Neo Geo store

Mark AMark A Posts: 7,687
Forum Member
Looking at the demos of all the Neo Geo games on the PSN store it's hard to imagine that these games cost over a £100 when new, and just how crappy they look now. Doubt I'd pay anything above 50p to download one, but each to their own.

Regards

Mark

Comments

• mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have blatantly waaay overpriced them all. What are, they, £8 a pop? I was expecting several for a fiver or something. Was looking forward to a few of those too, like Metal Slug, but the price they're set at I'll be staying well clear
  • Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always liked the graphical style of metal slug and would have bought it on PSN if it was a few quid but as with everything on PSN, it's overpriced. Whatever happened to downloadable content being cheaper?
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    They cost so much way back because they were not originally designed for the consumer market. £100+ is a lot for a console cartridge but for an arcade it was a cheap easy way of rotating games or having multi game cabinets.
  • frailfuryfrailfury Posts: 7,222
    Forum Member
    £7.99 for a Neo Geo game...it's shocking.

Who wanted these games?! We want more PSone games, PS2 games on the store. Not crappy pixelated graphic games!
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    frailfury wrote: »
    Who wanted these games?!

A lot of people in Japan!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    king of fighters and art of fighting! wahey!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i remember playing a football game on the arcade about 1994 it was a football game in space .

i think it was just football and you could foul anyone. was this a neo geo game
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i really really want international superstar soccer delux on the ps3 but i doubt it will ever happen.
  • McLovin85McLovin85 Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've downloaded a fighting ninja sort of game or something that came free with PS+ but still have not tried it out yet.

I nearly choked when I saw the price...no way I'd pay that.
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,386
    Forum Member
    frailfury wrote: »
    Who wanted these games
    Who wanted these games? Well Im quite happy there putting some up as I love many of the NeoGeo games.

All the King Of Fighters games & Metal Slug games were/are awesome. For instance I'd rate any of the NeoGeo King Of Fighters games above many better looking, more recent fighting games.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    kcspurs wrote: »
    i remember playing a football game on the arcade about 1994 it was a football game in space .

i think it was just football and you could foul anyone. was this a neo geo game

Soccer Brawl. I loved that game until I realised that if you lined your player up a few inches below the centre circle and fired a super shot it beat the CPU goalie everytime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2ovZkQFeg0
  • Benry_GaleBenry_Gale Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get how they actually dare charge 8 quid a game when you can get 40 of them on a disc for like a tenner, it just makes no sense at all.
  • Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,660
    Forum Member
    Benry_Gale wrote: »
    I don't get how they actually dare charge 8 quid a game when you can get 40 of them on a disc for like a tenner, it just makes no sense at all.

Those "40 on a disc" are illegal ROMS, that's why they're only a tenner (or free if you do it yourself). Not that I agree with the charges Sony have applied. Bloody rip-off they are.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All the King Of Fighters games & Metal Slug games were/are awesome. For instance I'd rate any of the NeoGeo King Of Fighters games above many better looking, more recent fighting games.

i hope they put in double dragon and my personal fave art of fighting 2
  • scooby1970scooby1970 Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have SNK Collection for the PS2 that plays perfectly well on my PS3 for King Of Fighters, Art Of Fighting etc and I really enjoy these games, however, I only payed £4 for all 16 Neo-Geo games in this collection so I find £8 a game a bit excessive!

:) Mark
  • TMLS313TMLS313 Posts: 3,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a Neo-Geo at the time.

To be honest now, it was a bit "Emperor's New Clothes" - I spent so much time convincing schoolmates how it was worth the stupid money for the games, but frankly they weren't that much better.