Perfection - new BBC2 quiz

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Carman wrote: »
    Was pleased Gary didn't win anything though.

Didn't anyone else notice that when Gary came down and talked through all her Maggie's answers, he said he was 99% sure that vitamin D deficiency caused rickets but then didn't suggest changing her answer to "true".
    If he'd done what most of us expected he was going to do then they've won, whereas, in fact, he just made himself look BOTH a greedy con artist AND a brainless flanker.
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the look on the helper guy's face was hilarious when Orinoco in Africa came up false. He was so sure of himself and still didn't believe it!

He needs to swot up a bit on his Geography. :rolleyes:
  • greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    I thought the look on the helper guy's face was hilarious when Orinoco in Africa came up false. He was so sure of himself and still didn't believe it!

He needs to swot up a bit on his Geography. :rolleyes:

He obviously doesn't listen to Enya!:D
  • elite fileselite files Posts: 15,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this show is very watchable in five minutes and fast forward mode:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    greengran wrote: »
    He obviously doesn't listen to Enya!:D
    An Irish singer, so Wikipedia tells me, but I couldn't find the connection to the Orinoco :p
  • dudiusdudius Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    An Irish singer, so Wikipedia tells me, but I couldn't find the connection to the Orinoco :p

Her most famous song, perhaps? :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like this show because of the quiz element. I prefer The Chase but at least with Perfection, it isn't interupted with adverts every few minutes.
  • elite fileselite files Posts: 15,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i dont understand why the usual suspects dont pick the subjects they like in the end game would make it easier to go down and offer help and share a prize rather than trying for perfection on thier own?:confused:

say jackpot 10 grand cna they offer each suspect a grand to ocme down and all four have a bash together at the end game it not clear?:confused::confused:

on yuor loneosme very few win the moeny:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    teabag444 wrote: »
    I prefer The Chase but at least with Perfection, it isn't interupted with adverts every few minutes.

I have the perfect compromise! I watch Perfection on Freeview, with my Freesat box tuned to ITV1 HD. Then when Perfection finishes, I change over and watch The Chase on catch-up 15 minutes behind. Skipping the breaks, it's finished by six - just after the normal time. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have the perfect compromise! I watch Perfection on Freeview, with my Freesat box tuned to ITV1 HD. Then when Perfection finishes, I change over and watch The Chase on catch-up 15 minutes behind. Skipping the breaks, it's finished by six - just after the normal time. :)

Thanks. That gives me an idea. I'll record the Chase on Sky+ then when I play it back, I can fast forward the Ads.
  • iceyciceyc Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wahey, first winners in ages. :D
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iceyc wrote: »
    Wahey, first winners in ages. :D

yep the usual suspect that came down went away with more money! he did well
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    i dont understand why the usual suspects dont pick the subjects they like in the end game would make it easier to go down and offer help and share a prize rather than trying for perfection on thier own?:confused:

say jackpot 10 grand cna they offer each suspect a grand to ocme down and all four have a bash together at the end game it not clear?:confused::confused:

on yuor loneosme very few win the moeny:confused:

The rules only allow 1 person to come down and help the contestant out.

It is up to each individual "usual suspect" to play their game, but Mike told me after we lost, that his plan was always to choose subjects he knew and then come down and help the contestant as it would give him more chance.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A girl came down a couple of weeks ago but then the contestant refused to listen to her and they lost. Surely in those circumstances she should have been allowed to withdraw her offer of help.

A chap came down today for £700:o

The beauty of this programme is that you can be really really smug when you know for certain that they have failed:o
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i cant understand Peter today, he was really clever on his general knowledge and could easily of waited until the money was higher then won more but he helped out Kyle today and only got £700. Kyle was very happy even though he got £300.
  • CarmanCarman Posts: 1,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Camino wrote: »
    i cant understand Peter today, he was really clever on his general knowledge and could easily of waited until the money was higher then won more but he helped out Kyle today and only got £700. Kyle was very happy even though he got £300.

He may have known there was only one programme left to record and as he was fairly certain of the answers perhaps he thought he'd take his chance rather than end up with more difficult questions the next time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what happens to the two suspects left at the end of the series .. ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    armorium wrote: »
    what happens to the two suspects left at the end of the series .. ?
    As a contestant on series 2, I can confirm that contestants left over on the last series will feature in the first episode of the new series which is coming soon in January 2012!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mason393 wrote: »
    As a contestant on series 2, I can confirm that contestants left over on the last series will feature in the first episode of the new series which is coming soon in January 2012!

Good to see it is returning. I found it very interesting and Nick was not his usual annoying self.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh please don't replace Pointless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,383
    Forum Member
    Oh please don't replace Pointless.

Pointless is on BBC1 - This will probably replace the now dull and boring Weakest Link on BBC2?
  • OrangecrabOrangecrab Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perfection will return on Monday 2 January 2012, at 4:30pm on BBC2 Monday to Friday.
  • iceyciceyc Posts: 1,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to have it back. Perfection followed by Pointless, quiztastic!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Love this show!

Been waiting for Jessicas game i hope she wins it, she really is perfection lol :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Shes definately wrong on the Matilda tank one , that was used by the BEF in the Second World War :S