Options

Im angry!!

Hayley_babyHayley_baby Posts: 15,825
Forum Member
✭✭
Today someone put some newspaper through my door and i was reading it, turned out to be some religious nonsense talking about have you lost your job etc life is rubbish then god has cursed you!!
On the next page there talking about these woman who was healed from her cancer by buying one of the churches welcome packs WTF!!! It just disturbs me to know that some people will read it and believe it true. Its disgusting!! :mad:
Why are people allowed to print such nonsense??

Comments

• Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was it Watchtower or something far more insidious, the Daily Mail columns
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always need something to read when sat on the bog, May as well be a load of shit hope I get one next.
  • Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's called Freedom of Expression! It's also falls under Freedom of Conscience and Religion!

I'd advise you to take your anger and find somewhere else to place it.
  • Options
    Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its also called extorting money under false pretences and should not be protected by freedom of religion. Curing cancer by buying their stuff, indeed. Talk about preying on the desparate and needy.
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only get leaflets for takeaways and clothes donation bags,apart from mail.

At least its not a couple of shirt and tie herberts sitting next to someone, i.e me on a hot sweaty bus asking how I am.
    That I find really annoying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    I am feeling really angry too but not because of your reading material. Aaaargh. Away for a glass of wine and to kick some doors.
  • Options
    gamez-fangamez-fan Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i generally only get annoyed when a bill drops through my letterbox
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    put it on a bonfire and send it on it's way :D
  • Options
    CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    Today someone put some newspaper through my door and i was reading it, turned out to be some religious nonsense talking about have you lost your job etc life is rubbish then god has cursed you!!
    On the next page there talking about these woman who was healed from her cancer by buying one of the churches welcome packs WTF!!! It just disturbs me to know that some people will read it and believe it true. Its disgusting!! :mad:

If something that petty makes you angry enough to stew for a few hours before ranting on the internet I'd suggest you seek professional help for your anger management.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't waste your energy being angry. Just chuck it away and forget it for the nonsense it is.

They are entitled to print it, but you don't have to take it seriously.

Reserve your anger for something more meaningful in your life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    I wouldn't waste your energy being angry. Just chuck it away and forget it for the nonsense it is.

They are entitled to print it, but you don't have to take it seriously.

Reserve your anger for something more meaningful in your life.

I wouldnt even say Im that angry anymore but I still find it distubing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caldari wrote: »
    If something that petty makes you angry enough to stew for a few hours before ranting on the internet I'd suggest you seek professional help for your anger management.

I only read it about an hour ago so I wasnt stewing for hours & if I thought I needed professional help I would take it.
  • Options
    bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    I wouldnt even say Im that angry anymore but I still find it distubing.

You forgot outrage, never forget the outrage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bazzaroo wrote: »
    You forgot outrage, never forget the outrage.

lol :D
  • Options
    bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    lol :D

See, you're smiling again already, :) now have a ****/beer/spliff/vodka or whatever floats your boat, pop the silly little paper in the recycle bin and enjoy your evening, life's very easy really!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bazzaroo wrote: »
    See, you're smiling again already, :) now have a ****/beer/spliff/vodka or whatever floats your boat, pop the silly little paper in the recycle bin and enjoy your evening, life's very easy really!

lol thanks bazzaroo :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member

Don't let it get you angry, read it one night when youre bored and have a good laugh at these saddos
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simmer down, love. Just bin it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Give us a link to your story.
  • Options
    agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    I'm not angry.
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    If I received a leaflet claiming buying something from a religious organisation may cure cancer I wouldn't be happy either, disgusting.
  • Options
    Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd save it - it will come in handy when you run out of toilet roll!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    sounds like a scam.