The Goodies not on iPlayer !!

Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
Forum Member
✭✭
Why isn't The Goodies on BBC iPlayer ??
I missed the Kung Fu Capers episode, so I went looking for it on iPlayer, and there's no Goodies :mad:

Comments

• Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    Im guessing its a rights issue. Most older shows, especially comedies, arent available on iPlayer.
  • stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    Yep, it's a rights issue. Sometimes the Beeb can't show films on Iplayer. I also remember a while back someone on this board complaining that the re runs of season one of Damages weren't up on Iplayer, but season three did go up on it.
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annoying. If I remember correctly, the other year, they pretty much secured the rights to stream everything.

But it looks like they have the rights to stream Disney material (hence all the Narnia films are up), but not stuff from Dreamworks. Also annoying that MGM wouldn't clear them to stream Singing in the Rain, as I was planning on linking it to an update I'm writing for the TV Tropes discussion page... about rendering subtitles. For obvious reasons...
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Georged123 wrote: »
    Im guessing its a rights issue. Most older shows, especially comedies, arent available on iPlayer.
    Maybe if BBCWW have just released the entire boxset for up to 25 quid through Amazon...
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe this episode was not shown.

I think "Earthanasia" was shown instead for some reason.
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    I believe this episode was not shown.

I think "Earthanasia" was shown instead for some reason.

Really ?
    I wonder why ? :confused:
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also noticed the episode of "Are You Being Served" BBC2 showed on Thursday & the "Ronnie Barker Bafta Tribute" they also showed on Thursday can not be watched on the iplayer.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    New stuff made for them have iplayer rights written in to the contract but imports and older stuff have to have the rights acquired separately. Sometimes the rights holders refuse and sometimes it just isn't economically viable.