is the hype starting to fade for One Direction?

Comments

• zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Wow. An objective post from zeze88. What is the world coming too? :eek: :D:p

I have always been objective:)

If you read my posts again, you will see I have never said 1 bad word about 1D or that they aren't popular. My biggest issue with them is over the top media exposure they have and the fact they exaggerate their success - that is all.
  • coun3spicecoun3spice Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you call singing the most boring cover songs ever at 3bpm and standing up off the stools for the obligatory key change talent, then yes, I agree :D

sadly no... singing for me is purely singing as it is, the voice alone regardless of the other things artist do when they sing, the dance, drama effects and everything.. purely SINGING :)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    coun3spice wrote: »
    sadly no... singing for me is purely singing as it is, the voice alone regardless of the other things artist do when they sing, the dance, drama effects and everything.. purely SINGING :)

So that makes Westlife talented? Well I give them credit for being able to carry some sort of a tune, but jeez they are like watching paint dry! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So that makes Westlife talented? Well I give them credit for being able to carry some sort of a tune, but jeez they are like watching paint dry! :p

yes!

maybe if you can sing like them, i can also call you talented...OR on the contrary, if anybody or should i say all of us in the world are able to make a tune LIKE THEM... i cant credit them for being talented in terms of singing after all everybody can do that!

i didnt mean to say anything unlikely to 1D but one main thing they've got why they are successful is their looks... without it i cant think of them topping the charts with the kind or level of "singing talent" that they have. :)
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Savyannah wrote: »
    It's the way that you act like you know them on a personal level, which you don't that's why your responsives are pointless.

Actually you have just described your self. Jovali and I have given you nothing but facts and you tell us that our responsives are pointless!

So I guess discussing anything with you is actually pointless. You can't stand 1D and their fans and we like them and some of their fans (there are some rabid ones on twitter but they are easy to avoid!) end of discussion
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes!

maybe if you can sing like them, i can also call you talented...OR on the contrary, if anybody or should i say all of us in the world are able to make a tune LIKE THEM... i cant credit them for being talented in terms of singing after all everybody can do that!

i didnt mean to say anything unlikely to 1D but one main thing they've got why they are successful is their looks... without it i cant think of them topping the charts with the kind or level of "singing talent" that they have. :)

Do you think westlife would have been as successful as they are without looks? Boy bands (whether they can sing or not) have to be good looking to appeal to their demograph
  • SavyannahSavyannah Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote: »
    Actually you have just described your self. Jovali and I have given you nothing but facts and you tell us that our responsives are pointless!

So I guess discussing anything with you is actually pointless. You can't stand 1D and their fans and we like them and some of their fans (there are some rabid ones on twitter but they are easy to avoid!) end of discussion

No I have just expressed my opinion the problem is you don't like it so you feel the need to continue to try and prove yourself right which is pointless because it's my opinion and it won't be changed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think westlife would have been as successful as they are without looks? Boy bands (whether they can sing or not) have to be good looking to appeal to their demograph

The looks are very important in a boyband of course. I think coun3spice meant to say that Westlife wouldn't be successful for 14 years if they didn't have 2 very powerful lead singers. Looks are very important in the beginning, but after the craze fades away, singing is what interests the fans. Because I know Westlife fans stopped talking about their looks after a while - it's the singing and performing that counts the most in the end.
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're performing on X Factor as i type (Aussie version) Oh my god they're so over rated.

And they needed Ed Sheeran to write this? Ever heard of writing your own material lads?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    The looks are very important in a boyband of course. I think coun3spice meant to say that Westlife wouldn't be successful for 14 years if they didn't have 2 very powerful lead singers. Looks are very important in the beginning, but after the craze fades away, singing is what interests the fans. Because I know Westlife fans stopped talking about their looks after a while - it's the singing and performing that counts the most in the end.

exactly... that's my point... !

so stop
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    They're performing on X Factor as i type (Aussie version) Oh my god they're so over rated.

