Kay Burley on Frankie Boyle.

oathyoathy Posts: 32,627
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• sandy4268sandy4268 Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    So, she repeats the 'offensive' joke.
    Frankie says this stuff as part of his stand up, his audience and viewers no what to expect.
    Anyone repeating it on an unsuspecting wider audience has a lot more to answer for.
    I'm not saying I find it funny, but he is certainly funnier than Kay Burley.
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahhhh all these lovely people deciding they are the arbiter of 'good taste'.
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Kay Burley on Frankie Boyle" ... now there's a piece of gossip I never thought I'd read.
  • sbuggsbugg Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's not a funny bloke, just nasty, my opinion, don't argue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course Saint Kay of Sky has never offended anybody
    during any of her broadcasts on TV. Kettle and pot me thinks
  • TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Used to like him but he seems to have just decided to be as offensive as possible now. I once received an e-mail from his website which started 'Yo N*ggers'.

Nice.
  • You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't she the one who made Peter Andre cry?
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I once received an e-mail from his website which started 'Yo N*ggers'.

Nice.

All just irony, of course.
  • SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    I like him on Mock the Week, but Tramadol Nights isn't that funny. I also caught him doing stand up on possibly Comedy Central (not sure, I was flicking channels and stopped because it was him) and that wasn't particularly funny either (probably because I'd heard all the jokes before on Mock the Week).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sbugg wrote: »
    He's not a funny bloke, just nasty, my opinion, don't argue.

He's bloody hilarious - happy to hit any target, including himself.
  • Manly BarrilowManly Barrilow Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Kay Burley extremely offensive and she shouldn't be allowed on TV ever!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally, I prefer comedians like Emo Phillips, Demetri Martin, Stephen Wright et al. I laugh at most of their jokes. But if they fail to make me laugh, I don't write to the Daily Mail.

The comments beneath KB's blog are fascinating. There are a number of people wishing cancer on FB or his fans to "see how funny they find him then". So you have FB who tells a joke who's intention ultimately is to make his audience laugh; and people outside his audience wishing cancer on him. And they think themselves superior to him.

A joke is just that; a joke. Nobody gets to decide whether or not it is, in fact funny but the listener alone. I decide whether something is funny to me, not anyone else and certainly not KB.
  • mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kay who's got violent tendencies shouldn't be really be giving her opinion on whats offensive although her skynews interviews have been described as that a few times.

I don't like news readers / news show hosts having blog sites, leave that to the politicos or money correspondents !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stonegiant wrote: »

A joke is just that; a joke. Nobody gets to decide whether or not it is, in fact funny but the listener alone. I decide whether something is funny to me, not anyone else and certainly not KB.

Round of applause.

Sanity at last:)
  • CrimsonmonCrimsonmon Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I certainly don't watch, but this is what the papers report

Stopped reading there.
  • TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All just irony, of course.

Yes. I love a bit of ironic racism me.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    I wish Kay would stop watching Fox News for interview tips. Silly cow.
  • The NetThe Net Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    I have to agree with the comment above. Ok it may well be offensive to some but WHY REPEAT IT???? In full????

As the point as been made if she doesn't like that style of comedy she doesn't have to listen to it.
  • MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Kay Burley offensive.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,684
    Forum Member
    The Net wrote: »
    I have to agree with the comment above. Ok it may well be offensive to some but WHY REPEAT IT???? In full????

As the point as been made if she doesn't like that style of comedy she doesn't have to listen to it.

I know what you mean, its like the lady who had a child with Downs Syndrome and went to the gig - she said she was a fan so "knew what to expect".. I can understand why it upset her but then she repeats the joke as well.
  • cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't worry, the entire eastern seaboard of Frankie Boyle's career has gone down.
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kay smells a band wagon.

For an employee of Murdoch to be lecturing anyone on good taste is irony in the extreme.

Yep, a lot of us may find Boyle terribly unfunny but thats for the public to decide not mouth-all-mighties like Burley---well done on repeating the tasteless joke as well--daft cow.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this coming from a woman who physically attacks people in public...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/06/20/article-1028007-01AF634200000578-872_468x355_popup.jpg
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this coming from a woman who physically attacks people in public...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/06/20/article-1028007-01AF634200000578-872_468x355_popup.jpg

See this is where things aren't so black and white for me.

A media scrum trying to get photos of Naomi Campbell--as far as I am concerned they all have free reign to kick cobs out of each other.A few arbitrary killings would be okay as well.

At the end of it all surely the world would be a slightly better place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    Kay Burlotomy has picked a fight she thinks she actually can win..!
    search for her on DS, she's to journalism what George Dubya was to diplomacy.