Options

BGA - Bad Girls Anonymous (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my! Yes! They (imo) were the low point of Series 4. I preferred Cassie over Roison though. I was glad when they left.

I also was never no fan of Denny Blood either however I did like her more when she had scenes with Shell. Denny and Shaz together just didn't do it for me. I wasn't keen on Shaz at all.

I quite liked Al McKenzie though. I liked her more softer nature in series 5/6.

Roisin was just annoying. I couldn't abide her at all. Their storyline arc was just rather pointless.

I never liked Shaz either. She was also annoying.

I liked Tina Purvis (O'Kane) and Maxie Pervis. Was never fond of Al either.
  • Options
    tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Roisin was just annoying. I couldn't abide her at all. Their storyline arc was just rather pointless.

I liked Maxi too! She was a b*tch but a good one.

I found her death scene really harrowing to watch. It looked very real and I think taken from a story where a woman did actually choose that method of suicide in prison.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I found her death scene really harrowing to watch. It looked very real and I think taken from a story where a woman did actually choose that method of suicide in prison.

The most harrowing death in Bad Girls, for me, was Rachel Hicks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The most harrowing death in Bad Girls, for me, was Rachel Hicks.

Oh yes :( that was sad. The ones that had "impact" (well I felt anyway) was Rachel's, Maxi and Yvonne.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes :( that was sad. The ones that had "impact" (well I felt anyway) was Rachel's, Maxi and Yvonne.

I like how, even after her death, Yvonne was very prominent throughout series 6 with Fenner's hauntings of her in the cell.

Speaking of Fenner, his death was rather disappointing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like how, even after her death, Yvonne was very prominent throughout series 6 with Fenner's hauntings of her in the cell.

Speaking of Fenner, his death was rather disappointing.

I'd say Yvonne pretty much carried on her 'legacy' throughout series 6 and series 7 (because that was the reason Fenner was murdered in the first place).

I thought Fenner's death was quite fitting actually, being ironic that it was in the hanging cell where Yvonne was trapped by him. Especially when he's "zoning out" and you can faintly hear her screams etc. It's very very haunting. The Yvonne death storyline gave me chills.

I never forget the Julies going down to lay flowers for Yvonne in the hanging cell and her scratch marks were still in the wall. That made me feel all weird! :eek: I'm alright now though :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say Yvonne pretty much carried on her 'legacy' throughout series 6 and series 7 (because that was the reason Fenner was murdered in the first place).

I thought Fenner's death was quite fitting actually, being ironic that it was in the hanging cell where Yvonne was trapped by him. Especially when he's "zoning out" and you can faintly hear her screams etc. It's very very haunting. The Yvonne death storyline gave me chills.

I never forget the Julies going down to lay flowers for Yvonne in the hanging cell and her scratch marks were still in the wall. That made me feel all weird! :eek: I'm alright now though :p

I just thought the icicle killing was a bit silly :o
    But the episode was quite good. It was very fitting that he died in the same place Yvonne did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just thought the icicle killing was a bit silly :o
    But the episode was quite good. It was very fitting that he died in the same place Yvonne did.

Yeah the icicle bit was random but I suppose a new murder weapon was invented :D I was also quite sad/shocked it was Julie J who did it too. But then on the flip side the Julies have been in the show since day one and had seen all of Fenner's goings-on over the years so sort of made sense too.

BG was deffo OTT but sort of believable at the same time. I really loved it. I still do. I just wish there was another series :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah the icicle bit was random but I suppose a new murder weapon was invented :D I was also quite sad/shocked it was Julie J who did it too. But then on the flip side the Julies have been in the show since day one and had seen all of Fenner's goings-on over the years so sort of made sense too.

BG was deffo OTT but sort of believable at the same time. I really loved it. I still do. I just wish there was another series :(

Didn't Tina give him poisoned cheese on a stick as well? :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Tina give him poisoned cheese on a stick as well? :D:D

Yes :D

Individually all the inmates contributed a little something to Fenner popping off :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Darlene and Janine [I think I've got the names right] helped with the rat poison thorn, shot through a straw lol.
  • Options
    welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    classic shot through the straw... when everyone went down being sick from that drink they made
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know which characters I found to be absolutely pointless and boring? Roisin Connor and Cassie Tyler.

