky Store when we already pay for Sky Cinema!).
Rant over.

Comments

• -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Isn't the difference that your actually 'buying' them rather than just what's available via a sub?
    Just because they're old or on Netflix doesn't suddenly make them have no value to actually buy them.
  • powarpowar Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    rhodgreen wrote: »
    It's not like I already pay Sky £92 a month as it is (yes, I know some will dig at this!).
    But now, they want more money to watch TV shows that are either old or on Netflix.
    Hope this charging model doesn't erode in to the box sets that's already included in our package, not that I'm a high volume use of box sets, it's the principle that gets me!
    (I've never been a fan of movies Sky Store when we already pay for Sky Cinema!).
    Rant over.

What on earth are you talking about? :confused:
  • rhodgreenrhodgreen Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    powar wrote: »
    What on earth are you talking about? :confused:

http://discover.skystore.com/boxsets/
  • Keith_Rigby1Keith_Rigby1 Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rant over.

Is the £92 a month for your TV, phone, and internet ?
    That cant be just for TV.
  • rhodgreenrhodgreen Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    Is the £92 a month for your TV, phone, and internet ?
    That cant be just for TV.

I wish!
    Don't forget the extra for BT Sport on top!
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member

Which is exactly what it says. Buy & Keep as opposed to a sub which you don't keep.
    So what exactly is there to get miffed about :confused:
  • Keith_Rigby1Keith_Rigby1 Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish!
    Don't forget the extra for BT Sport on top!

Your paying a lot of cash each month just to watch tv.
    I dont have BT SPORTS i will go to my sons to watch that.
    I phoned BT up and they wanted £26 a month, no way could i afford that on top of sky sports.
  • powarpowar Posts: 302
    Forum Member

I don't get what your issue is? As a member of Amazon Prime, does that entitle me to get everything from the Amazon store for free? Sky Store is just what it says, it is a buy and own facility.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rant over.

Sky do not make the films, they do not own them.

Sky gets a licence to show them on their movie channels, when that expires, the studios then want Sky to sell them, like any other film store would do, Sky cannot get unlimited rights to unlimited films.