Options

Adele is so common and sounds awful

Comments

• Options
    milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    COD-ZX3 wrote: »
    I had no idea she was so common and swore at every sentence. She was chewing gum while making her acceptance speech at the grammys Is this why she is a role model? :confused:

Not a fan guys.

I take it that you speak like The Queen and have no regional accent.
    She is a role model because she has a successful career, she doesn't strip off and has a great voice.
  • Options
    snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,109
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    She grew up in Brixton. We're lucky she actually speaks like a proper Sarf London girl and not in a fake yardie ghetto 'ya no wot iz sayin innit' sort of way

:D:D:D:D

bless her she is fab...love her
  • Options
    LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot stand Adele, I have to say.

But I object to those who beef about her accent. She can't help where she was born after all and she is at least 'keeping it real' instead of adopting a stupid transatlantic drawl.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    COD-ZX3 wrote: »
    I had no idea she was so common and swore at every sentence. She was chewing gum while making her acceptance speech at the grammys Is this why she is a role model? :confused:

Not a fan guys.

She certainly needs to sort out her image thats for sure, a good role model she certainly is not in any way whatsoever.
  • Options
    MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    She certainly needs to sort out her image thats for sure, a role model she cetainly is not in any way whatsoever.

I didn't realise Adele claimed to be a role model.

And what a shock it is to see you in an Adele bashing thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a chip shop owner when she speaks.

The chip shop owners near me are either Greek, Italian or Chinese...
    Do you speak like a BBC news reader? Though even they know have regional accents....You seem to have a problem with working class people doing well...Personally I am pleased the Americans know English people don't all talk like Kate Winslet or Hugh Grant.
  • Options
    SuperbeastSuperbeast Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonsfab wrote: »
    A member of MENSA ha ha ha ha

You can't even read a post before you post a totally irrelevant response

Ha ha ha ha

Clown

You are the one reckoning she has more money than she does to spend on a habit she doesn't have. I'm a clown? Sorry. You are clearly lacking in both common sense and intelligence. For you to attempt to disparage me at this point and claim my points are irrelevant when you think she has Whitney Houston's fortune and habits based on no actual evidence is not only laughable, it shows to me just how mentally deficient you are and why it's not actually worth my time trying to have any sort of dialogue with you because you are clearly infantile in your faculties in comparison. Rather than bolster your argument with facts you try insult me to denigrate my character rather than strengthen your own argument. It's pathetic playground tactics, can you even debate intelligently offering counterpoints of worth? Off this evidence, clearly not. I'm in the top 1% worldwide intellectually and have the membership to prove it, you suppose things and posit them as fact and then try discredit those who point out your argument has no merit because of no related evidence? You're beneath me to engage with any further.
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member

The Americans don't seem to find her common, was it 6 Grammies?:D
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    Heaven forbid someone speaks with an accent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Its not an adele bashing thread at all its just a thread stating simple truthful facts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its not an adele bashing thread at all its just a thread stating simple truthful facts.

So you think it's a fact that 'Adele isn't a role model':D
  • Options
    Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just because it's your opinion, that doesn't make it a fact.

She speaks like someone from South London. Big deal. I don't believe she ever claimed to be a role model either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you think it's a fact that 'Adele isn't a role model':D

But she is a role model, I know she does nothing apart from sell albums but many of her younger fans ( some who may also have weight issues) still see her as a role model thats what kids do.

I dont have a problem with her London accent, my husbands a full blown eastender and have got use to the Cokerneys.:D

Its the other stuff she needs to brush up on she needs a bit of etiquette otherwise she is just gonna be put in the same bracket as all the other plastic popstars.
  • Options
    snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,109
    Forum Member
    But she is a role model, I know she does nothing apart from sell albums but many of her younger fans ( some who may also have weight issues) still see her as a role model thats what kids do.

I dont have a problem with her London accent, my husbands a full blown eastender and have got use to the Cokerneys.:D

Its the other stuff she needs to brush up on she needs a bit of etiquette otherwise she is just gonna be put in the same mould as all the other plastic popstars.