And they needed Ed Sheeran to write this ever heard of writing your own material lads?

On how many X Factors they were so far?

UK, US, Australia, Sweden, I think Italy (I could be wrong though...)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On how many X Factors they were so far?

UK, US, Australia, Sweden, I think Italy (I could be wrong though...)

But that is true of all successful X Factor acts. Cher Lloyd, Rebecca, Leona and Alexander have all done the rounds certainly in Europe and Cher is on USA in the next few weeks.

The australia one was done ages ago . They also appeared on France's dancing with the stars
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    exactly... that's my point... !

so stop

But you didn't explain your point whereas ZeZe did :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But that is true of all successful X Factor acts. Cher Lloyd, Rebecca, Leona and Alexander have all done the rounds certainly in Europe and Cher is on USA in the next few weeks.

The australia one was done ages ago . They also appeared on France's dancing with the stars

I didn't think nothing of it - I was just asking a question on how many X Factor they appeared, that's all. Don't look at everything as the attack:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't think nothing of it - I was just asking a question on how many X Factor they appeared, that's all. Don't look at everything as the attack:)

:D:D I was stating facts not attacking you at all! Sheesh peace :D
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched a few interviews of One Direction and they are just so boring, so media trained. I would rather watch a Mcfly interview.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Watched a few interviews of One Direction and they are just so boring, so media trained. I would rather watch a Mcfly interview.

I think that's because they are completely made up boyband. What I mean, if Simon hadn't put them together, they would have never been 1D. Plus, they had a great training opportunity in every department (singing, performing, interviews...) during the show - unlike older boybands that didn't have X Factor advantage, who were immediately thrown in the music industry. So yes, I'm sure they are media trained - Simon is a control freak.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Savyannah wrote: »
    Aww cute your simple mind can't handle my opinion so your resort to attacking my typing ability and spelling, bless go back to nap time love, mummies preparing her breast milk for you now

lol, I have a Bsc (hons) + Postgrad qualifications...how's that for a simple mind.

I have no issue with people not sharing my musical (excellent) taste but it is hilarious when an individual insults somebody else's intelligence whilst failing to grasp basic English grammar :D ever heard of the expression "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?"

By the way, it's "mummy's" not "mummies" :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »

And they needed Ed Sheeran to write this? Ever heard of writing your own material lads?

They have co-written a number of the tracks on the albums but in any case there are plenty of brilliant songwriters out there who can't sing who'd be out of work if nobody used their songs!
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope their hype has gone down a bit. But that always seems to be the case with X Factor artists.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But you didn't explain your point whereas ZeZe did :D

i was about to post a reply to explain, then read a reply from zeze stating exactly what i want to say...

thanks zeze anyway.. haha lol
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    Jenni_Long wrote: »
    lol, I have a Bsc (hons) + Postgrad qualifications...how's that for a simple mind.

I have no issue with people not sharing my musical (excellent) taste but it is hilarious when an individual insults somebody else's intelligence whilst failing to grasp basic English grammar :D ever heard of the expression "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?"

By the way, it's "mummy's" not "mummies" :p

I agree...I recently graduated and I like 1D....so what?

It's hilarious to be judged on your intelligence based on the music you like. So if you listen to Opera that must mean you have the highest IQ.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done to the boys getting number one this week in USA with 540,000 units sold of their sophomore album.

In answer to the OP no the hype hasn't faded yet
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For all 1D fans, apparently they sold:

26K in Japan
    40K in France
    69K in Canada
    Possibly 25K in Netherlands

This is all very good, but we will have to just wait and see how will the overall sales be in the end - will they manage to sell more than 3 million copies worldwide or not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For all 1D fans, apparently they sold:

26K in Japan
    40K in France
    69K in Canada
    Possibly 25K in Netherlands

This is all very good, but we will have to just wait and see how will the overall sales be in the end - will they manage to sell more than 3 million copies worldwide or not.

Well they've already sold just over a million this week with TMH worldwide. So there already off to a good start.