What would you have been doing 20 years ago?

1235»

Comments

• PolominiPolomini Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This time twenty years ago I was about to give birth to my second son - he's twenty on Sunday - and had a monumentally enormous bump, which was very uncomfortable in that summer's heatwave and with a two-year-old to look after as well.

He actually wasn't due for another few weeks, but the doctors decided to induce him early for various health reasons, and I'm very glad they did - he was born after only 27 minutes and was 8lb 13oz, so lord knows how big he'd have been if he'd gone to term!
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was pregnant and feeling like crap on a cracker, I remember the total horror of it like it was yesterday.
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember 1995 as a big turning point in my life..... I was 47 and after being married for 26 years and bringing up two daughters both of whom had left home by this point me and my husband had just got got divorced...to say my world changed is an understatement!..... I had just got a job working at a high street store distribution centre so met lots of new people and got lots of new friends, I was hoping on a plane every month from the sept till the following april on trips to different countries and out at night clubs and dancing and generally having a great time it was like being a teenager again but I had never had as good a time as that when I was a teenager!...... I had gone from living with mum and dad to being married for all those years so it was my first taste of real grown up freedom and I loved it!............. :D......
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have been 5 so I have no idea other than I know we went away to Corfu that year where we got stuff stolen and I cut open my chin because of my sister chasing me on wet marble (Y)
  • FanielleFanielle Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today, 20 years ago. Microsoft released Windows 95.

I was 12 years old, eagerly awaiting my 13th birthday in a few weeks. Convinced something magical would happen when I became a teenager. I think I was also preparing to start high school.
  • Stormwave UKStormwave UK Posts: 5,088
    Forum Member
    Your mum. How old are you again?
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your mum. How old are you again?

Who are you asking there Stormwave?..................:confused:
  • housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    We would of been out for a meal, today we went early because of hubby.
  • Sarah_lou63Sarah_lou63 Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    I'd just left London with all my worldly belongings packed into a friend's white van and moved to Dublin....where I lived very happily for 12 years. Now in Portugal just over 8 years so 20 years ex UK and no plans to return :)
  • Cornish_PiskieCornish_Piskie Posts: 7,489
    Forum Member
    20 years ago today I was two days short of my 11th birthday and looking forward to starting senior school in the Autumn. Little was I to know at that time that I would be the youngest girl in that year's intake which would gain me the nickname of "Runt" (as well as being the youngest, I was also small and stick-thin. I can't deny it), which followed me throughout my entire senior school career . It was meant affectionately though and I was never upset by it.

Even now I'm still "Runt" to all the girls from school that I've kept in touch with via social media, and even when I met somebody from my class at Old Girls Day, who I hadn't seen since she left after GCSE, as soon as she clapped eyes on me she called out "Hey Runt, how ya keeping..!! But we did have a big hug and a good old catch-up so all good.

School nicknames...... they stick with you for life, don't they just.
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have been doing what all five year olds do.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a 23 year old postgraduate student though I spent more time sleeping and partying than studying. I was totally skint but I was having a good time.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd just left the police force and about to start back in full time education. A scary time for me.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was about to start secondary school :o
  • Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,922
    Forum Member
    Early 20s, single, no children. I was going to lots of music festivals in the summer and having a whale of a time.