She is her own woman,no platisticity at all..and has great talent
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    She's got an accent, so what? So have 99% of the British public.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What's the problem with kids with weight issues seeing her as a role model? :confused:

At last nights Grammys she looked as if she's lost weight anyway, so your 'argument' doesn't really stand up to scrutiny..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2100300/GRAMMYS-2012-Adele-shows-slimmer-figure-curve-hugging-gown.html
  • Options
    Forum Member

Its the other stuff she needs to brush up on she needs a bit of etiquette otherwise she is just gonna be put in the same mould as all the other plastic popstars.

Sorry gl, it seems her fans all over the world love her how she is. That's her appeal, she is who she is and her fans all love her for being who she is. No pretence, just Adele.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What etiquette? Turn up in a dress made of meat, kiss another woman on stage for publicity, perform high, or in ill-fitting underwear while forgetting her words, give the middle finger, expose her nipple or anything else that popstars have done to upset America.
    Adele is a real cockney, unlike Jamie Oliver or Guy Ritchie who use it to try and be everyman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tudor6222 wrote: »
    What's the problem with kids with weight issues seeing her as a role model? :confused:At last nights Grammys she looked as if she's lost weight anyway, so your 'argument' doesn't really stand up to scrutiny..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2100300/GRAMMYS-2012-Adele-shows-slimmer-figure-curve-hugging-gown.html

Thats about the only thing she is good for as a role model. re-read my post.
    Its people who are saying she is not a role model that are wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats about the only thing she is good for as a role model. re-read my post.
    Its people who are saying she is not a role model that are wrong.

But her weight isn't what sells her albums.

People obviously like her, but she's never set herself up as a role model. Perhaps you'd like to read my post too. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    milliejo wrote: »
    What etiquette? Turn up in a dress made of meat, kiss another woman on stage for publicity, perform high, or in ill-fitting underwear while forgetting her words, give the middle finger, expose her nipple or anything else that popstars have done to upset America. Adele is a real cockney, unlike Jamie Oliver or Guy Ritchie who use it to try and be everyman.

None of those things are etiquette:confused: those things you listed are just attentions seeking stunts performed by the usual plastic pop stars.
  • Options
    UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love these sorts of threads :D It reminds me of a friend. He said Adele would fade away after "19" then it was, "she'll never have a number one", then it was "she'll never get an american number one", then it was, "she'll never win a grammy", then it was "she won't be respected by others in the industry" after the standing ovation last night he just went "Yeah she's done alright for herself I suppose" :D

This thread seems to be a case of "Bugger, she won 6/6 last night but I wanted to slag her today erm........you speak common! HA!"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry gl, it seems her fans all over the world love her how she is. That's her appeal, she is who she is and her fans all love her for being who she is. No pretence, just Adele.

They love her music thats it, she dont have the same "apperance pull" to the fans like gaga and the like have, her appearance dont have the same impact. And of course many would not even know about her lack of social skills.

All I am saying is she needs to brush up on how she acts in public, swearing, smoking, chewing while collecting awards, to me that just puts her in the same category as the other chart pop stars who dont behave. You may love her and ignore it as you love her music but to an outsider its more noticable and press are very good at picking up on these things. If she dont wanna be dubbed a plastic pop star she needs to ensure she dont do things that give her that tag.

She still has time to save herself from getting that tag :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None of those things are etiquette:confused: those things you listed are just attentions seeking stunts performed by the usual plastic pop stars.

You're the one who mentioned 'etiquette' in the first place.

So she swore a bit and said 'Girl done good' which didn't get a laugh as the audience probably didn't understand. Heat of the moment behaviour, so what? Hardly a hanging offence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tudor6222 wrote: »
    But her weight isn't what sells her albums.People obviously like her, but she's never set herself up as a role model. Perhaps you'd like to read my post too. :rolleyes:

This has got nothing to do with her album sales at all, its about how she is perceived by the public based on how she acts.