Options

warts n all "What Happens in Kavos", or cutesie "Magaluf Weekender" ??

Paulo LeedsPaulo Leeds Posts: 2,721
Forum Member
✭✭✭
which do you prefer? :)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    I love Magaluf Weekender, gutted it's the last one of the series next week. Kavos was not as good, still I am a sucker for these tacky teen holiday shows :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah i prefer Magaluf Weekender too. really enjoyed the series! thought it was worth mentioned though as it's funny how there's 2 shows with a similar subject but with a totally different vibe on telly at the same time :)
  • Options
    DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yea the Magaluff weekender is good, its more like a soap with getting to know the reps

Tho inn sure it was filmed in a diff order than OS being showed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DamienS wrote: »

what makes you say that?
  • Options
    rubberduck3y6rubberduck3y6 Posts: 18,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yea the Magaluff weekender is good, its more like a soap with getting to know the reps
    Yeah that's what I like about it as well - the way it's edited to give each episode quite a strong 'storyline'.
  • Options
    mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're both easy tv, love making it a predictable dirty threesome with s.s & suspich parents!
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always felt dirty after watching Kavos! :D And yet I watched all three episodes.

Really liking The Magaluf Weekender. I thought it would be just like Kavos but I guess it is quite cute. They're all fairly normal people (granted some of them are a bit dim!) and these days it seems quite unusual to find yourself rooting for anyone on reality TV because usually it's just a bunch of freaks. The Magaluf Weekender sometimes seems closer to The Inbetweeners movie than What Happens in Kavos!

The reps provide some continuity but as someone said, I think it has been shown out of order because there aren't particularly strong links from one episode to the next. Maybe something they'll work on for the second series. But the guests always mean that each episode has a strong format charting their weekend and one or two storylines which dominate (the reps usually being secondary storylines each week).

Nice simple format and it's doing really well so I'm sure it'll be back. Between this, The Big Reunion and Fake Reaction I'm watching far more ITV2 than I ever have before.

PS: It's also not a "weekend" - as shown by the fact that they were all there for someone's birthday on a Wednesday. #pedantic. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a big difference i guess is that the people on Magaluf Weekender (not the reps) hardly seem to get any "action", whereas on Kavos they all claim to be shagging loads of people :p
  • Options
    rubberduck3y6rubberduck3y6 Posts: 18,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    PS: It's also not a "weekend" - as shown by the fact that they were all there for someone's birthday on a Wednesday. #pedantic. :o
    And in the last episode those two lads got their exam results on the last day of their "weekend". Results always come out on a Thursday I think (or at least a weekday).
  • Options
    scragendscragend Posts: 423
    Forum Member

I got the impression that last Sunday's episode was out of sequence.

Early in the episode it mentioned Imogen and Jordan - the reps - getting it on as though it was the first time it happened between them, but I'm sure in one of the earlier episodes it had already happened.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scragend wrote: »
    I got the impression that last Sunday's episode was out of sequence.

Early in the episode it mentioned Imogen and Jordan - the reps - getting it on as though it was the first time it happened between them, but I'm sure in one of the earlier episodes it had already happened.

I noticed that too, I thought they'd mentioned in the first episode that Imogen and Jordan had had a bit of a thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    I watched all three Kavos episodes [reminded me a bit of the old Club Reps series, which was all about Club 18-30] but I've only managed one of the Magaluf Weekender episodes - it wasn't for me lol. :)
  • Options
    Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two very different shows. One is reality tv, while the other is pure soap.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The teens in these programmes probably do catch "warts'n'all"!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what makes you say that?

The fact that Imogen and Jordan slept together as if its the first time, even tho every other episode had referenced it. Plus the two female reps seemedlike they hadnt theirtheir fight yet loll.

Plus Jordan gave that girl the ring, and said how its never failed, but last week he tried it and failed. Etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey, didn't expect the lesbian story arch
  • Options
    jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the Magaluf Weekender as we had the same reps each week and got use to them. I interviewed Jordan on my radio show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4KxSbgu09I

I didnt really enjoy Kavos Uncovered though
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we loved the world-weary doctors and nurses in Kavos

they have seen it all before. every week probably
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Kavos every time. Even I, who lives in Camden Town and thought I've seen it all am SHOCKED. Mainly at the godawful tattoos but other things too. I could watch them lot limping into A&E and the sexual health clinics all day!

Whereas Magaluf is so predictable and tame, I don't know who Jordan is or why they focus on him but I'm not remotely interested to find out either.
  • Options
    justjjustj Posts: 5,334
    Forum Member
    What happens in kavos hands down everytime
  • Options
    wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The voice and unbelievably unfunny script of the narrator of MW makes the show unwatchable........that's before you even get on to the thick desperadoes that we are meant to think are anything other than manipulated stooges.A national embarrassment.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both of them make me mad. Both of them are diabolical and every person in these 2 programmes should not be encouraged in any shape or form.