Is it me or is 2014 being hyped up more than any other New Year of recent times?

2»

Comments

• Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JJ75 wrote: »
    Maybe its because you are sensitive.

Or maybe things are just different in my area? *rolleyes*
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JJ75 wrote: »
    Have to agree. Maybe its because you are sensitive.

It might be hyped up a bit in Scotland, as 2014 / 2015 is potentially the moment Scotland votes for total independence.

Or doesn't.
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2012 was by FAR the most hyped up year. Everyone was hyping up the Olympics, Diamond Jubilee, 50th anniversary of Bond and of course the end of the world.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2012 was by FAR the most hyped up year. Everyone was hyping up the Olympics, Diamond Jubilee, 50th anniversary of Bond and of course the end of the world.

2012 was pretty exhausting. I'm still looking forward to a couple of weeks time when people stop name dropping the New Year this year, personally.
  • necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2012 was pretty exhausting. I'm still looking forward to a couple of weeks time when people stop name dropping the New Year this year, personally.

I personally haven't heard anyone harp on about the new year or new years resolutions or anything like that since 2nd January. It doesn't take like for people the January blues to kick in and everyone has to get back to work/school.
  • velixavelixa Posts: 497
    Forum Member

Agreed. The most hyped since 2000.

However every new year after the new millennium seems like an anti climax.