Adele cut off after winning BRIT award, shows middle finger!

124»

Comments

• priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adele is a great singer but i dont know why the media making a big deal that her speech got cut short and then her giving the middle finger and the brits people bowing down to pressure and saying sorry
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    adele is a great singer but i dont know why the media making a big deal that her speech got cut short and then her giving the middle finger and the brits people bowing down to pressure and saying sorry

There is far more offensive material shown on mainstream telly pre watershed, than the middle finger.

I'm offended that my ears are bleeding after that dirge served up by Blur.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm disappointed she accepted being told to shift... I seem to recall way back in 96 (I think) where one band was told to pretty much get off the stage by Chris Evans, instead of saying "Oh sorry, I'll move now". They turned round and said "It's gonna take more than f*cking ginger bollocks to get us off the stage";)

Todays artists lack that arrogance/confidence... whichever you want to call it. People too arsed about coming across as a saint to the world.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was pretty crap concidering she brought home 6 grammy's from America. They hyped up the Best Album award all night then didn't give her the opportunity to give a decent speech. I loved Blur back in the day and enjoyed their performance aswell.

The middle finger was to the suits not the fans!
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm disappointed she accepted being told to shift... I seem to recall way back in 96 (I think) where one band was told to pretty much get off the stage by Chris Evans, instead of saying "Oh sorry, I'll move now". They turned round and said "It's gonna take more than f*cking ginger bollocks to get us off the stage";)

Todays artists lack that arrogance/confidence... whichever you want to call it. People too arsed about coming across as a saint to the world.

I remember that. Possibly the greatest thing I've ever seen. I remember Noel commenting on the amount of drugs backstage once and how everyone was just shitfaced. It was so much better back in those days. It's all a joke now and far too toned down. It's a shame the BRITS has lost it's Rock N Roll ways. But what can you expect with shite like 1 direction winning awards.
  • mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    Good singer,but no class...those "suits" she insulted made a deal with ITV,and ITV would have had trouble if the news at ten started at 10.05pm.
    ITV have never liked cutting films in half for the news at ten either,but they have to answer to regulators.
    Adele could have acted with a little dignity "live" and then had a rant afterwards in the press.
    I read somewhere else that Jessie J said it was "sexism" - that is also laughable and more shit stirring.
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    I remember that. Possibly the greatest thing I've ever seen. I remember Noel commenting on the amount of drugs backstage once and how everyone was just shitfaced. It was so much better back in those days. It's all a joke now and far too toned down. It's a shame the BRITS has lost it's Rock N Roll ways. But what can you expect with shite like 1 direction winning awards.

Problem is people seem to run to OFCOM every time something slightly contraversial happens on tv these days..when Russell Brand hosted a few years back there were hundreds of complaints. I suppose main channels -BBC and ITV dont want the hassle of a big upset and having any sort of ofcom investigation so they want to keep everything in line but that takes away from the fun spontaneous energy the Brits used to have.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,789
    Forum Member
    mickmars wrote: »
    I read somewhere else that Jessie J said it was "sexism" - that is also laughable and more shit stirring.

Lily Allen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    Emilie Sande had her speech cut completely.
  • mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    Wasn't that long ago,the Brits were shown on TV "the day after" - the results were printed in the newspapers the next day and it somewhat spoiled the show for TV.
    The public and the performers wanted it "live and dangerous" - But,I guess,it backfired on Adele
  • RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't watch the Brits the other night as was watching stuff on BBC 1 at the time. But have read all about Adele. she won all those awards and then she doesn't get a chance to thank everybody that bought her records. To be cut short so a yesterday's news band and they weren't all that good back in the day. Blur. And I hear that Damon Allbran went on and on for ages.
    Adele shouldn't have given the finger up but she shouldn't have been cut short like that.
    Where was the person whose job it was to have all this sorted out before the acts took stage? Surely they would have had a rehersal beforehand?
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    mickmars wrote: »
    Wasn't that long ago,the Brits were shown on TV "the day after" - the results were printed in the newspapers the next day and it somewhat spoiled the show for TV.
    The public and the performers wanted it "live and dangerous" - But,I guess,it backfired on Adele

It was annoying that the results got spoilt but to be honest if they cant handle it being live then i guess they should take it back to the old way...its very strange that theres no way to allow for an overrun. They used to keep in all the Jarvis/Jacko type unpredictable moments in anyway, and it would generate a bit of a buzz when people heard something had happened so gaining more viewers. The only problem is the way the internet is now,,,every detail of the night will be out within seconds and people might not bother to tune in when they know exactly whats going to happen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Sifter22 wrote: »

Isn't it amazingly telling how we all perceive certain things to be acceptable in one context, but yet totally unacceptable in another. Apparently "rock and roll drug abuse" is ok. But being from London and not being skinny is apparently obtuse. Get the F**k out.

Adele slung an insult to the suits because she was in the middle of saying she was proud to fetch the grammys home to England. Whether you like her music or not, shes all for us. All for England. and she got cut short of saying that, and personally, I'd be pretty pissed off If I didnt get the chance to say that.

For the people that are bored of her wearing black, think on this. Whilst you bully her and call her fat, shes trying to conform, to make YOU happy. Let her be and get a life. Shes not a baddie, by any stretch of the imagination.
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    imnotjesus wrote: »
    Adele slung an insult to the suits because she was in the middle of saying she was proud to fetch the grammys home to England. Whether you like her music or not, shes all for us. All for England. and she got cut short of saying that, and personally, I'd be pretty pissed off If I didnt get the chance to say that.
    That might explain it then! Perhaps the producer was Welsh, or Scottish, and got annoyed at her confusing England with Britain!:p

Seriously though, the chat about being proud of bringing Grammyies back home should be saved for the press conference. She had plenty of opportunities to thank fans, and it really wasn't half as big a crisis as some people are making out.

It's much more pathetic that fans say that it's OK, because the finger was "to the suits" than I ever was about Adele doing it in the heat of the moment.
  • m1pnkm1pnk Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seems the girl can swear even when she is not talking.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    imnotjesus wrote: »
    Isn't it amazingly telling how we all perceive certain things to be acceptable in one context, but yet totally unacceptable in another. Apparently "rock and roll drug abuse" is ok. But being from London and not being skinny is apparently obtuse. Get the F**k out.

For the people that are bored of her wearing black, think on this. Whilst you bully her and call her fat, shes trying to conform, to make YOU happy. Let her be and get a life. Shes not a baddie, by any stretch of the imagination.

When have I ever commented on what Adele looks like?