Adele Definitely Will Not Attend The Brit Awards

Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well guys, we knew she wasn't performing but I was hoping she'd at least appear and give out an award or something because her speech's are brilliant. She's in LA until after the Oscars (24th Feb) and the Brits are on the 20th.

Wonder if it has anything to do with how she was treated last year. Oh well.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a457889/adele-talks-new-album-im-having-lots-of-meetings.html

Comments

• Apollo CreedApollo Creed Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That will save the organizers a fortune on the buffet. Boom boom

In all honesty I think Adele is very attractive. The only reason people see her as fat is because she is compared to the likes Rihanna and Beyonce. I'm not a fan of her music but I think it's brilliant that someone so natural can become such a star.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Likely she has better things to do. She is working on a new album and isn't up for any major awards
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    Good. The hype is already at fever pitch with The Grammys and Oscars, and her last two Brit appearances made it almost impossible to avoid hearing about her over here. If she isn't having this 5-year break that was speculated, I hope she takes her time with the next album. Hopefully its title will be 45 :p
  • gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent news, but her understudy has been wheeled out again who is just as annoying.
  • Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    getty wrote: »
    Excellent news, but her understudy has been wheeled out again who is just as annoying.

Nope she's far more annoying. At least Adele has personality..even if you do find it annoying.
  • PCRosePCRose Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's beginning to really irritate me with this cockney li'l old me thing.:rolleyes:
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    getty wrote: »

lol:D
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PCRose wrote: »
    She's beginning to really irritate me with this cockney li'l old me thing.:rolleyes:

Agreed!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    PCRose wrote: »

Didn't the Brits school find and nurture her anyway? So her having attitude last year when they made her is a bit laughable. She gets on my bloody nerves and both the last album 56 or whatever it was called is so overated its un-real! I mean their are not that many strong songs on it to begin with. She has the big star attitude but sorry for me boring tunes.:sleep:
  • DSWNSMDSWNSM Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That will save the organizers a fortune on the buffet. Boom boom

In all honesty I think Adele is very attractive. The only reason people see her as fat is because she is compared to the likes Rihanna and Beyonce. I'm not a fan of her music but I think it's brilliant that someone so natural can become such a star.

No, people call her fat because she is fat. I hate it when people say that normal looking girls need to lose weight ( like one of the members from little mix, i don't know her name ) but saying Adele isn't fat is just a lie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares if she's not thin?

This woman has won almost every award going, she's British and we should be proud of her.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    MrsOrin wrote: »

This woman has won almost every award going, she's British and we should be proud of her.

Hear, hear.
  • Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DSWNSM wrote: »
    No, people call her fat because she is fat. I hate it when people say that normal looking girls need to lose weight ( like one of the members from little mix, i don't know her name ) but saying Adele isn't fat is just a lie.

She's maybe overweight but she always looks good in her dresses and she does have a pretty face. Lovely make up she wears.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    MrsOrin wrote: »

Why should we? I don't care where a singer comes from, as long as I like their music. Most of Adele's stuff bores me!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well guys, we knew she wasn't performing but I was hoping she'd at least appear and give out an award or something because her speech's are brilliant. She's in LA until after the Oscars (24th Feb) and the Brits are on the 20th.

Wonder if it has anything to do with how she was treated last year. Oh well.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a457889/adele-talks-new-album-im-having-lots-of-meetings.html

As she is performing at the Oscars it seems a bit silly to fly all the way back to the UK for an award show she isn't really nominated for. Of course she's up for best song but it's fan voted and will probably go to Olly Murs. Adele has a baby now so I imagine flying back and forth all the time takes it's toll.
  • Apollo CreedApollo Creed Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DSWNSM wrote: »

Define fat. She is undeniably overweight but she isn't what I consider fat. Look at her last night (link below). She's not someone you'd walk past in the street and immediately think 'she's fat'. She's fat for the industry she is in and that's the reason all the fat jokes are made. If she served me behind a checkout I wouldn't say 'that flat lass served me'.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/984075/thumbs/o-ADELE-GRAMMYS-570.jpg?6
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clancey83 wrote: »
    As she is performing at the Oscars it seems a bit silly to fly all the way back to the UK for an award show she isn't really nominated for. Of course she's up for best song but it's fan voted and will probably go to Olly Murs. Adele has a baby now so I imagine flying back and forth all the time takes it's toll.

I suppose. It would have been nice though for her to make her big comeback at the place that made her (Brit school) and y'know at her home nations award show.

Ughh Olly Murrs. The Brits will be dire this year. From James Cordens rubbish presenting again; 3 years, really?! He's not even good or funny to the bland performances that will occur.

Also I cannot beleive they have axed the International Breakthrough award and the Outstanding Contribution to Music Award :eek::mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose. It would have been nice though for her to make her big comeback at the place that made her (Brit school) and y'know at her home nations award show.

I understand. Although it's not really a big comeback yet so I think it is the better option to perform Skyfall at the Oscars. She'll be back next year though I'm sure :)

And as I said, she probably won't win the one award she is nominated for so I can imagine the kind of stick she would get if she did show up.

Besides, it's nice of her to let lesser artists have their moment of glory :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand. Although it's not really a big comeback yet so I think it is the better option to perform Skyfall at the Oscars. She'll be back next year though I'm sure :)

And as I said, she probably won't win the one award she is nominated for so I can imagine the kind of stick she would get if she did show up.

Besides, it's nice of her to let lesser artists have their moment of glory :)

I hope so.

If she does win that will be very awkward since she's probably the only nominee in that category that wont show up.

I suppose. The Brits do look like a snore fest this year though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adele`s beauty outshines most off these perfectly slim & miserable stars in the industry imo she`s not what many might see as perfect but she always seems happy

i was happy she won the grammy for SFTTR love that song, Is she up for anything at the Brits?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    Adele`s beauty outshines most off these perfectly slim & miserable stars in the industry imo she`s not what many might see as perfect but she always seems happy

i was happy she won the grammy for SFTTR love that song, Is she up for anything at the Brits?

It's funny you say that because Kelly Clarkson isn't a size zero (she's still beautiful) and she also seems up-beat and happy, especially when compared to most of the size 0's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope so.

If she does win that will be very awkward since she's probably the only nominee in that category that wont show up.

I suppose. The Brits do look like a snore fest this year though.

It does look dull this year.

In my opinion she should've won best single last year with 'Someone Like You' but it went to One Direction because of their fans so I can't see her winning with Skyfall.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In my opinion she should've won best single last year with 'Someone Like You' but it went to One Direction because of their fans so I can't see her winning with Skyfall.

I know. She was robbed and that's the problem with fan-voted awards. Credibility/talent/artistry goes out the window for the latest teen sensation.
  • pasodabblepasodabble Posts: 5,865
    Forum Member

Thr Best Single category rules have been changed this year (thank goodness) and the winner will now be decided by the Brit awards panel.
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She might be a bit if a chubster, but she's very pretty :)