Mad Men BBC repeats

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
Forum Member
Didn't the BBC say they would repeat the first three series? Series One was shown, but then no more. Were they cross because Sky outbid them?

Comments

• alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    They repeated them on BBC4 before the recent new series. I think they have given up on getting an audience on BBC2.
  • MoontakerMoontaker Posts: 3,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the repeat of the first series too and then realised 2 and 3 weren't going to be on (didn't see them on BBC4 at that time).

I took advantage of LoveFilm free for a month and managed to watch 2 and 3 on DVD before offer ran out and then closed my account. It was a Mad Men overload but worth it.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I have the DVD set and I am on to Series 2!! I never realised that women were treated so badly in the early 60s. The attitude of the men is appalling!!
  • albundy73albundy73 Posts: 2,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the DVD set and I am on to Series 2!! I never realised that women were treated so badly in the early 60s. The attitude of the men is appalling!!

Although the attitude of most of the men is appalling not all of them are the same. Don't forget Don took Peggy out of the secretary pool and gave her a chance and seems to want her to succeed.