Royal Mail

grah2702grah2702 Posts: 787
Forum Member
✭✭
Taken from a poster on Blu-Ray.com

My father works for Royal Mail and it has now been confirmed that next day deliveries have now been cancelled as they cannot cope with the sheer backlog (over 1 billion items of mail undelivered due to the snow). Also there is no guarantee anything ordered online over the last week to 10 days will arrive in time for Christmas! They just can't cope with the backlog of undelivered mail!

Has anybody seen an official statement by Royal Mail that confirms this.

Comments

• TerryHTerryH Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the latest update from Royal Mail...

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump1?catId=400144&mediaId=112300784&campaignid=cshomepage

I know they had suspended special delivery last week because they couldn't guarantee next day delivery, website still says they can't guarantee it.
  • rockerchickrockerchick Posts: 9,255
    Forum Member
    Oh dear :( So glad i sent my cards out a bit earlier this year.
  • Deaf LeppardDeaf Leppard Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Less Royal Mail, more Royal Fail
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In Scotland, all the major websites and supermarkets have closed off their websites to Scotland-based customers due to not being able to guarentee delivery in time for Christmas. The high streets will be extra busy these next 10 days!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'll most likely get in extra agency workers and more overtime to get the backlog clear.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How original, considering the volume of mail that gets delivered and the logistic problems they have there will be problems.
    A lot of the other companies have their problems but they're on a smaller scale.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I work for Royal Mail,I wish you could see inside our mail centre before posting crap like that!
    They'll most likely get in extra agency workers and more overtime to get the backlog clear.

Spot on,there's four hours overtime on top of your eight hour shift every day if you want it,and I even went in yesterday on my day off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine in the sorting offices right now it is chaos and they are working overtime.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    I work for Royal Mail,I wish you could see inside our mail centre before posting crap like that!

Only just read this comment. A week late, just like anything else posted by royal mail.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone told me that the posties were out today (Sunday) if this is indeed true then kudos to them and the other RM workers for doing what they can.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    Someone told me that the posties were out today (Sunday) if this is indeed true then kudos to them and the other RM workers for doing what they can.

Run up to Xmas they put on Sunday deliveries, not sure if same happens with Parcel Force but when I worked there a few years back we delivered on Sundays as well.
    There's a few problems at my depot at the moment as not only is their the bad weather, some idiots have decided to carry out an experiment with the way the mail is delivered. I think instead of bikes the posties get dropped off on the routes and have to do it a certain way, what doesn't get done then rolls over to the next day.
    They started this end of November, it was probably dreamt up by a few graduates with no experience of the job.