Options

Signs on road

muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Noticed some signs at the side of the motorway. Small blue signs that say something like 370.40. Next its 370.50. I have no idea what they mean or are, but at one point I though they were sequential then suddenly the numbers changed so can't see a pattern

What are they?

Comments

• Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muddipaws wrote: »
    Noticed some signs at the side of the motorway. Small blue signs that say something like 370.40. Next its 370.50. I have no idea what they mean or are, but at one point I though they were sequential then suddenly the numbers changed so can't see a pattern

What are they?

what the person with the wiki link said, if you break down or crash it will help the rescue people be it aa, police, ambulances etc find you
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are the posts with red strips on and numbers on which I understand. But there are these other ones sort of A4 in size in blue with like white edges. Or do these serve the same purpose
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the answer
  • Options
    Keith_13Keith_13 Posts: 1,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muddipaws wrote: »
    There are the posts with red strips on and numbers on which I understand. But there are these other ones sort of A4 in size in blue with like white edges. Or do these serve the same purpose

Helps you call in a problem if you see one, such as the festival goers we saw last year walking home along the hard shoulder!
  • Options
    Black BoxBlack Box Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to work for Highways England.

The top line is the motorway you're on, the middle is which carriageway (A is away from the start of the motorway, B is towards the start), and the bottom is the distance in KM from the start of the motorway.