Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    demfedemfe Posts: 15,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    Cadburys Crispello...it plumbs new depths in this incredibley annoying, irritating, acoustic, little girly voiced tweeness trend!
    Oh, when will it fecking end?
    Not just that, it seems deeply, deeply inappropriate....
  • Options
    eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    demfe wrote: »

Yes, I agree...something a bit unsettling about it.
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danio - So this is what Harry Hill is doing now? Flogging some f***ing Yoghurt?! :mad:

You mean as opposed to flogging some breakdown cover?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just seen that ad..... :eek:
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Cadbury Crispello advert - The girl's singing voice irritates me and why does she want to know what's underneath her boyfriend's dad's pants? I find that quite disturbing...:eek:
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chuffster wrote: »
    Patsy Kensit appears to have a CGI'ed head in the new Weight Watchers advert, it doesn't look real!

Yes, looks really odd and like she's ever been overweight :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheating slightly as it isn't tv, but I'm just listening to Spotify (premium trial expired) and an ad came on for some diet crisps whose name I can't remember. The ad is basically some bint trying to extoll the virtues of the crisps with her mouth full of them.

I can't abide eating noises and people talking with their mouths full; it makes my skin crawl and will certainly not persuade me to buy their salt and vinegar flavoured cardboard.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    The Cadbury Crispello advert - The girl's singing voice irritates me and why does she want to know what's underneath her boyfriend's dad's pants? I find that quite disturbing...:eek:

Just seen it too :eek::eek::eek:
    She cant sing (sounds off key/flat at the start), why the f*ck does she want to see what's 'underneath'? :confused::eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The VO5 ad with the Amish teens - would their community even allow haircare products? I guess thats the point of the ad.. rebelling/breaking the mould as they say.
    I'm sure I read a recent story that some sections of the Amish didnt like being made to have reflective lights/strips on their bikes at night, as they were "too modern" :o
  • Options
    ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,377
    Forum Member

Is that the one with the girl in the forest? , If I was the "mum" in that I would give her a bitch slap:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    TrishaS wrote: »
    Yes, looks really odd and like she's ever been overweight :eek:
    I agree. Why would they pick Patsy Kensit? She is an odd choice for a Weight Watcher's ad.
    The filming angles make her head looks too big for her body and her eyes look as though they are popping out.
  • Options
    Jennell_SierakoJennell_Sierako Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    I agree. Why would they pick Patsy Kensit? She is an odd choice for a Weight Watcher's ad.
    The filming angles make her head looks too big for her body and her eyes look as though they are popping out.

My 5 year old loves this ad. I asked him why and he said he was waiting for her eyes to fall out. Hmm.

We don't let our kids watch much TV but even so they get to see loads of adverts.
  • Options
    MarkBluemelMarkBluemel Posts: 1,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You are not alone. Deeply disturbing...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought the same when I saw the ad on Youtube too. :o
  • Options
    TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I thought the same when I saw the ad on Youtube too. :o

I've just watched it on YouTube...what a strange advert.
  • Options
    matt86matt86 Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Came here to post that bloody Airwaves ad, so annoying. The way they all dance around while blowing their various instruments, but more so for the inane music/noise. :mad:

And the chewing gum is rubbish anyway.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I hate:
    The Magnum ad that states the ice cream grows back when you bite into it, no it does not.
    False advertising or what.

That horrible FIAT ad with screeching singing kids playing as 'music'

Any Match.com adverts, the people in them are so irrritating

The creepy Wonga ad with the old man puppet putting his arm around that old woman *shudders, actually any wonga adverts are crap.
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Cadbury Crispello advert

Kill it. Kill it with fire.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    The VO5 ad with the Amish teens - would their community even allow haircare products? I guess thats the point of the ad.. rebelling/breaking the mould as they say.
    I'm sure I read a recent story that some sections of the Amish didnt like being made to have reflective lights/strips on their bikes at night, as they were "too modern" :o
    I think there was a story about brake lights or indicators
  • Options
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I think there was a story about brake lights or indicators

Oh yeah, maybe thats what I was thinking of :)
  • Options
    Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LolaSvelt wrote: »
    How about that toilet paper advert where they ask the nation if they scrunch or fold? Who the devil scrunches their toilet paper? That's just...gross.

Not only that, you would need a sewer pipe the size of the Chunnel unless you wanted to spend every night elbow deep in dirty bog water unclogging the bastard.
  • Options
    Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, it's perle de lait where the woman's crazy hair is sorted out by eating a pot of yogurt. Her strange, hand-over-mouth giggle at the end seems most odd!

Yeah, it's pretty shit even as far as yoghurt adverts go.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    matt86 wrote: »
    Came here to post that bloody Airwaves ad, so annoying. The way they all dance around while blowing their various instruments, but more so for the inane music/noise. :mad:

And the chewing gum is rubbish anyway.

Is that the one where the tune they are blowing is No Limits by 2 Unlimited? As if that song wasn't irritating enough as it is.
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any and all charity adverts
  • Options
    littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the. Just seem the Crispello Ad for the first time.

Weird and slightly disturbing.
    And another ad that is only probably allowed because it's a girl singing about the dad. I'm sure if it was the guy singing about the mom people would complain.
This discussion has been closed.