Ahh see, when I first watched Series 4 again on DVD I thought exactly the same as you. But they grew on me when I watched again and I really like them now. Their storyline is one of my favourites of Series 4. I found them very believable and it was sad to see them go. I guess there was nowhere else for their story arc to go though, so they probably left at the right time.

I loved Tina, but I really didn't like Maxi. I felt she didn't offer much to the show and I found her quite boring really. I thought it was the right decision to kill her off. Her death was really well done I thought. I didn't like Al either but I'm glad they explored a deeper side to her at the end of Series 5.
  • Options
    Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to be on a brilliant bad girls forum years ago but it just packed up and ended one day!
    Been rewatching my dvds a lot lately too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diane_Rob wrote: »
    I used to be on a brilliant bad girls forum years ago but it just packed up and ended one day!
    Been rewatching my dvds a lot lately too

What series have you been watching?

I haven't watched my DVDs for a good few months now. I've started watching Wentworth Prison on Channel 5 though which has been quite good so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What series have you been watching?

I haven't watched my DVDs for a good few months now. I've started watching Wentworth Prison on Channel 5 though which has been quite good so far.

I plan to watch that too :) And I'm on series two at the moment, watching them all in order :) I like some of the latter series even though some say they lost their grittiness, I thought series 7 was quite dark
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diane_Rob wrote: »
    I plan to watch that too :) And I'm on series two at the moment, watching them all in order :) I like some of the latter series even though some say they lost their grittiness, I thought series 7 was quite dark

Series 2 was the last series I watched back in June. I just watch series and episodes at random these days! I haven't actually watched all of them in order for ages.
  • Options
    jojo2008jojo2008 Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I started watching Series 6 the other week,. I haven't watched them all in order for years now
  • Options
    Rose-AddictRose-Addict Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those first few episodes of Series 6 are brill, especially with Frances on the warpath. :D

Huge chunks of S4 and 5 were a mixed bag for me - I'd have to opt for S2 as my favourite with S7 close behind.

I do miss this show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm midway through series three now, loved Shell's escape, some really great stuff! Shell was so funny haha

Are there any other TV shows like Bad Girls? Not necessarily set in prison, but with similar kind of characters and plots? Sounds a long shot I guess. I swear I also read years ago that Yvonne's exit was similar to another character from another show? (I don't know if it was 'prisoner' as I've never watched it)
  • Options
    felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    We have another former Bad Girl in Eastenders now! After Luisa Bradshaw-White (Lorna Rose) was cast as Shirley's sister, Kellie Bright (Cassie Tyler - who actually had her eye on Yvonne at one point!) has now been cast as her sister-in-law.

Bad Girls must surely have surpassed The Bill by now for the show-that-has-shared-the-most-cast-members-with-Eastenders title?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    I've just been re-watching the show. I watched the whole thing from start to finish and then I downloaded it and am now doing the same. I love it! :D

I was only 9 when it started, so i missed quite a bit of it. I only really remembered moments from S3 onwards. I was also in secondary school during S4-8 so I used to miss it a lot. So watching it back is like discovering the show for the first time.

I love 1-6, 7 has some amazing moments too but S8 felt like a spin off.
  • Options
    Cal2008Cal2008 Posts: 2,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    watching bad girls on cbs drama last night cannot beleave its 7 years next month since the end.
  • Options
    bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    I'm currently re-watching Bad Girls from start-to-finish and I'm on series 5. I still miss the show and the state of the show when it ended was awful. I do feel that series 8 was more of a transitional series and that if it was given another chance it could have been great! I also miss this fantastic thread!

I still think the show could deliver if it was bought back. I had an idea about how now that enough time has passed, the show could see Lauren Atkins on G-Wing, where she finds Jim Fenner's son, Tom Fenner. With a mix of old and new characters I do think the show could be given another run!
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV must bring this show back. Even if it's new cast and new prison, but some connection to the previous series. In general, there are television shows that are set in prison.