Assassins Creed: Brotherhood BOOK?

LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just picked up Brotherhood and wow, blew me away all over again!

Anyway, I was surprised to see a novel version of Brotherhood which is 544 pages and only £4 on Amazon.

Has anyone read it? There doesn't seem to be any reviews out there. Is it the same as the game pretty much? Or another bridge like Ascendance or whatever that thing was called?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    I saw it at Asda, I thought it was more than likely a money making scheme - although I might get it anyway to judge for myself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeham wrote: »
    Just picked up Brotherhood and wow, blew me away all over again!

Anyway, I was surprised to see a novel version of Brotherhood which is 544 pages and only £4 on Amazon.

Has anyone read it? There doesn't seem to be any reviews out there. Is it the same as the game pretty much? Or another bridge like Ascendance or whatever that thing was called?

Not any help on the book but the game is outstanding cant believe the little hype there is surrounding ac yet games like COD are hyped to hell, AC blows COD miles apart the lack of different stuff to do on AC is brilliant and well worth the money glad i picked it up :D
  • LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not any help on the book but the game is outstanding cant believe the little hype there is surrounding ac yet games like COD are hyped to hell, AC blows COD miles apart the lack of different stuff to do on AC is brilliant and well worth the money glad i picked it up :D

FPS is king unfortunately :(

Hopefully that will fade soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FPS is king unfortunately :(

Hopefully that will fade soon.

Yeah,

I got AC 1 on release day though i loved it was over far too soon so wasn't happy. Got AC 2 about a year after release and for about £10 had it for about 3-5 months before starting to play it and loved it. If theres an AC 4 i'll be buying it release day :D
  • LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah,

I got AC 1 on release day though i loved it was over far too soon so wasn't happy. Got AC 2 about a year after release and for about £10 had it for about 3-5 months before starting to play it and loved it. If theres an AC 4 i'll be buying it release day :D

There's gonna be an AC3 that's all new fairly soon, Brotherhood didn't count as 3 :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's gonna be an AC3 that's all new fairly soon, Brotherhood didn't count as 3 :)

Ah :o Maybe i should have paid attention a bit better lol.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    There was a novelization of the AC2 story, sold pretty well.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read a chapter of this in Waterstones - one of the worst narratives I've ever read, based on that alone. Such ludicrous dialogue:

"I will kill you!" warned Ezio
    "Oh no you won't!" laughed the man

Etc etc. I'm an English student so lazy books like this totally piss me off, but even if I wasn't I still think I'd have enough common sense to realise it was written by someone who clearly isn't a novelist by trade :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    Read the first book, and it was enjoyable - follows the story of AC2 and adds greater detail to some of the plot lines.

There is none of the Desmond guff, just the history of the assassins.

I have the 2nd but as yet not started it.

But for a game to book novelization - It has been done very well with a genuine attempt to make a book out of it and not a simple regurgitation of the game (metal gear books).

The same is true of Gears of war & god of war - both books (or trilogy) are very well written and seem to have been approached from a writers perspective.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    ags_rule wrote: »
    I read a chapter of this in Waterstones - one of the worst narratives I've ever read, based on that alone. Such ludicrous dialogue:

"I will kill you!" warned Ezio
    "Oh no you won't!" laughed the man

Etc etc. I'm an English student so lazy books like this totally piss me off, but even if I wasn't I still think I'd have enough common sense to realise it was written by someone who clearly isn't a novelist by trade :p

He will be a novalist - just one paid peanuts and asked to have a first draft ready within a week. There are plenty of talented writers who churn out atrocious licenced crap under pen names to pay the bills.